Don't Tell the Bride Series 7 - BBC 3

Comments

• topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best man was just using him - telling him to take off and leave the £500
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    That best man really was a piece of work wasn't he?
    They didn't even seem that close and he clearly didn't give a damn.
    Horrible watching him I'm afraid
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    That best man really was a piece of work wasn't he?
    They didn't even seem that close and he clearly didn't give a damn.
    Horrible watching him I'm afraid
    my original post was a bit harsh on Sean - nice but dim. I wonder if the "best man" was just a bully rather than a friend in any sense. Would love to know what he thought when he saw the show and what his friends (if he has any) and family made of it.

love that owl !:D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    In the last series I knew a couple who were on DTTB

they both knew what they wanted and spoke about it before they were filmed

he knew what dress to get and where from (she had tried it on before)
    he knew what florist, cake, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, favors and everything else to get
    he even knew the venue and made sure it was free the day they wanted
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I'm not entirely sure that Sean should be marrying a woman personally.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    In the last series I knew a couple who were on DTTB

they both knew what they wanted and spoke about it before they were filmed

he knew what dress to get and where from (she had tried it on before)
    he knew what florist, cake, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, favors and everything else to get
    he even knew the venue and made sure it was free the day they wanted

I assumed you're not allowed to tell us who they were? must have been a very dull show;-)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Is there a rule that states what must be bought with the money?

For 12k you could book a reg office, dress for £20 from the high street, rings from argos and then spend 11k on buying the wedding car instead of hiring one.

Or you could book a once in a lifetime holiday in which you get married. 5* luxury hotel, stag and hen do abroad and then just get married in a cheap drive through.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean was so easily lead astray by that tw** that was supposedly his best mate!!
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This best man is the most odious man I've ever seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just switched on. I cant work out who the groom is :confused:
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Just watched this week's episode and am gob smacked how unsupportive the bride's friends and family were and I was glad to see the numpty groom triumph in such style!

It was big of her Mum to say in the end it was probably the best wedding she'd ever been to, but her big sister...

The big sister in that episode was awful. The bride has a fear of boats yet it's the sister who is being all mardy and throwing a tantrum about getting on whilst the bride just got on with it. I really didn't get what her problem was, it wasn't her wedding.

Still need to watch Tuesdays but the previews showing the groom wanting a Harry Potter wedding is enough for me to hope it's a good one.
    Forum Member
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I've just switched on. I cant work out who the groom is :confused:

The one who is definitely not gay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't stand the best man. He didn't give a damn about the groom and basically said "you better get a good stag do because I want a drink with the lads and if you don't arrange that for me then I'm not coming to the wedding". I normally don't pay attention to these shows but caught a glimpse of this episode and wanted to punch him in the face. Horrible, horrible man.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,946
    Forum Member

Why because he doesn't like football? Or because he does the housework?

I thought he was an absolute sweetie, he had some great ideas and I think it was a shame he didn't get the support he deserved by his best man. Bet Nicole wishes she knew how to do the cruciatus curse
  • Parish15Parish15 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just watched it and kinda thought the same thing to be honest. Either way his best man is no friend, awful guy
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Why because he doesn't like football? Or because he does the housework?

I thought he was an absolute sweetie, he had some great ideas and I think it was a shame he didn't get the support he deserved by his best man. Bet Nicole wishes she knew how to do the cruciatus curse

I obviously didn't make it clear enough. I think Sean is gay.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,946
    Forum Member
    I obviously didn't make it clear enough. I think Sean is gay.

You made it absolutely clear, I just disagree. A straight man can be sensitive, can do housework, can focus on his own appearance too you know.
    Forum Member
    You made it absolutely clear, I just disagree. A straight man can be sensitive, can do housework, can focus on his own appearance too you know.

Yes he can. I still think he was gay though.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I actually cannot believe how much of a ****** the best man is. I can see why she hates him. Nasty man.
    Forum Member
    Which is the one with the bad best man? I want to see it but theres only 2 eps online
    Forum Member
    Omg at the best man! Just watched it and that poor girl!

I actually started off on the side of the best man when it appeared that the groom had ditched him because the bride didnt like him. In actual fact he probably just grew up.

I also agreed with best man when he argued that the wedding wasnt his priority so he shouldnt have to give up the football game to help. I could kind of see his point that his role was to support so he shouldnt have had to be available 24/7 during the 3 weeks.

But it went downhill from there. £300 for his suit? A hissy fit because the groom dared to spend more on the brides shoes than the best mans? Fgs forcing the bride into a hired dress because it was cheaper?

I hope for the couples sake that the friendship fizzled out. It will take a lot of time for her to get over her day ruined by that man so if hes popping over at weekends then i think the relationship will be very much strained.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    What always amazes me about this programme is how the couples never seem to have discussed their ideal weddings with each other before the programme.

When hubby and I got engaged, we discussed how we wanted to get married at length.... We knew EXACTLY what we did and didn't want for the day. It's amazing on this show how what the couples want is so different from what actually happens, with most of the grooms totally unaware of what their fiancées actually want on their wedding day!

One would have though that when they applied to be on the show, the brides would have given their men instructions eg I want a church do, reception in a country house etc etc... As it is the grooms seem to do what THEY ( and the best men) want rather than even stopping to think what the bride might actually want!

That said - it also amazes me how many of the bridesmaids have faces like slapped arses when they see what has been arranged, and are singularly aggressive and oppositional.
    Surely they should be able to help the groom and best man out rather than just stand back and make snide comments as most of them seem to do?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i couldnt believe how nasty the best man was and it made me feel very uncomfortable watching him.

i'm not surprised that she didnt like him!!
    Couldn't believe he ruined both the Stag and Hen do's....how did Liam ever become friends with Sean {but I did like the start, when they made it look like they were the couple}

But apart from the Best Man, it did turn out to be a great Wedding, Hoods and all - loved it when Sean explained to Nicole they had to go back the next Day to make it all official, and that she'll have to find another Dress.
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Couldn't believe he ruined both the Stag and Hen do's....how did Liam ever become friends with Sean {but I did like the start, when they made it look like they were the couple}

But apart from the Best Man, it did turn out to be a great Wedding, Hoods and all - loved it when Sean explained to Nicole they had to go back the next Day to make it all official, and that she'll have to find another Dress.

My opinion is that sean was probably an easy target at school as he seems such a nice, polite lad who isnt interested in the same things as most of his peers. He probably befriended liam whos a bit of a buffoon for protection.

I imagine liam being the bully at school so by sean being "friends" with him then he didnt get bullied by any of the "lads". Liam probably did bully him the way he did throughout the show but thats probably better than being bullied by a kid you dont know.

Thats the impression i got. Liam looked out for sean throughout school and now sean thinks he owes him a £300 suit and £500 night out. Hopefully in a few years he will realise people have grown up so he wont need an oafy bodyguard anymore and will move on with his life and leave liam and all his meathead mates behind.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I couldn't stand the best man. He didn't give a damn about the groom and basically said "you better get a good stag do because I want a drink with the lads and if you don't arrange that for me then I'm not coming to the wedding". I normally don't pay attention to these shows but caught a glimpse of this episode and wanted to punch him in the face. Horrible, horrible man.
    Totally agree. He was a nasty bullyboy! Everyone will now have seen his true colours but I suspect they already knew and he doesn't care anyway >:(
    He was a lovely bloke, shame he let his best man influence him so much but you could argue his missus was the same, just not so nasty. He made her meals, dried her hair, ran her baths.......perfect man in my book :D