Options

Confirmed OTA update reports here please.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just upgraded mine from the Huntshaw Cross transmitter. I thought it would do so automatically at 4am this morning without me having to do anything - what will happen to those who didn't know the update was happening? I did an 'Automatic update' and it found the update and all went smoothly. Interestingly, the MHEG seemed to be disabled until I turned the box off and on again. No lock ups though :)

Edit: I've just noticed the update didn't start until 10am, so I guess it would have done the update automatically tomorrow morning at 4am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Successful update here! Tried 'automatic' in the menu but it only seemed to scan for a second before saying no update found. I then went into the manual mode and gave it the Blackhill Mux B channel number - detected the update straight away and started downloading. I too was a bit worried about the 0% thing - perhaps if they had a little message on the screen warning users it might take a few minutes before it starts downloading?!

Everything went smoothly after that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Just done mine at about 20:15 - no problems with the update - but too early to say anything about lockups.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Updated mine around 18.45 hrs and, like others, all went smoothly. Was glad I had snatched a quick peek at forum while at work - and therefore expected the process to take a few minutes to move from 0% to doing something. If I hadn't known, I would have been well worried.

Really glad to have the update and glad too to have gone through my first Humax OTA. I bet I wasn't the only one to have their heart in their mouth incase it all went seriously wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    OTA Update succesfull 13.45 fingers crossed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    roy I think you are talking about the name of the recording in the playlist after it has been recorded- is this correct? The fix in 01 was so that when you editied a scheduled timer to add minutes on to the end it no longer blanks out the name so you can see what you have set to record from the scheduled timer list.

The new software addresses the same problem when you edit the start time of a timer.

The change most of us wants where the finished recording has an entry in the playlist of the name that was in the timer, rather than what was actually on when the recording started, is still outstanding. It was hoped that this would be fixed in the last beta but they need to go back to it as its not quite right. So I'll guess they'll change it but its not available, yet.

Yes. Sorry for not being clearer. It will be nice when they finally do get this right
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Upgraded at 11.30 ota from Pontop Pike no probs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    TDS wrote:
    Updated successfully between 1.50 and 2ish. I used automatic update (p.GB67 in the manual). Found the update pretty quickly but the 'loading message seemed to stick on 0% for ages which gave me palpitations (message on box said GO OTA which was comforting). Then 'decompressing' 0-100%, then 'programming 0-100%, then the usual start-up procedure. Finally 'Your software was successfully upgraded. New features are now available'.
    S/W version is now PGXTF 1.00.04 (I was on 1.00.00 before)

Crystal Palace transmitter.

I updated mine about 18:30, via Automatic Update. I also had heart palpations, not having had a chance to read the forum beforehand.
    I felt like the machine had been trashed. I'm so glad I didn't power off and on, 'cos I honestly thought it had hung.
    After seemingly ages stuck on 0%, it eventually starting downloading the update fairly quickly, as per the quote above.
    Eveything ok so far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    patto55 wrote:
    Upgraded at 11.30 ota from Pontop Pike no probs!

Likewise at about 10.30
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Updated successfully at 2045 - took about 10 minutes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Auto-updated overnight. Seems ok. I hadn't seen many problems in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    My receiver displayed an update message when I turned on at 6:00 this morning (Mendip transmitter). At first my bleary eyes though it was something more worrying like a hard disk failure! I'm glad it arrived overnight - I had lockups on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, all when switching BBC channels. One of these caused a recording to terminate after a minute.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Auto OTA update successful 16:40-16:50 6 Apr.

Run from FIVE no specific channel selection required.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I did mine via a manual search at about midnight, it went smoothly with no apparent problems.

Given that I didn't suffer from lock-ups i hope I've done the right thing in upgrading and not opened myself up for problems....

Regards

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I kicked-off an upgrade this morning.

I'm getting signal from the Rowridge transmitter (http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SZ447865)

Took an age before anything appeared to be happening, then after 3 or 4 cycles I got a picture back.

I haven't done much testing, but things appear much the same as before - I hope the BBC "thing" is fixed.

by-the-way, how does one get to Humax's UK web site? Nothing is happening for me!

Regards
    Guy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    guy_hindle wrote:
    I kicked-off an upgrade this morning.

I'm getting signal from the Rowridge transmitter (http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SZ447865)

Took an age before anything appeared to be happening, then after 3 or 4 cycles I got a picture back.

I haven't done much testing, but things appear much the same as before - I hope the BBC "thing" is fixed.

by-the-way, how does one get to Humax's UK web site? Nothing is happening for me!

Regards
    Guy

Try this it works for me

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    guy_hindle wrote:

Try http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/Default.asp

There seems to be a problem with the URL for the UK site - however all useful info is on global pages anyway.

Jonathan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Got update last night at about 22:01 from Crystal Palace transmitter.

I know the time because I had a lockup at 21:59 just before I did the update! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Woke up this morning and the box told me it had updated itself, not exactly sure what time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Updated it last night using the Automatic Search, no problems at all went smoothly, I'm on the Blackhill transmitter.
    David B wrote:
    Given that I didn't suffer from lock-ups i hope I've done the right thing in upgrading and not opened myself up for problems....

I feel the same David, I'd never updated from ver 1.00.00 because I've never had any lockups or lost recordings using the original software. In saying that I like the fact the prog name isn't lost when I pad a scheduled recording :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Only just got my Humax and been running for 2 days (my first which i received 4 weeks ago had a HD issue - record was lost when it came out of stand-by, was OK if switched off and on again).

Anyway - I have obviously not had any lockups (as have not had it long enough to get!!) but I upgrade yesterday via a manual search and everything looks fine - nice box (at the moment, there I have just put a pox on it!!)

Ruddocg
  • Options
    rich_jtgrich_jtg Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WPP wrote:
    Woke up this morning and the box told me it had updated itself, not exactly sure what time
    Ditto - saved me a job this weekend. :)
  • Options
    captainsossigecaptainsossige Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Succesful OTA upgrade for me yesterday at about 5pm from Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

Had very few lockups before, so can't really say if it's any betterer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    roy I think you are talking about the name of the recording in the playlist after it has been recorded- is this correct? The fix in 01 was so that when you editied a scheduled timer to add minutes on to the end it no longer blanks out the name so you can see what you have set to record from the scheduled timer list.

The new software addresses the same problem when you edit the start time of a timer.

The change most of us wants where the finished recording has an entry in the playlist of the name that was in the timer, rather than what was actually on when the recording started, is still outstanding. It was hoped that this would be fixed in the last beta but they need to go back to it as its not quite right. So I'll guess they'll change it but its not available, yet.

It seems there are people who'd like the name of the programme to remain as entered in the scheduled timer list because an incorrect name gets recorded in the playlist if the previous program overruns.
    However there are others like me who would still like to see what actually got recorded (in the playlist) to avoid being lulled into a false sense of security in situations where the programme was never broadcast and something else is sitting in the playlist with the title from the scheduled timer list.

My suggestion is to try to satisfy both sets of people by the following logic:

1. When the programme start time is reached, the entry from the scheduled timers list is placed in the playlist when the recording begins.
    2. At the same time, the Humax knows the length of the desired recording from the scheduled timers list so it sets a timer for half the programme length.
    3. When the timer interval in 2 expires the Humax then takes the transmitted name of the current programme being recorded and changes the name in the playlist to this name.

Admittedly I am making the assumption that the hardware can support this extra timer and that Humax could make the necessary software changes perhaps as part of their work on upping the timers to 50?

What do people think?

If the majority seem to be in favour I'll suggest it in an Email to Humax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Downloaded upgrade, the machine rebooted and was ok until it locked. I was able to reboot from the remote without turning the switch at the back. It was o.k. after that. Still haven't done the factory default setting though as I'm frightened of losing stuff even though the manual says I won't. Has everybody done a factory reset?

Thank you to everyone on this forum.