picture/sound interference on playback

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
over the last day or two I've noticed (.04 software) some nasty interference on playing back recorded programs. this looks like single white pixels falling like snow down the screen while the sound has a loud crackling sound.

This looks nothing like any ordinary interference i've seen with the picture breaking up.

Has anyone seen this sort of problem before?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I would expect you would also see this during live viewing. Is this the case?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    we have a faulty light fitting on the same circuit as out aerial amp in the loft & get interference like this when the light is turned on while either viewing live or if the light is switched on during a show being recorded.

Have you checked whether you have any similar electrical interference in the house or nearby?

Also have you watched these programmes before without interference?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I have not seen this same interference when watching live.

There has not been anything new attached to the ring mains and I have not seen this problem before.

It is really strange - the picture looks great but for the tiny white dots falling across the page, so I don't believe it can really be from the TS decoder, its almost as if its being added to the picture after that somehow??...