Should Acts Be Allowed Back...??

I've never been keen on acts being permitted a second chance on shows like this.

Yes the lad who returned after failure last year danced outstandingly well, but he had his chance and now it's time to give someobedy else theirs.

I think he's got it in the bag. If he doesn't make the final then his reappearence will mean nothing.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Well, who decides in the end? I didn't see last years, but if he's willing to learn and do it again the year after then he should be able to.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Well, who decides in the end? I didn't see last years, but if he's willing to learn and do it again the year after then he should be able to.

I'm not sure of the rules. I'm a newbie to the show!

But all the rejected acts could go away and improve their "talent" and be invited back next year, but I think everyone should only be given one shot so that others can have an opportunity to shine.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the rules. I'm a newbie to the show!

But all the rejected acts could go away and improve their "talent" and be invited back next year, but I think everyone should only be given one shot so that others can have an opportunity to shine.
    No, AIUI they have to go through the same procedure as everyone else.

If they're not good enough, again, then they won't get through, end of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    No, AIUI they have to go through the same procedure as everyone else.

If they're not good enough, again, then they won't get through, end of.

Is there an viewer's vote?
  • Playboy NolanPlayboy Nolan Posts: 3,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are trying to bring in fairness into a show that doesn't give a damn.

They are making a TV show and not interested in fairness at all. - If they want me on next weeks show that has already been recorded, then they would do that and edit me in.

It's a shame but people are lead to believe that all these shows have a heart and are trying to be fair, above board: They are not! Not in any way! They are making a TV programme and that's it!

The majority of the viewing audience are NOT people like us, they are people who go gar-gar whenever they see a kid, fall for the sod story and like seeing people having another go.

We on the other hand can see how unfair it is and that someone else could get air time that the returnee has taken.

But they don't care - to them we are wrong as we are talking about fairness and not talking about making a TV show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact he came back; it shows how determined he is to succeed. He has certainly improved since last year, and he, to me, had just as much right to be there as anyone else. He was one the very few tonight I actually enjoyed watching.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought George showed outstanding determination in coming back to try again to be honest, and if went through the same audition procedure, then good luck to him.
    They all seemed quite moved by his will to succeed, and I was glad he got another shot at it, to be honest - It was surely fairer then giving the other young lad a chance to reappear in the same series with a completely different act?