Netflix is Coming

Comments

• RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...You just have buy US itunes vouchers on ebay after that.

or at: http://itunes-express.web.officelive.com
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingdave wrote: »
    One of the advantages of blinkbox (although I confess I have never used it) is that if you link your Tesco Clubcard to the account or buy a DVD/Blu Ray from them, you automatically get the streaming version throughthe web/Xbox/PS3 etc.

Think thats pretty cool, but obviously you have to spend £10 or so on a physical copy of the film too.

And you got to shop at Tescos and spy card, I mean club card
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what AppleTV provides. Though to make it any good you need to set up a US iTunes account...

But what price? as I said the prices are way to high unless you subscribe and unless there is more choice in the services, then subscribing is a waste of time and money.

I stay well clear of Itunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But some of the films on netflix are ridiculous. I can see the point of widescreen, but when about 60% of my tv screen is just black, I dont feel as if i can see anything properly as it just looks like its been squeezed into a small strip in the middle

That is the problem I have, My t.v have a got a system that can make a 4:3 picture stretch into 16:9 and still look ok most of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    That is the problem I have, My t.v have a got a system that can make a 4:3 picture stretch into 16:9 and still look ok most of the time.

Well im glad im not the only one.

My tv does this too... But not when watching stuff through the pc, for some annoying reason
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    According to a recent Facebook post from Netflix, a "whole raft of new TV shows" will be added in the next 10 days. Good news. :)

http://www.facebook.com/NetflixUK
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've had a look at the US content on my Wii and I'm rather impressed with what I saw and some of the searches I made.
    Just a simple process of putting some numbers into the Wiis DNS settings and done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I've had a look at the US content on my Wii and I'm rather impressed with what I saw and some of the searches I made.
    Just a simple process of putting some numbers into the Wiis DNS settings and done.

I have got this on the wii and cannot find out how to do this. The kids love it but what little numbers do I need to put in? Thanks
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    markybaby wrote: »
    I have got this on the wii and cannot find out how to do this. The kids love it but what little numbers do I need to put in? Thanks

Go to wii Internet settings and change the DNS to:
    Primary: 208.122.23.22
    Secondary: 208.122.23.23
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Go to wii Internet settings and change the DNS to:
    Primary: 208.122.23.22
    Secondary: 208.122.23.23

does this only work on wii? or is there a way to do it on a PC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That DNS also works on PS3 and Boxee Box, didn't try on 360, nice to have one on UK and one on US.
    It works on a Mac so should work on PC too (makes Pandora Radio work as well).
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

Yup. In the US, Netflix in the evening is responsible for 33% of all download traffic. It uses more bandwidth than bittorrent.. which says a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well im glad im not the only one.

My tv does this too... But not when watching stuff through the pc, for some annoying reason

My T.V won't do it with netflix, because of the bars. The Ps3 can put video in full screen, but the not using netflix.

If I watch a 4:3 video, I make sure it is in the dark, I can't see the black lines then, they look part of the T.V
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Yup. In the US, Netflix in the evening is responsible for 33% of all download traffic. It uses more bandwidth than bittorrent.. which says a lot.

Don't forget that people are still in a trial, how many will keep it going once the trial have ended?
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that people are still in a trial, how many will keep it going once the trial have ended?

I'll probably to sign up a 2nd trial but will definitely subscribe though perhaps only for the odd month here and there to watch TV shows; I watch a lot as it is but there's still good stuff to catch up on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they track the ip address used for each account?

Eg, if I go to my friends house to watch a film, would it be possible to log into my account on his computer? Or would they block it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I'll probably to sign up a 2nd trial but will definitely subscribe though perhaps only for the odd month here and there to watch TV shows; I watch a lot as it is but there's still good stuff to catch up on there.

I admit I am getting into a couple of things, but doubt I will continue after the trial. I only got one debit card, so I could not even if I wanted to get a second trial.

The one good thing is that if I am on a late at work, I can come home and find something to watch before I go to bed as i can never go to bed right away, not that I am on a late shift much these days.

At least Netflix don't bombard me with emails, which is good, in fact the only one I have had is when I cancelled them.

I fear there will be many people going over their ISps limit and not realising and then get charged extra or worse blocked from accessing the net. Maybe it will get ISPs to change and realise we need unlimited usage these days and the days of 15GB have gone for most people.

Saying that I still think that there should be a lower priced package ISP wise for people who don't use so much and also for people who don't need the speed.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear there will be many people going over their ISps limit and not realising and then get charged extra or worse blocked from accessing the net. Maybe it will get ISPs to change and realise we need unlimited usage these days and the days of 15GB have gone for most people.

Saying that I still think that there should be a lower priced package ISP wise for people who don't use so much and also for people who don't need the speed.

I am sure you are right but I think the general public are becoming more savvy especially as streaming services start to be more widespread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they track the ip address used for each account?

Eg, if I go to my friends house to watch a film, would it be possible to log into my account on his computer? Or would they block it?

Yes, you can still watch it.

I've just watched a bit of Dexter here in work :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I am sure you are right but I think the general public are becoming more savvy especially as streaming services start to be more widespread.

Are they? I am not so sure, they see the words unlimited but don't realise that in a lot of cases unlimited is not truly unlimited, sure it is better than it used to be, Bt have dropped their limits from option 3 broadband, which was suppose to be unlimited.

We will see what happens.

Just had a email from Netflix saying I can have a one month trial, which is strange as i am already in a one month trial, ok I have cancelled my subscription, but I can still use it for a month,, so are they gong to give me a month on top of this month?

Not sure if I can be bothered to be honest
  • carlosfigueiracarlosfigueira Posts: 297
    Forum Member

well the ones that haven't got enough speeds certainly will cancel. anyone that is on good enough speed and it's the 1st time trying video streaming services will have to decide if the streaming experience is their thing or not.
    Anyone streaming with other companies would most likely stay withNetflix as I have tried them all and the best so far is netflix.

Okay this is not counting with Sky anytime+
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Can someone do me a favour?

Is Heroes S1 Episode 6 working? :( Getting a bit addicted and was gutted to find out I cant watch episode 6!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Senium wrote: »
    Can someone do me a favour?

Is Heroes S1 Episode 6 working? :( Getting a bit addicted and was gutted to find out I cant watch episode 6!

Just tried it and it works fine for me.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they? I am not so sure, they see the words unlimited but don't realise that in a lot of cases unlimited is not truly unlimited, sure it is better than it used to be, Bt have dropped their limits from option 3 broadband, which was suppose to be unlimited.

Luckily I'm on Virgin Media 100mb.. I have unlimited downloads and no traffic management :D

I will be keeping my netflix sub.... xbox on UK, and wii and ps3 on US :D for £5.99 a bargain :D