Has anyone here ever been to the theme park called Oakwood?

potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
Is it decent?

I am interested in going to somewhere a bit different since all you hear of on TV are the Merlin group ones, Alton Towers/Thorpe Park/Chessington.

Comments

• Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, from Oakwood to Sacktown. The Bay Area and back down. Cali is where they put they mack down. Give me love!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's ok. Alton Towers is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I have many many years ago. I can't remember much about it apart from it having a wooden coaster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and Yes. Can't tell you any more my brain cells and memory are diminishing daily.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, from Oakwood to Sacktown. The Bay Area and back down. Cali is where they put they mack down. Give me love!

:D

Excuse me dear sir, are you of the opinion that California knows how to party?
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Are you staying in Wales? If not, I wouldn't bother travelling too far. It's about an hour from me and the last time I went was looking tired and run down :(
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I knew that Alton Towers would be better since they have so much money to invest on new attractions but was just interested in something new.
    If it's shite I won't bother.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Are you staying in Wales? If not, I wouldn't bother travelling too far. It's about an hour from me and the last time I went was looking tired and run down :(

Nah, it was a day out.. It's about the same distance to here as Alton Towers.
    Oh that's a shame it's run down..
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    :D

Excuse me dear sir, are you of the opinion that California knows how to party?

Yes kind sir. In the city of LA, ol' Watts and Compton.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Went years ago when we stayed in mid Wales on a family holiday.

Must of been 1997/8 I think. Was a good day out and we also went to the Crystal Maze place which is just down the road from it, which was different to say the least