Options

Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    user986 wrote: »
    That said, I wish she stopped pretending she is the vile cow she wants everybody to believe she is - in the CBB she turned out to be better than others, let's be honest.

I think I must have been watching the show in a parallel universe, then, because for the most part she came across every bit as vile as the 'villian' she portrays. If she's that good an actress, she's wasted when there is a lucrative career in panto waiting.
    Having said that, yes, her second place was a victory in context of some of the other highly unpleasant characters she shared the BB house with.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I think I must have been watching the show in a parallel universe, then, because for the most part she came across every bit as vile as the 'villian' she portrays. If she's that good an actress, she's wasted when there is a lucrative career in panto waiting.
    Having said that, yes, her second place was a victory in context of some of the other highly unpleasant characters she shared the BB house with.

I agree. The CBB house this season had some truly unsavoury people. The producers must've trawled the depths for them
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    This Morning seem to be ignoring her though
    dont think she s in their good books
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    This Morning seem to be ignoring her though
    dont think she s in their good books

They are friends of Nadia and Pricey...and she is was so rude to Holly.

Hopkins is still going after Kelly Clarkson, going on and on about her weight.
    Kelly Clarkson doesn't care or know who Katie is, but she keeps going calling her a "chunky monkey.." Kelly Clarkson actually looks very content with her life, I wonder if Katie Hopkins is. In Now, she has repeated the story about not wanting to be pregnant with her first child, and how upset she was about it...Nice for that child to read, in a few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »

Hopkins is still going after Kelly Clarkson, going on and on about her weight.

She's probably trying to wind-up Kelly's fans so she'll get some attention. Can't think why else she'd pick on Kelly, and Kelly has a new album out too. It's so desperate and sad on KH's part.

Out of KH and KC, I know which one I'd rather be.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    She's probably trying to wind-up Kelly's fans so she'll get some attention. Can't think why else she'd pick on Kelly, and Kelly has a new album out too. It's so desperate and sad on KH's part.

Out of KH and KC, I know which one I'd rather be.

I think River Rose has got a better deal too...Imagine is Katie's daughters ever gain weight, she is creating an environment of fear, which is a breeding group for eating disorders.

Katie also gets attention by going after big names....She started on Kelly Clarkson when she was on The Graham Norton Show, but when has Katie ever been invited on the talk shows...Graham Norton, Jonathon Ross, The Chatty Man, all ignore her. She is only asked on anything to be a bitch. She has not talent or real personality.

Kelly Clarkson will get far worse in the Hollywood media, she always has had, when she has gained weight, but she is still very, very, talented.

Katie then went after Danny Dyer who is a big name right now, so drew more attention to herself. And Danny hit back...whoever is wrong or right there, at the end of the Danny has an acting job and is marrying the woman he has been with since they were 14. Katie is trying to make money by writing for The Sun and Now......
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if she is serious about staying in the public eye, she needs to develop a profession and stop the goading.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there no stopping Katie ?

She s now being lined up to host her very own chat show

She will be one of the puppets on the upcoming... Newzoids.... show
    (scroll down to see the puppet )

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/katie-hopkins-new-tv-chat-show
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will keep paying her money to be 'controversial' until everyone stops listening to her, talking about her and sharing links to 'whatever crap she's done now'.

If you knew she'd get you viewers/readers, you'd probably give her money too. Well, I'd like to think I wouldn't as I have morals, but business is business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    was nt there a series of paperbacks.... What Katy did next....

or something ?

Must have been the girls equiv to Just William
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Makes me wonder if it's worth behaving differently in my job to see if I get any more success. I don't think i've got it in me.

She's no actress, but regardless she's good at what she does... Shame she's not actually an actress come to think of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    People will keep paying her money to be 'controversial' until everyone stops listening to her, talking about her and sharing links to 'whatever crap she's done now'.

If you knew she'd get you viewers/readers, you'd probably give her money too. Well, I'd like to think I wouldn't as I have morals, but business is business.

I couldn't respect myself doing what she does for a living but she does do it well, to keep herself relevant. However, her 'novelty' is fast wearing off with me. The only way she can keep herself relevant is to come out with increasingly 'controversial' utterances but there is only so far you can go with that. I don't go looking for it but if I see any of her latest pronouncements, I now just tend to roll my eyes, tut and move on.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, she's getting increasingly more desperate. I hope she isn't thinking of invading Poland next...
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This vile woman is now having a pop at people suffering from dementia saying they are 'putting strain on the NHS by bed blocking' and saying 'they don't know where they are anyway'

Cannot bear the woman!
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vix77 wrote: »
    This vile woman is now having a pop at people suffering from dementia saying they are 'putting strain on the NHS by bed blocking' and saying 'they don't know where they are anyway'

Cannot bear the woman!

She's really outdone herself in vileness with that remark. I hope to god she never gets dementia, as it's a terrible disease. My dad had it and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

She's supposed to be developing a chat show now for broadcast by TLC. Thank god it's not for mainstream TV.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/apr/08/katie-hopkins-tv-chatshow-tlc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TLC... sounds like a pay channel

so I wont be watching !
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
    Forum Member
    MS Hopkins was on Radio5 explaining her remarks regarding dementia, she began seeming to be reasonable but let her guard down in conversation with footballer Robbie Savage, who with his mother cared for his father who had dementia.
    Match of the Day pundit Savage said: "I spoke to my mother, my mother's in tears. I've been in tears tonight because I lost my hero, my father from a disease which people know nothing about. Going on Twitter to vent some stupid naive comment beggars belief. I'm mortified."

To begin with MS Hopkins said she was only expressing what she wanted for herself, but when Savage asked if he & his mother were wrong she said they were. You could tell Hopkins had been biting her lip for 4-5mins resisting making a caustic remark.
    "The day I am diagnosed with dementia is the day I book my ticket to Dignitas.

Ultimately, if your family member is in hospital with dementia because you are not caring for them - you have no right to be outraged."

When Savage asked if Hopkins felt the 17 weeks his father spent in hospital was bed blocking, she replied: "For me, yes."

Savage accused her of being paid to make controversial remarks and pointed to her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother & I'm a Celeb. Hopkins asked about Savages appearance on Strictly to which he said he was asked to take part as he was a footballer, Hopkins didn't give a reason why she had been selected for the shows she appeared on.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vix77 wrote: »
    !

Yawn! Why do people listen to this WUM?
  • Options
    AhamPremaAhamPrema Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I've never taken Katie Hopkins seriously as it clearly amused her to stir up outraged responses by taking up ridiculously extreme positions like hating all gingers or people named Tyler. I thought that behind the pantomime media persona there might be someone intelligent who wanted to provoke debate and encourage people to have a view even if it was different from hers. But her ill-informed NHS crusade in which she's feeding prejudices and increasing the stigma for sufferers of depression and dementia is no joke and could cause huge distress for vulnerable people who are already likely to have low self esteem. Her racist remarks about Rochdale and unbelievably insensitive tweet about Justine Miliband also show she has no boundaries or judgement. Time to take away her platform and stop paying her any attention.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, i found her vile, patronising, rude and aggressive. She just thinks shouting the loudest makes her right. I just think the public enjoyed the arguments and that's the only reason she survived until the end.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    was nt there a series of paperbacks.... What Katy did next....

or something ?

Must have been the girls equiv to Just William

Yes but they were more a forerunner to Anne of Green Gables or Little House on the Prairie. They were written in the 1870's about a girl growing up in America. She is initially an irritating tomboy but after an accident she learns to be a nice person.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn! Why do people listen to this WUM?

Not only do they listen but what she says people take notice too look how many replies on this forum 648 and nearly 73000 views :o if people did not comment on her,and took no notice whatsoever she would soon go away.

Until then people will go on and on and on about her on social media such as this thus giving her the air of publicity she thrives on.>:(>:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said above, she's reaching the end of her 'novelty' act and can only keep up the 'outrage' the harder she pushes it. That means she will ultimately have to push it too far to stay relevant (if she hasn't already) and her pathetic little house of cards will fall. 'Til then, she's enjoying the ride and the money but has sold out on just about every shred of human decency she might have once held on to. I really did think it was a pantomime act at one point but it's like she's 'stuck on repeat' now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She really got onto poor Perez case and hounded him
    throughout his stay in the house

She put the hex on him so much that poor Perez coudnt sleep
    and has since been getting psychiatric help .

If she put her mind to it, and joined the Tory party, she could become the
    next Maggie Thatcher .............
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said above, she's reaching the end of her 'novelty' act and can only keep up the 'outrage' the harder she pushes it. That means she will ultimately have to push it too far to stay relevant (if she hasn't already) and her pathetic little house of cards will fall. 'Til then, she's enjoying the ride and the money but has sold out on just about every shred of human decency she might have once held on to. I really did think it was a pantomime act at one point but it's like she's 'stuck on repeat' now.

Totally agree with everything you've said. As KP said she has no respect for anyone and one day the bubble will burst
This discussion has been closed.