Model Rail v Railway Modeller magazine

Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which do you prefer?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Model Rail is just overbearing. Plus Chris Leigh is just stuck. He just wouldnt understand why the Jouef Mk3a is the only model of a Mk3 that is correct to use as the loco hauled type on the WCML & as the coaches to use to model the prototype HST. he just had a dislike of them , dont know why , no idea that the IC225's dont use the TDM system for push pull & that the extra cables on the front of the class 90/91 & the Mk4's & DVT are the UIC ones that are dedicated for push pull running. His dislike of HO is also apparent, but then model rail is a 00 gauge purists magazine. His moaning about Lima motors , i have a fleet of class 87's some that are now 20-27 years old that ae still running despite years of hi speed hammerings.

Railway Modeller is again a stuffy publictaion, thats never been keen on the electrified railway or the use of H0 gauge stuff to fill the gaps in wagons that was all to gaping some 10-20 years ago.

I havent bought either one in for years, bu the odd time ive looked at them in Smiths , nothings changed. As someone whos layout / interest has always been the 25kv ac scenee, ive always found the moel magazine pay it lip service.

:)
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to subscribe to Model Rail - and really loved it for the first year or two.

Railway Modeller has improved A LOT since the change in editor - it is much less stuffy these days - and the whole look and design has come on leaps and bounds.

So I've switched to RM now.