Options

Nicknames for your cats.

DurianDurian Posts: 744
Forum Member
✭✭
Aside from your cats proper name, do you call he/she any nicknames? I have 3 lovely cats,..

Archie my ginger tom cat - we call him Marchie, Monk Monk, little sausage bean, Archie poo, Boy

Mimi my little baby black and white girl - we call her Mia, Mimi Pucheski (she was adopted from a croatian family), little cow/penguin, Mimsicle

Pickles is my black girl cat (the boss of all 3 even though she is tiny) - we call her Pixie, Pik Pik, Pickly bum, Madamme and princess.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    :D Ruby - aka Rudeby, Boobs, Dude, Doodle, scroodle, poggalies (pog), Ruby doo and Elphie aka - Pelly, pels, pel pels, pellington, pelps, Elphiegreen, pellygreen, princess pellygreena :D x
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Leo gets called Leopold or Leonine by me, Leoman by my son

Felix gets Felixywoo or Felixstowe -the kids think I'm mad with that one, they've only just realsied it's a place
  • Options
    toddypoostoddypoos Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Pickles is my black girl cat (the boss of all 3 even though she is tiny) - we call her Pixie, Pik Pik, Pickly bum, Madamme and princess.[/QUOTE]

My little black boy cat is Pickles too! Normally nicknamed as Pickly head, Picks and For God's Sake Shift out of the way!

My other little boy is Monty - aka Monty head and Stop Scratching, lol

A friend of mine called her cat "Stoppit" - I think that's fab :)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have 12 week old kittens Eric and Ernie..otherwise known as The Furies....The Twits...or the Demon Duo depending on what they are doing!
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber (who never, ever gets called Amber)

She is Ambi, Ambi-Pure, Ambrose, Amber-Rose, Fruggly head, Chuggly head, fruggly-chuggly head, monster, mew-mew, ep-ep, chug-chug... :p

Basically anything stupid that you can think of (and most of them are my courtesy of my OH :eek: :D
  • Options
    janismjanism Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Boots - Bootsie, Boo
    Socks - Mo, Rolly Mo as he sleeps on his back and twists his head and paws in the air! My friend Dan thinks that is so weird and cool.
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I have far too many animals to list all their nicknames :D BUT one of our cats is called Douglas and he has loads of nicknames;

Dougie, Doug, Dugger, Dooby, Dougsy, Dougal, DooDoo, Dooby Doo, Doodle, Dougie Boobs and my mum likes to call him Duggle Arse.

Poor little mite. :D
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Frazer is ' handsome boy' and Frankie is 'baby boy'. :o:D
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Tiger get called: Big Boy, Tiger Boy, Fat Boy, or Tiger B.
    Snozzy get called: Snozzykins, Snozzums, Princess, Pretty Kitty, Madame, Baby Girl or Snozzy D.
  • Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have 12 week old kittens Eric and Ernie..otherwise known as The Furies....The Twits...or the Demon Duo depending on what they are doing!
    When Woody and Archie are rampaging through the house they are the gruesome twosome or the terrible two. I will have to remember Demon Duo to add to the list.

Shadow will answer to Bugger (excuse my french) cos I was always calling him a "little bugger", he started to think that was his name (he was a naughty boy) He is also called 'Bad Shad' (cos it rhymes). Sadly these days he is too old to be naughty.

My youngest, Archie - 4 months, is called Archibald when he is naughty.

Woody is normally Good Wood as he is such a lovely natured cat.
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Mostly, all we do is add 'ie', 'y', 'ey' etc onto our pets' proper names - well my wife does.... mostly :)

We did have 5 cats for a lot of years (last one died a coupla yeras ago)
    Bart - would sometimes get 'Bartie'
    Gizmo - would get 'Giz', or 'Gizzy'
    Figaro - almost always got 'Figs' - but sometimes 'Slinky', because he was.... very.
    Joni - occasionally got 'Bitch' - because she was one :D
    Frankenstein - spent most of his life being called 'Frankie' - But sometimes I'd call him 'Wonky' (because of a birth defect, his left front paw was a funny shape, also the left side of his mouth, and his left eye had flecks of green among the brown.

Currently have a dog - 'Stig' - which my wife often calls 'Stiggie'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    5 cats:

Toby: Tobes, Tobstrel, Mr Tobies, Toby Stir, Mommy's Man, Mimpy

Pepper: Mrs Corns, Peppercorns, Madame Poivre, Cornies

Biscuit: Whiskles, WhiskyWibblestix, Bix, Whisk

Gizmo: MoMo, Little Mo, Mo-let, Mrs Tiny Paws

Mitzi: Pudding, Pie, Queen Perfect Paws, Mrs Fusspot Paws

I'm not well .......... :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    l have a persian whos name is "Mia" but we call her.. Mama.. Pleb, Plah Plah.

l have a short haired cat called "Bon" .. we call her Splom Splom, Skanky, Pom Pom. Bon La Pom, Bon La Bin

OMG lm so glad l read this thread, at least l know lm not the only one shouting strange names at the back door :D
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gizmo and Bookend (all black cats ) both get called , bugger lugs, smelly bottom ( when they fart) daddies little angels, scrumptious little fluffy bunnies

Bookend loves it and rolls over for her tummy to be tickled

Gizmo , well it depends on her mood, sometimes she looks up at me as if to say " you idiot , did you know I was sleeping before you started talking to me in that stupid baby voice and woke me up, now pi** off and get me some snacks to say sorry "
  • Options
    Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grumpy - Grumpy Dumps, Fluffy Bum, Cheeky Bum, Sexy Bum (I see a theme here :D - she does that stretchy walk where she wiggles her bum a lot and also waves it at the toms and wanders why she gets attention :o )

EDIT:

I forgot Little Sh*t - when she digs her claws in for attention:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member

Nicknames: Figgy, My Baby, Mr Fig, Robo-Fig, Figgly Mog

Nicknames when he's naughty: Cooking Fat, Little B*****d (said of course with a defeated smile because he's just too gorgeous to actually be mad at even when he knocks a glass off the table because it was there and he could). :D
  • Options
    TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, I'm glad it's not just me!

My girl is called Tootsie :o which I don't like but she was 2 when she came to me and already called that.

She gets Toots, Tootles, Tootle Pie, Tootle Pip, Pipsqueak or Pipski.
  • Options
    Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zebedee is Zeb the Web or ZebWeb because he likes to go out exploring, and comes home covered in cobwebs and general garden debris.
    Angel is Ange the Strange or StrangeAnge - she's still a bit aloof.

I sort of wish that when we adopted Angel we'd changed her name to Florence, then they'd have been Florence and Zebedee (Magic Roundabout) or Zeb and Flo.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    mine used to be called Psycho because she was basically, now she is an only cat and with just me and my partner she is a softy so it doesn't seem right..

Now she gets called Poobag or poobsly because she has this habit of making the whole flat smell when she uses the litter tray and she seems to go rather a lot! She also gets called Clemmie cat (which is slightly nicer than the others) she occasionally gets called Clem Clem as well.
  • Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our cat is called Juno, and is often called; Junofish/junosquish, catbag, mitten.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is called Bagpuss but sometimes I call him sweet baby when he's good and kit boy when he's bad. I have no idea why. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    Our cat is called Juno, and is often called; Junofish/junosquish, catbag, mitten.

That's nice. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    My cat (who we lost two weeks ago aged 18) was named after the tiger in the Jungle Book - Sherekhan. Throughout the years he aquired many nicknames, the most common of which (Sherie) was a shortened abbreviation of his full name.

He was also called Wearie, in later years, when he began to slow down as it rhymed with Sherie, and his last nickname was Woo, (Or Wooee) which came about when my nephew, then aged 5, went outside to whistle for him to come in and all that came out was 'woo' - it stuck and it became a nickname. We used to say a rhyme - Sherie-dearie-Werie-Woo - encompassing all his nicknames and he answered to every one of them. He was a lovely old boy and I miss him terribly. His memorial plaque and his ashes inscription all say his full name - Sherekhan - but to us he was always Sherie, or Woo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    Oh wow all these gorgeous nicknames! What are we all like ah! mad!!! :D

I have Lily who soon became Lily Moo, followed shortly by Moosie, gorgeous girl, (when hubby comes in I say "Babe, your girl is in" , sweetheart, moose,

Blackie, became Blackster, Hunny Bunny, Gorgeous boy, Bunny, cherub, sweet pea, Hunny,

My late Percy who was black with white socks, my hubby named him "tosspotieus, whitefootieus!!! oh and baby.
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    My Tabitha responded to Tabitha or Tabs. I sometimes called her 'Tabby-Cat' and she used to look at me in astonishment :p

I never shorten Bernard - he knows his name well.

Millie and Lucy don't really respond to their names very well (I sometimes try using their original rescue names but they've never responded to those either). Millie gets called Millie-Moo and Lucy is Lucy-Lu but I may as well call them Puss and Puss for all the notice they take. :p