Options

HOW to stop a man from following you around?

13»

Comments

• Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatWolf wrote: »
    Divorce him

Haha Marry him
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    tell him to eff off or you`ll be going to the police station to report him for harassment and say it firmly through clenched teeth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Tell him seriously and absolutely clearly that you are not interested in him, you are certain you never will be and he has to stop following you. Do this is a public place, making sure that other people are in plain view and possibly with a friend or family member nearby or with you.

Start logging his actions, date place, what was involved, conversations. Take photos as appropriate.

If his behaviour doesn't change say the same things again, this time adding that he clearly hasn't understood, and that you were completely serious when you said he had to stop following you. Also say if he carries on it constitutes harrasment or stalking and you will go to the police. Keep logging his behaviour but don't tell him you are doing so.

If he continues tell him you are now going to the police, and do it, taking your evidence.

I wouldn't bother telling him lies. He won't take what you say seriously if things you have said in the past haven't been backed up by evidence.
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cry rape
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Cry rape

don`t do this.
  • Options
    SerranoSerrano Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Tell him you cut your last BF's dick off.
  • Options
    Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maryjh wrote: »
    Tell him seriously and absolutely clearly that you are not interested in him, you are certain you never will be and he has to stop following you. Do this is a public place, making sure that other people are in plain view and possibly with a friend or family member nearby or with you.

Start logging his actions, date place, what was involved, conversations. Take photos as appropriate.

If his behaviour doesn't change say the same things again, this time adding that he clearly hasn't understood, and that you were completely serious when you said he had to stop following you. Also say if he carries on it constitutes harrasment or stalking and you will go to the police. Keep logging his behaviour but don't tell him you are doing so.

If he continues tell him you are now going to the police, and do it, taking your evidence.

I wouldn't bother telling him lies. He won't take what you say seriously if things you have said in the past haven't been backed up by evidence.

This is the only sensible thing I have read on this thread so far.

2 words - restraining order
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Try making yourself undesirable -
    - cough in his face (up close)
    - pick your nose
    - scratch an itch
    - say you have a disease!

mention cctv cameras (if all else fails) - or get someone to walk with you and kiss you passionately!
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    Just go to the Police and tell them that you suspect someone is stalking you as he is following you around. Next time you go out take someone with you and then they can back your story up.

There are some strange people around OP. You didn't meet him at a bus stop did you? Got to watch out around those, there are some people who try to pick up the ladies there. ;)
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I said this too:D he still follows me around :rolleyes:
    maybe he's into that.....

if you're that worried, go to the Police.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell him your tell the police.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Few ideas..

1) Tell him in no uncertain terms to f*** off. Tell him you find him creepy and unnerving and you wouldn't find him attractive if he was the last man on earth. Tell him you would rather shag a TB riddled badger. As some have said before me, some men don't do subtle. Brace yourself for the inevitable suicide attempt, but stick to your guns.

2) Blather on and on and on and on about your new boyfriend and his massive c***. Tell him that you wouldn't normally do oral or anal, but you are making an exception for this guy. Download a few c*** shots from a dodgy site or ask your gay friends for a few, and then MMS them to him asking his opinion of whether 12 inches is normal or not.

3) Borrow a friends house for evening, message your pal and tell him you will meet him there upstairs and you will be dressed as a geisha girl, lying on the bed with a fresh board of sushi on your naked breasts. Insist he dresses like a ninja (cause you have a thing for that) and then call the police at the stated time and tell them there is a burglary under way.

4) Attempt the above but instead of calling him from around the corner, lie in waiting for him and make use of the new laws surrounding defending your own property, and shoot the weirdo with a cross bow when he is coming up the stairs.

If I think of any more excellent ideas I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop moving
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a man who follows me around like a puppy. Tried being polite, asking him to stop, doesn't work:(

I need a way to completely turn him off so he leaves me alone:eek::mad::mad:

Stop wearing deodorant?
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Report him to the police on the non-emergency number if you feel threatened.