Your top 3 best games this gen

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seems to change daily so many great games to choose at the moment Fable 2, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider gets my vote.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top 3? I don't think I can narrow it down...

Uncharted 1/2/3 - If I had to pick one... then no. 2.

Mass Effect 1/2/3 - If I had to pick one... then no. 2.

Red Dead Redemption

Max Payne 3

Halo 3, Reach, 4 - If I had to pick one... then Reach.

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Tomb Raider 2013
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    No particular order.

1. Limbo
    2. Portal
    3. Valkyria Chronicles

Honourable mentions: GTA IV, Little King's Story, Super Mario Galaxy, Bulletstorm, Machinarium, Skyrim, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody.

Plenty of stuff on the handhelds, as well: Dragon Quest IX, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Animal Crossing: Wild World...
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 3? Right, ok...

1) Portal 2
    2) Skyrim
    3) XCOM: Enemy Unknown

...picked not only because I enjoyed them all immensely, but because I feel they've all contributed a lot to the world of gaming.

Honorable mention has to go to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, though.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    No particular order:

Heavy Rain
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Red Dead Redemption

Currently playing the Uncharted Series.. Up to #2 now (chapter 16) so that will most likely replace Heavy Rain..
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top 3 Single Player Games

1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Uncharted 2
    3. Assassins Creed 2

Top 3 Online Games

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2
    2. Call of Duty 4

Top 3 Games No-one else bought.

1. The Saboteur
    2. Sacred 2
    3. Mini Ninjas

Top 3 Co-op games.

1. Borderlands
    2. Saints Row 2
    3. Uncharted 3

Top 3 Downloadable Games.

1. Super Stardust HD
    2. PixelJunk Eden
    3. Dead Nation

Top 3 Games Series

1. Uncharted
    2. Assassins Creed
    3. Elder Scrolls
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those with Heavy Rain in their top 3 please go and play The Walking Dead telltale game right now if you haven't thank you :)
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mass Effect 2 (would also have ME1 but restricting myself to one game)
    Tomb Raider
    Dishonored

Honorable mentions: Final Fantasy XIII, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prebono wrote: »
    No particular order.

1. Limbo
    2. Portal
    3. Valkyria Chronicles

Honourable mentions: GTA IV, Little King's Story, Super Mario Galaxy, Bulletstorm, Machinarium, Skyrim, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody.

Plenty of stuff on the handhelds, as well: Dragon Quest IX, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Animal Crossing: Wild World...

Yay somebody else who likes Valkyria chronicles! What a game, completing it is my proudest gaming achievement. It took me nearly 2 years on and off because it was so hard and I kept giving up. When I finally finished it I was so proud but I didn't have anybody to tell because my friends had never heard of it!

By the way have you tried Journey? From your list it seems like a game you would like.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Dark Souls & Demons Souls are easily my top 2 games of recent years.

For a third choice I'd probably go with something like Valkyria Chronicles as well.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Ahem..some of you guys are cheating here, we'd all surely love to name more than 3 games but the fun of it is having to choose just 3. It's really not an easy thing to do but it makes for more enjoyable reading!
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Final Fantasy xiii
    2. Uncharted 2
    3. Tomb Raider
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On 360?

Battlefield Bad Company 2

COD4 MW

Skyrim

Mentions go to Far Cry 3 (so far), Gears2, BF 3 for Mulitplayer only.... and Forza 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Yay somebody else who likes Valkyria chronicles! What a game, completing it is my proudest gaming achievement. It took me nearly 2 years on and off because it was so hard and I kept giving up. When I finally finished it I was so proud but I didn't have anybody to tell because my friends had never heard of it!

By the way have you tried Journey? From your list it seems like a game you would like.

Shamefully, I've yet to play Journey past the demo. I keep toying with buying the Collector's Edition, and I don't want to waste money on the digital version beforehand. I should really just bite the bullet, though, before I'm exiled from Gamedom for my neglect.

Valkyria Chronicles can be tough in parts, and hugely frustrating. I think it's because the efficacy of whatever strategy you employ isn't immediately apparent. You can think that you're doing fine for three quarters of the match, only to find in the last leg that you've made some fundamental error. Back to the start...

Great game, though, and the difficulty makes victory all the more rewarding. I'd go back and play through it on the super hard difficulty mode if I wasn't so afraid of having a rage induced stroke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Hmmm so many good ones i'd want to put in third so a top two will have to do

1) Uncharted 2
    2) Uncharted 3

Actually i do have a full top three now that i think about it

Tied for the lead
    Uncharted 2 and Mass effect 2
    3) Uncharted 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Skyrim - It ate hundreds of hours and I can still put it on and find new things to do. Amazing game.

Heavy Rain - Maybe not a popular choice but I totally loved the experience of this game. It hooked me from the start and I couldn't put it down, like a great book or something. Really memorable game for me.

Mass Effect 2 - What can be said that hasn't been already. Freaking amazing.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warhawk
    Burnout Paradise
    Little Big Planet
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In no particular order

1. Portal 2 - The cake is a lie
    2. Skyrim - I took an arrow in the knee