Options

Whitney Houston’s daughter Found Unresponsive in Roswell home

Comments

• Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Apparently Bobby doesn't want to have the machines turned off because he has trust in God to sort things out.

I wouldn't trust any gods to sort my washing machine out never mind my life support machine.

Poor lass. What a total circus it's all turned out to be. Family fighting, partying, more fighting, did they didn't they, the media jumping in and plugging the gaps with more speculation, candlelit vigils and people standing around creating more drama by praying and making banners for total strangers with their mobile phones held aloft.

Sad reflection of the times imo.

But if she pulls through, great. If not, well may she find the peace that she may not have found in life.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So family want to switch off her life support tomorrow on same date as her mother died, is that so creepy and ghoul??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2946858/Bobbi-Kristina-s-fiance-claims-bruises-body-CPR-not-abuse-hundreds-gather-candlelit-prayer-vigil.html
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her grandmother Cissy. To lose a daughter is bad enough but to then lose a granddaughter so soon after is dreadful.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her aunt has apparently revealed that she has opened her eyes and is doing well even though she is still on life support. That's very surprising.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    So family want to switch off her life support tomorrow on same date as her mother died, is that so creepy and ghoul??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2946858/Bobbi-Kristina-s-fiance-claims-bruises-body-CPR-not-abuse-hundreds-gather-candlelit-prayer-vigil.html

I agree. A weird family. I would have kept her on the life support machine until I was convinced that her coming back wasn't going to happen. I think 10 days is very early to be doing this, if they do.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I agree. A weird family. I would have kept her on the life support machine until I was convinced that her coming back wasn't going to happen. I think 10 days is very early to be doing this, if they do.

There is no way the medical staff would allow a patient to be switched off prematurely just because it happened to be a particular day of the year.

I think the sad reality is the medical staff told them there is nothing that can be done a number of days ago and they've been holding on because they weren't ready to take the final step. However it appears they've been able to find some strength from the anniversary thing and that may allow them to do it.

Edit: Wrote all that and didn't realise that date was yesterday. So I guess they didn't go through with it. It's always very difficult to know the reality in these situations. For example the report from her aunt that she "opened her eyes". That may have just been eye movement she saw and she's taken a positive from that when in reality it may not have even been a conscious movement.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to latest reports, she is getting better...interview here with her Aunt.
    I hope this is true as I feel for her and the family, and

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/02/11/bobbi-kristina-browns-aunt-leolah-shes-improving-doing-well/23221847/

To be honest I would most likely believe a family member's update over the media but one thing i guess we all know is that our lovely media do like to embellish a story :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sincerely hope Bobbi Kristina really is improving.

There is something really rotten about the Brown family though. If she recovers, the poor kid should get and stay as far away from them as possible.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its good news that she has opened her eyes. i hope the poor girls isn't brain damaged that would be really sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    aw i hope she gets better soon..and hope she isn't brain damaged or anything, poor girl :(
  • Options
    Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not so good news today, don't think anything can be believed anymore

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bobbi-kristina-browns-organs-failing-5161820
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    not so good news today, don't think anything can be believed anymore

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bobbi-kristina-browns-organs-failing-5161820

I read that earlier. It is hard to believe anything anymore.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well 'I believe the children are our future' dosent have the same ring to it now does it?

Good heavens the irony of that statement. Whitney only had to cope with one child and couldn't even do that properly.

All these sanctified celebrities we have witnessed on our screens over the years - who behind closed doors have been - at best totally inadequate parents - or at worst monsters.

This little girl never stood a chance - and whilst I blame Whitney and Bobby Brown for her downfall - what were other relatives doing enabling them to care for her - knowing how addicted and dysfunctional they were. She was unsafe physically and emotionally and the whole extended family and entourage are to blame by allowing it to happen.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not actually Whitney's fault that her daughter was found in a serious state in a bath tub.

You know, what with her actually dying in 2012 n' all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    It's not actually Whitney's fault that her daughter was found in a serious state in a bath tub.

It didn't help that she was addicted to cocaine and other hard core drugs when she was alive and probably pregnant, bringing her daughter up in that environment and probably getting her daughter addicted to drugs for these reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The damage done to a child is life long and unfortunately doesn't disappear when a parent dies. Yes Bobbi has made her own choices too - but her fragility and possible addictive gene will make her whole life a struggle
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't help that she was addicted to cocaine and other hard core drugs when she was alive and probably pregnant, bringing her daughter up in that environment and probably getting her daughter addicted to drugs for these reasons.

That's absolute rubbish in all honesty.

Being bought up in whatever circumstances doesn't always define the person you become. I was bought up with an alcoholic, I'm not an alcoholic nor wayward or "damaged" in any way because of it, same goes for millions in the world.

I was actually saying that out of all the showbiz kids, Bobbi-Kristina was the only one who was genuinely quite grounded considering the stuff she must've seen in her life. Although I'm sure Bobbi-Kristina wasn't sheltered 100% from her mother's state, I do believe that Whitney had her daughter's best interests at heart and wasn't a bad mother at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Being bought up in whatever circumstances doesn't always define the person you become. I was bought up with an alcoholic, I'm not an alcoholic nor wayward or "damaged" in any way because of it, same goes for millions in the world.

I was actually saying that out of all the showbiz kids, Bobbi-Kristina was the only one who was genuinely quite grounded considering the stuff she must've seen in her life. Although I'm sure Bobbi-Kristina wasn't sheltered 100% from her mother's state, I do believe that Whitney had her daughter's best interests at heart and wasn't a bad mother at all.

It's not rubbish. It's been proven that children can become addicted to drugs if drugs were in their mothers system during pregnancy. A lot of babies have to be weaned off drugs when they are born because they have consequently become addicted in the womb.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    The damage done to a child is life long and unfortunately doesn't disappear when a parent dies. Yes Bobbi has made her own choices too - but her fragility and possible addictive gene will make her whole life a struggle

I quite agree.

Whitney and Bobby had masses of money but their parenting was totally dysfunctional; what hope did that poor girl have? Plenty of people are brought up in households rife with drink/drug abuse; I'll bet there aren't many who sat in the back of a limo with their parents whilst they openly smoked crack (if the former Bodyguard's story is true of course).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are very right - we are not defined by our childhood and make our own choices as an adult too. However adversity in childhood is all consuming and the individual has a rocky foundation to start off on. You are clearly a resilient person - there is a strength in you that means you will not follow the path of an alcoholic parent.

Many children and adults do not have this resilience and strength to beat their past. That does not make them weak individuals - it just means it has left them with nothing to fight with. We see it all the time in humans and if resilience could be marketed and given to people what a different world we'd live in.

I suspect - for one reason or another - Bobbi Kristina had none left.

With regards to her mother - of course she loved her and wanted the best for her. I have worked with many dysfunctional parents and every single one of them has loved their kids, every single one of them wanted a better life for their kids than they had had. However what is so tragic is their complete inability to make it happen for them and so often repeat the same cycle of damage. Again it depends on the resilience and strength of the parent to make it happen.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why they are keeping her alive, she has no chance of a recovery
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I wonder why they are keeping her alive, she has no chance of a recovery

Because her Druggie wife beating dad is a member of the god squad & believes that the almighty sky fairy will make his daughter pull through.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because her Druggie wife beating dad is a member of the god squad & believes that the almighty sky fairy will make his daughter pull through.

Yes and no. The seizures might actually be a 'positive' sign, apparently she has to have brain activity to have seizures, if there wasn't any she wouldn't have them.

Also if it gives her family comfort to think that they tried everything before giving up and they can afford it, its up to them to make these choices. I doubt she's much aware of what's going on.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Yes and no. The seizures might actually be a 'positive' sign, apparently she has to have brain activity to have seizures, if there wasn't any she wouldn't have them.

Also if it gives her family comfort to think that they tried everything before giving up and they can afford it, its up to them to make these choices. I doubt she's much aware of what's going on.

Desperately sad situation,I think its right they feel theyve tried everything but if this were to stretch on for 6-12 months with no significant sign of improvement then ethically I would start to doubt it.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if they've now switched the machine off? Someone told me that they had on 10th February, but now I see that isn't true, and on the internet, there's loads of conflicting stories, although I doubt they've turned it off yet, as it would have been on the news alot surely?