IMPORTANT - You will be charged £5 for BT Sport automatically.

123457»

Comments

• ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The way BT are though I wouldn't trust a word they say...seems to be a company that tells you one thing and does something else.

Is it fair to say BT are deceitful?
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ds_reader wrote: »
    Is it fair to say BT are deceitful?

I would say that is a bit harsh as it would imply they knew what they were going to do when they got people to renew BB contracts with free sport...I honestly don't think they did and the BT Sport Lite option was a way of making it seem like they still are.

I have no problem with them charging for it, but I do think they should have honoured those that signed up with the promise of free sport and let those customers keep the deal they signed up for which was BT Sport 1 & 2 as well as ESPN until the contract expired. If those customers then wanted BT Sport Europe then charge them £5pm.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Why? You knew that when you took the discount in the first place!

Discounts for contracts is how they all work these days. And you'd still be getting about 50% discount on the Sports just for having out of contract BT broadband.

I didn't take the discount, it was free when I ordered Infinity. They gave it away and now they have paid a fortune for the football rights they are trying to make it back.

I am still in my initial 18 month Infinity contract so it seems I won't be charged but there is no mention of that in the letter. Some people may be tricked into thinking they have to renew their broadband contract and that is underhand.

After reading the other replies in here I'm wondering when I reduced to Lite they renewed my contract, there was nothing I could see about canceling Lite. I emailed them saying I wanted to but didn't get the phone call in time.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else here like myself downgraded to BT lite but can still get all the channels they did before Aug 1st,.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Anyone else here like myself downgraded to BT lite but can still get all the channels they did before Aug 1st,.

When I cancelled the sport altogether it was supposed to happen more or less straight away, I ended up with it for a further 6 days, then it went off.

Hopefully you might be lucky and get to keep it, though I would check your account and make sure that you got downgraded.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a BT Fibre customer who took SD BT Sport via a Sky Box,I would not pay the additional fee introduced last year for the HD option
    I expected to pay £5 per month for BT sports in SD this year

I just checked my account online to find they have applied the £4 pm extra HD
    charge to my account for this season,I did NOT have it last year,I do NOT want it this year so I have cancelled the HD option,even though I never asked for it !.

I never asked for the HD options,BT seem to think I changed my mind from
    last season,so added the HD option for me

I have rung to cancel the HD option and requested a refund for the HD charge that appeared on this months bill

I call that underhand,so guys check your bills
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 2 Sky HD boxes (Multiroom) but no BT internet and my son has been badgering me to get BT Sport for weeks not the Champions League is on there.

I seem to remember the HD package was £15 pm so I went on their website to sign up and nearly dropped my laptop when I saw the current prices...

£15 activation fee (Not happy but I could have swallowed that). £19.99 per month with one month free. (A bit disappointed but OK you expect a price rise for the Champions League)

It was then when I went further into it that shocked me. £The £19.99 is for the first month only (presumably after the free month)then £23.99 a month. Then I notice that is just for ONE SKY BOX ONLY. It would be £5 extra for a second box.

So once it all kicks in I would be paying a total of £82.50 for full Sky Multiroom package and £28.99 for BT Sport HD Multiroom. £111.49 a month.

I'll pass.
  • warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to the A516digital website where there is an item and a link to an Ofcom ruling on this BT £5 charge and what you can do about it.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Sport has no place in Ireland as its part of the 'setanta pack on satellite' through sky
    But its separate from Sky.
    I got the annual package for 225euros and I got someone in work to be my multi-room for 25euros also for a whole year.
    We split the cost as he gives me 125euros or over 10euros per month.
    Its decent value.
  • missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    BT Sport has no place in Ireland as its part of the 'setanta pack on satellite' through sky
    But its separate from Sky.
    I got the annual package for 225euros and I got someone in work to be my multi-room for 25euros also for a whole year.
    We split the cost as he gives me 125euros or over 10euros per month.
    Its decent value.

you do the same as me . as I have BT and give my login to my brother, and I have his login for Sky we never miss a game. smile happy we are ££s in not breaking the law and everyone could do the same with a friend or family. Don't get made get even and save even more than the discount price of both Sky & BT
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ofcom Statement on BTSport Pricing

Ofcom has subsequently spoken to BT and it has confirmed that:

• Customers will have up to four weeks after they receive their first bill that includes the new £5 monthly charge to complain to BT (this includes customers that are billed quarterly); and

• Any customer who does complain will be offered a ‘no quibble’ refund of any charges paid; and the opportunity to downgrade to BT Sport Lite or cancel their BT Sport service.

BT also told us that as part of a planned review of its terms and conditions it is reviewing its BT Sport contract, including with a view to amending its terms to more clearly set out the circumstances in which it may change the BT Sport service and price.

BT has also set up a dedicated webpage to deal with complaints about this issue and customers who have concerns relating to BT Sport are advised to contact BT.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/08/ofcom-intervenes-to-tackle-bts-unwanted-gbp5-sport-pack-upgrade.html

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/blank/a_id/53696/?s_cid=con_FURL_btsportreferral
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ofcom should have directed BT to refund all customers subjected to passive upgrade and ACTIVELY upgrade, to incur additional charges.

BT should be made to pay for such poor customer service.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Wish I hadn't downgraded to Lite. I could have got a free month of all the channels :(

I did and I can still see all the channels, I have checked and yes, I have been downgraded
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    I did and I can still see all the channels, I have checked and yes, I have been downgraded

Strangely I lost everything except BTS1, but a few days ago I got BT ESPN back. No BTS2 though :confused:
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Strangely I lost everything except BTS1, but a few days ago I got BT ESPN back. No BTS2 though :confused:

This morning I had BT Sport 1 HD but not BT Sport 1 or any other channel. I think their entitlements tiers are a bit messed up.
  • Jingle_JamesJingle_James Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    BT told me I would get all the channels free for this year when I renewed my nans contract (I'm on Sky) and no point was I told it would be the 'lite' version until all my channels, bar BT1 were turned off. Since then, i've been in fisty cuffs with them.