Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    You do?

The bedroom is upstairs, only the birds can see in.:D

It's a B&Q setup, fantastic.
    They are the lovely type with the big built in rings that go over the round 22mm pole that comes with slits in for the bends of the Bay Windows.
    It's got a big double glazed glass section for the center with the smaller opening windows at the sides.

Do you have curtain ties? For me a difference between living with a woman and not is the presence or lack of curtain ties in the house. Oh, and potpourri.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rabble hoover, the middles vacuum and the poshest get their maids to do the dysoning:D
    :mad::mad:
    Excuse me! I am not rabble! I'm not pretentious either. :p:D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I hoover (rarely)
    It is actually a proper word.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hoover

You can see into bedrooms with binoculars quite easily you know. I hope you dont live anywhere near Bidston Hill. :eek:
    and i suppose you dont have window cleaners? or telegraph poles that might need attention and that you have a no fly zone over your house?
    It's a trademark but most of the country oldies use the word, the young ones don't seem to clean up anyway.:D

If they can see in i'm not that bothered, don't like the oom dark anyway.
    In fact it's quite light at night, we have a street lamp outside, plus my drive posts have lights in them on at night, automatic, with other lights that come on if anyone passes on the pavement or in the front.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Do you have curtain ties? For me a difference between living with a woman and not is the presence or lack of curtain ties in the house. Oh, and potpourri.

hiya DL :)...a definite lack of curtain ties here , and potpourri ...does incense count ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I have made a tray of bacon-wrapped eggs, some curry , savoury rice, and a double batch of LC rolls. I have also scrubbed the main balcony and kitchen floor and vacuumed throughout so I am now going to sit outside in the sunand do sod-all for the rest of the day....:p

Lordy, you're a veritable cross between Delia Smith and Kim Woodburn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing like generalising is there? :rolleyes:
    I don't (& never have had) any desire to own curtain tie backs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trademark but most of the country oldies use the word, the young ones don't seem to clean up anyway.:D

In fact it's quite light at night, we have a street lamp outside, plus my drive posts have lights in them on at night, automatic, with other lights that come on if anyone passes on the pavement or in the front.
    And yet again........Nothing like generalising is there? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    hiya DL :)...a definite lack of curtain ties here , and potpourri ...does incense count ?

If it's fresh, why not. I've got some lavender incense cones on the mantelpiece, in an incense burner--which I never burn. Gives a nice whiff as you pass by. If I've got visitors coming, my trick is to spray Mr Sheen around the place, one of my favourite smells--very rare I actually shine any furniture with it, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We don't have Curtain Ties, or we don't use them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it's fresh, why not. I've got some lavender incense cones on the mantelpiece, in an incense burner--which I never burn. Gives a nice whiff as you pass by. If I've got visitors coming, my trick is to spray Mr Sheen around the place, one of my favourite smells--very rare I actually shine any furniture with it, though.

We used to clean our vinyl albums with Mr. Sheen :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm glad to hear it. No need for them.

I don't know if it's the same where you live, but I've noticed something up north that you don't see down south--people leaving their curtains open at night to show off their living rooms--lead latticing a big thing too. You see it every three houses in the better-to-do parts of Wigan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We used to wipe them on our jeans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Nothing like generalising is there? :rolleyes:
    I don't (& never have had) any desire to own curtain tie backs.

Not generalising. Which is why I started with "for me".
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bet Barry didnt like that :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good news , im getting a lift to Aldi :)...Bad news im going to miss a big chunk of Everton v Sunderland in order to do it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to hear it. No need for them.

I don't know if it's the same where you live, but I've noticed something up north that you don't see down south--people leaving their curtains open at night to show off their living rooms--lead latticing a big thing too. You see it every three houses in the better-to-do parts of Wigan.
    I think some keep the curtains shut for privacy.

But when things are shut it makes some wonder why?

Weather not as good as i thought, checked forecast.
    9C, Wind 7, Hum 78%, Precip 95%.:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bet Barry didnt like that :eek::D

He didnt, he told us he didnt . We just said " On yer bike " :o
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didnt, he told us he didnt . We just said " On yer bike " :o

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying both the Kevin Bridges and Sara Millican comedy series at the moment. Yes, they're a bit filthy, but I like to watch a portion of easygoing comedy when I'm tired, and I've picked these off iPlayer. Usually over a series the material gets very thin, but Sara is turning out a consistent standard of good standup between guests. Beats the likes of Frank Skinner, whose comedy is getting slower and twee-er as he ages. Millican gets a lot of stick for being on everything, but she's good value, for me. I don't blame her for seizing the moment when she's in demand. It never lasts--Jason Manford looks like he's already past his peak of ubiquity.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Now!, you're not going to believe this.

I've just found out the the Tyres i took off to put the Winter (M&S) ones on, were already (M&S).:eek:

I took 4 off and changed them.:D

Mind you i thought they needed renewing but my lad said there was another year in them.
    The garage must have put them on when i bought the car.

Cheered me up no end, still chuckling now!
    http://ukfb-forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?102-How-to-find-your-Facebook-Profile-UID-number

go to your FB home page and click on your profile pic.

Then look at address bar - URL

should be like this

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4***********5

Its just the first 12 or so letters after id not the &set etc that may show
    &set=a.434282973591.219083.638248591&type=1&theater

Am I friends with you If so I can tell you it

Balders, thanks so much for this. Zynga have published a link to use for complaints about games not loading etc but the link, clasically, doesn't work and when it does you need the UID number - instructions for which are in a link which also doesn't work!! So frustrating.

Islay1 wrote: »
    Thought i was being very clever last night and decided to make a tomato salsa. Couldn't see any corriander in the garden as it was getting a bit dark but saw some flat leafed parsley instead and used that. When OH came home i told him how clever i was in my culinery skills only for him to tell me he didn't have any flat leaf parsley and instead i had cut the tops off the seedling plants that he has been trying to grow for ages! :eek::eek::D

Easily done, did you eat the leaves??!
    'Munkerty Tunkerty' which was my red hot tip was withdrawn and not raced today.

That is the last time I expect any benefit to come from Big Brother.....:mad::mad::mad:

You of all people should know that Bella:rolleyes:

Im missing my mess. Ive had to start another one. My hoovers kn*ckered , im going to have to buy a new one :( ( online ...I couldnt stand to go in a shop for a hoover I would honestly think I was going mad :o:( )
    I wouldn't even wear them if I was paid! :eek:

Heehee :D

The ordinary public are unimportant, it's all for bloody show! :rolleyes:

Could always flog the officials & the volunteers before the farce starts. Nothing like a public flogging. :D:D

I don't think they're aimed at people like us! Young people who are always up for fun will probably have a wonderful time and not mind being unpaid slaves - for them it's the experience that matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Cheered me up no end, still chuckling now!

Balders, thanks so much for this. Zynga have published a link to use for complaints about games not loading etc but the link, clasically, doesn't work and when it does you need the UID number - instructions for which are in a link which also doesn't work!! So frustrating.

Easily done, did you eat the leaves??!

You of all people should know that Bella:rolleyes:

I don't think they're aimed at people like us! Young people who are always up for fun will probably have a wonderful time and not mind being unpaid slaves - for them it's the experience that matters

If those pictures are anything to go by it's older people who seem to be 'up' for it!
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I have ties on a couple of curtains. I dont actually use them. I have yet to find pot pourri that doesn't stink, not that i'm looking.

So the street lamp could have some poor unsuspecting young boy climb up to fix it and be warped forever by the sight of your bare bum.
    Have i misunderstood or did you just say you fixed you lights to give a peep show for passers by?
    Yep, its joss stick city here too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I have curtain ties, but NO pot pourri!

I live with a man:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I have curtain ties, but NO pot pourri!

I live with a man:p

So was that a compromise agreement?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If those pictures are anything to go by it's older people who seem to be 'up' for it!

Well they're older people who're entering their second childhood then! I don't imagine many 'in the middle' people being up for it from any standpoint - hours, nature of work, costume etc.
This discussion has been closed.