Options

Lynda Bellingham

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The misleading Daily Mail headline makes it sound as if she's going to Dignitas.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible news :(
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So so sad , Lynda is quite possibly the nicest person on TV , her family must be devastated I hope the press and trash magazines leave her alone, :(
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    The misleading Daily Mail headline makes it sound as if she's going to Dignitas.

Daily Fail? Misleading? When?

Yes it does sound like she's popping off to a clinic to do it from their headline.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say when I opened the internet and saw that link I thought it would be about a new show or Loose Women or something when i saw the story I can honestly say my stomach felt that sad drop .

Lynda has always come across as genuine , feisty and a fighter so I am sure she is right with her decisions only she knows when the time is right, but how very sad for her and her family, I do hope she nets a wonderful last Chrsitmas with her nearest and dearest and that what time she does have left is as pain free as humanly possible.

Very sad indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It's so very sad. I don't really know what else to say other than my thoughts are with her and her family.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has a 49 year old daughter also battling colon cancer, my heart goes out to Lynda. I fully understand why she wants to stop the treatment - it is horrendous. I wish Lynda all the best xx
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad to hear this about Lynda, she's someone I've always liked. Can't really say anything else :(
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    As someone who has a 49 year old daughter also battling colon cancer, my heart goes out to Lynda. I fully understand why she wants to stop the treatment - it is horrendous. I wish Lynda all the best xx
    I wish you and your daughter all the best too.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I wish you and your daughter all the best too.

Thank you - we just have to keep positive xx
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member

Very sad to read about your daughter. How dreadful to have to watch your child suffer. Having battled colon problems for the last six years, I know that it affects every part of your life and it is so hard to keep positive. I hope you are getting the support and treatment you need from the NHS!! We have had so many neg stories in the media over the last few months.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terribly sad. She is very brave for writing so candidly about what is happening to her. It must be comforting for her to have so many people wishing her well and sending their love.

All the very best Lynda, even though I dread some parts of Christmas I will think of her this year which will remind me to and enjoy and cherish every healthy day I have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you - we just have to keep positive xx
    Yes, same here. Easier some days than others, as I'm sure you're experiencing. Here's hoping we can keep strong!
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    Very sad to read about Lynda but I'm happy in a way that she has decided how she wants to go. She always came across as quite a feisty person so I'm glad to see she's approaching her illness and the end of her life in the same way.

Having watched my dad die from cancer (pancreatic in the case of my dad), I'm very strongly pro people being able to decide their own fate when the time comes and making decisions to stop treatment if ultimately it isn't going to improve their quality of life.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Sad news about Linda I hope she gets to get her one last Christmas
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaks my heart reading her say how her body is starting to rot and that is when she knows she has to decide to end it.

I agree, that was the point when I got a lump in my throat.

Very sad news indeed.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct. My daughter is currently battling bowel cancer and is having chemo (the tumour has been removed) and she was told not to colour her hair.
    I have a daughter and can only imagine what you are going through my thoughts and best wishes to you both xxxxx
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a difficult one. As I've said, my partner is undergoing chemo at the moment and we really appreciate and are encouraged by the consultant's positivity at the moment. But, as you say, she may just have not wanted anyone to know her actual prognosis, having to deal with the press.
    So sorry to hear your partner is under going chemo my thoughts and prayers are with you both xxxxx
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

I wondered about that too .I saw a glimpse of a paper y'day and it said she will stop treatment , take the morphine and go to sleep . I thought it happened that way only at places like that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie50 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear your partner is under going chemo my thoughts and prayers are with you both xxxxx
    Thank you, Rosie! We're only a third of the way in and there's another scan after the next lot which will be a bit scary (but could be good, too). Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I lost my mum to this evil illness 2 years ago and it still hurts now.

I wish Lynda peace and love in her final months.

Same here but my mum died in 2008.

I was also sad to hear about this, but I think what she's doing is for the best.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    So so sad , Lynda is quite possibly the nicest person on TV , her family must be devastated I hope the press and trash magazines leave her alone, :(

I agree, i remember her from my time at LWT ,very friendly and chatty, bad things always seem to happen to the nicest people.:cry:
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, Rosie! We're only a third of the way in and there's another scan after the next lot which will be a bit scary (but could be good, too). Thanks for the kind words. :)

Hi Kim :)

I know we haven't 'spoken' in years. But I just want to say I'm thinking of you and your partner.
    God bless to you both.

I also want to say that I think Lynda has such an amazing outlook.
    She is a truly inspirational human being.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charlie1 wrote: »
    Hi Kim :)

I know we haven't 'spoken' in years. But I just want to say I'm thinking of you and your partner.
    God bless to you both.

I also want to say that I think Lynda has such an amazing outlook.
    She is a truly inspirational human being.

That she is.

I sometimes think if this great nation of ours could identify with another and in so doing, call her mum. Then, to my mind, there is no one more fitting than Lynda Bellingham to assume this ideal.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if someone can point Lynda to this thread- not that she won't already be overwhelmed with messages of support and love.

I commented in the DM remarks that in her article she almost seems disappointed in herself in not developing herself more as an actress and seems to talk down what she has achieved. I think she should take a step back from that and look at just how much ground she has covered, throughout her career. Much more than many others achieve. The OXO ads were iconic, sitcom roles popular and she even proved herself to be a very formidable baddie in 'The Bill' (freaked me out, anyway). That's before we even get to films and other stuff. Then there's her role as a panellist on LW where she was more often than not the voice of reason as well as being able to mug it up. There were also the theatre tours, voiceovers, etc...right up to her series where she toured the country making meals. This against a backdrop of often very difficult personal circumstances and without even considering her role as a fantastic mother. A very accomplished individual indeed.

Just in case- with much love and appreciation to you, Lynda (Bellers).

I know she's not one for excessive fuss but I really would love to give her a big hug right now. She's just a bit younger than my mum who has been very ill for the last few years and I can imagine how sad her sons and Mr. Spain (Michael) feel at the prospect of losing her.

Other people have said the rest. xxx

ETA: kimindex- meant to respond to your earlier disclosure about what your OH is going through. Good luck to you both and keep us posted. Same to jeanoj and your daughter xx