Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    BGT is on tonight

A funny quote - what does Cowell like about her: she will sit with him and watch episodes of BGT and she's got a 'good opinion' on it.

:confused: I laughed at that reply - it makes her sound like an employee :p

She IS an employee

Professional beard
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone noticed how over the years Cowell based shows, during their runs get plugged EARLIER on (in terms of pages) than other rival shows such as The Voice or Strictly??

For example X-Factor stories will make the front covers, or the early pages (page 3, 4 5) but Strictly is regularly shunted towards the middle of the papers (page15 or 20 etc).
    THis has been happening week in week out for YEARS, even when Strictly has been doing better than its rival.
    SURELY not a co-incidence??
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Anyone noticed how over the years Cowell based shows, during their runs get plugged EARLIER on (in terms of pages) than other rival shows such as The Voice or Strictly??

For example X-Factor stories will make the front covers, or the early pages (page 3, 4 5) but Strictly is regularly shunted towards the middle of the papers (page15 or 20 etc).
    THis has been happening week in week out for YEARS, even when Strictly has been doing better than its rival.

Yes, I've noticed. However I think the BBC have played a blinder this year, it was all about Simon and Cheryl coming back to the X Factor and then Brucie announces his retirement and it's front page of every paper. Now we will have the inevitable speculation about who his replacement will be and they will string it out till the last minute, I think they already know who they want but they'll drag it out as long as possible to keep everyone guessing.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've noticed. However I think the BBC have played a blinder this year, it was all about Simon and Cheryl coming back to the X Factor and then Brucie announces his retirement and it's front page of every paper. Now we will have the inevitable speculation about who his replacement will be and they will string it out till the last minute, I think they already know who they want but they'll drag it out as long as possible to keep everyone guessing.

Re: Strictly - I think there's also a lot of interest in who the celebrities will be now-a-days too.

I watch both XF and Strictly. I think XF goes over the top re: its press though - especially when it comes to the signing of the judges; in particular the big names that are thrown out there as possible judges and then it doesn't happen :p I think people can lose interest in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: Strictly - I think there's also a lot of interest in who the celebrities will be now-a-days too.

I watch both XF and Strictly. I think XF goes over the top re: its press though - especially when it comes to the signing of the judges; in particular the big names that are thrown out there as possible judges and then it doesn't happen :p I think people can lose interest in the end.

I agree. Rihanna was the most recent rumour, but she's never, ever going to be an X. Factor judge. She's too famous and at the peak of her career. I sometimes can't understand why the press buy Simon's guff?

The problem with the Syco shows is that they think they are far more important that they actually are, probably reflecting Simon's own arrogance. The X Factor acts like its a matter of life and death but when all is said and done it's just a television entertainment show, Strictly has never taken itself too seriously and makes no bones about the fact that it's just a bit of cheese. That's why I prefer it.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

I hate to labour the same old point I bang on abooot all the time but it really is because Simon has that much influence with the media and TV.

Strictly doesn't need to sell itself the same because it isn't living its entire life as a year-round comic opera/public pantomime.

I can always hear 'Another Brick In The Wall' every time SC's shows/face, appear on TV. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I hate to labour the same old point I bang on abooot all the time but it really is because Simon has that much influence with the media and TV.

Strictly doesn't need to sell itself the same because it isn't living its entire life as a year-round comic opera/public pantomime.

I can always hear 'Another Brick In The Wall' every time SC's shows/face, appear on TV. :(

I wonder what will happen if Max Clifford is found guilty and sent down? We all know he's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, making sure that Simon is always shown in a positive light. This is why Simon keeps him so close and buys him expensive gifts like Rolex's for his birthday.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Simon is a right wing tory and gives to the tory party I think. The Sun and DM are also right wing rags that support the tories.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like todays pictures of him at the supermarket.

It's basically pics of him wandering around with an empty trolley. It's gripping stuff :p:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2604202/Domestic-god-Now-new-father-Simon-Cowell-takes-wheel-shopping-trolley-solo-supermarket-trip.html
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like todays pictures of him at the supermarket.

It's basically pics of him wandering around with an empty trolley. It's gripping stuff :p:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2604202/Domestic-god-Now-new-father-Simon-Cowell-takes-wheel-shopping-trolley-solo-supermarket-trip.html

The DM obviously think 'Because he's worth it':D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what will happen if Max Clifford is found guilty and sent down? We all know he's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, making sure that Simon is always shown in a positive light. This is why Simon keeps him so close and buys him expensive gifts like Rolex's for his birthday.

I'd be surprised if Maxxy goes down. For all that I dislike his field of PR work, and that he has openly admitted to being an absolute rat with -consenting adult women- and cheating on Mrs Clifford back when (which he's not on trial for), the case against him for 'underage sex' seems thus far nothing that his defense hasn't been able to adequately rebuff.

I stopped watching after it became apparent one of the witnesses had allegedly inflated her account with the backing of a partner. I'd be surprised it it doesn't fall to pieces and he's cleared of all charges.

I wonder if he's been able to keep working throughout or had a B Squad of staffers beaving away whilst his case is front and centre?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    This article really tickled me, so badly written it's hilarious.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2608467/Lifes-drag-Simon-Cowell-Lauren-Silverman-spotted-smoking-cigarettes-whilst-taking-spin-Jaguar-convertible.html

But it seems that the loved up pair are reverting to dating like teenagers, as they were spotted driving in Simon's topless convertible puffing on cheeky cigarettes in LA on Friday.
    Simon, 54, and Lauren, 36, looked like they were enjoying their mischievous smoke, as Simon was spotted smiling and holding his cigarette in place with his lips as he took control of the wheel.

what utter guff:D
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand why the DM are so obsessed with a woman's 'post-baby' body. Their articles about Silverman are odd.

Their obsession with pregnancy is creepy as hell full stop, from start to finish. From "bump watch" to feeling that they have the right to do a running commentary on the new mum every time she leaves the house just waiting for the chance to criticise her, it's all the most sinister thing ever. Poor Mila Kunis is their latest target, run away lady!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2608467/Lifes-drag-Simon-Cowell-Lauren-Silverman-spotted-smoking-cigarettes-whilst-taking-spin-Jaguar-convertible.html

But it seems that the loved up pair are reverting to dating like teenagers, as they were spotted driving in Simon's topless convertible puffing on cheeky cigarettes in LA on Friday.
    Simon, 54, and Lauren, 36, looked like they were enjoying their mischievous smoke, as Simon was spotted smiling and holding his cigarette in place with his lips as he took control of the wheel.

People are paid to write this!!! Do I laugh or cry? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [Lauren's] 'an elegant smoker'
    Simon 'weaved through traffic expertly'
    [Simon] flexed his muscly biceps'
    [they]looked like they were re-enacting a scene from Grease'
    'smoking hot'
    'other cars seemed to stand aside as the King of Jaguars cruised down the boulevard'

... seriously?
    Seriously?!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    People are paid to write this!!! Do I laugh or cry? :D

I know, it's amazing really, unless it was some unpaid intern that cobbled the piece together but I don't think the DM would let them loose on a King Cowell story. Friggin hilarious, top quality journalsim:D
    And I'm sure the Mail are always knocking smokers, seems like they think Simon makes it look cool.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »

:D:D "...holding his cigarette in place with his lips..." :D:D
    :D:D:D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They act like they have never seen a father hold their child, it's as if Simon is the only person in the world to do these things. The 'fan girling' over him is pathetic, the same goes for Kate and Will.. have they never seen parents looking after their child.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Simon and Whateverhernameis sure don't like the private life, do they
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lung Cancer.. Not too much to ask is it?

Didn't he say he'd ditch the **** (cigarette kind) after "Eric"?
    He always seem to be clutching them for dear life, in the "white shirt & heel hiding long jeans" pics, but you NEVER see them in the staged "lifejacket Jetski Simon" pics rammed down our throats every single year

Time this "****" finally came out and ditched the pantomine "harem"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    They act like they have never seen a father hold their child, it's as if Simon is the only person in the world to do these things. The 'fan girling' over him is pathetic, the same goes for Kate and Will.. have they never seen parents looking after their child.

I agree. Almost every article in the Mail is so ridiculously written, it astounds me that even one person takes the rag seriously. How does it manage to be the second best selling newspaper in the country when it's so badly cobbled together? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pics today of them going to that restaurant in LA; can't remember it's name - I believe celebs go there to get photographed :blush:

Sometimes when I see their pics, it's looks like the two of them are thinking... 'quick, smile and hold my hand - the paps are here' :p
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    :D:D "...holding his cigarette in place with his lips..." :D:D
    :D:D:D

They desperately need a photo of him holding it with something else now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cigs are always 'cheeky' with that dratted rag of a rag.

"cheeky cigarettes in LA on Friday"

Get stuffed, DM. I'm sure some east end wideboy writes all this plonk. Actually it's probably some Oxbridge-educated type smirking as s/he pens yet another batch of poop for the British public to 'digest'.:P

PS: Given the DM's love of health matters, it's (un)surprising they've not written the following article:

"Simon and Lauren blow 89 carcinogens at their baby son in a closed room filled with smokers'.

It'll never happen will it. Too much at stake.