Options

Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »

Well, I'm not going to cry over paying £4 quid more to CDKeys last week for it... it's a lesson in patience, though :D
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah mine was going to run out in November. I was hoping tat ms were going to do a E3 for £25 or something. I do miss cd keys and there £20 deals.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    Yeah mine was going to run out in November. I was hoping tat ms were going to do a E3 for £25 or something. I do miss cd keys and there £20 deals.
    Me too but I'm still holding out in hope they will do that deal again.

It's worth looking at your renewal options. My XBL ran out last month but for some reason it offered me a free month.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    The original Forza Horizon as well as all of it's DLC will be removed from sale on the Xbox store on October 20th.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I can't get my controller to sync. It just keeps flashing. I got it to work plugged into the USB but as soon as I unplug, it starts flashing again. It's brand new, just set it up half hour ago
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I can't get my controller to sync. It just keeps flashing. I got it to work plugged into the USB but as soon as I unplug, it starts flashing again. It's brand new, just set it up half hour ago

There's a sync button on the console and one on the front of the controller.
    Hold them both down and when the Xbox button flashes quickly release them and a couple of seconds later it will stop and stay solid.
    This is from memory.

I've had 2 new controllers since and never had to sync them. I just plugged them in to the play & charge cable and they worked even when unplugged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a sync button on the console and one on the front of the controller.
    Hold them both down and when the Xbox button flashes quickly release them and a couple of seconds later it will stop and stay solid.
    This is from memory.

I've had 2 new controllers since and never had to sync them. I just plugged them in to the play & charge cable and they worked even when unplugged.

Done that and it's not syncing. Also, it says my TV doesn't support HDR 10 for gaming or films when it does.

Not having a good start! Think I'll do a full reset & start over. If still doesn't work, it'll be getting sent back tomorrow morning.

Edit: it's just popped up saying controller needs an update so hopefully that'll fix it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done that and it's not syncing. Also, it says my TV doesn't support HDR 10 for gaming or films when it does.

Not having a good start! Think I'll do a full reset & start over. If still doesn't work, it'll be getting sent back tomorrow morning.

Edit: it's just popped up saying controller needs an update so hopefully that'll fix it.

If it doesn't work after the update, do a power cycle (hold power button for 10 secs, unplug console, wait 30 secs and power back up) and then try resyncing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update fixed it 👍🏻 Going to have to play around to see why it says bit doesn't support HDR10 though. Just installing Forza 3 to play when wife goes to bed.

I had some credit on my old account so bought a couple of games. How can I play them on my new account?
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Update fixed it 👍🏻 Going to have to play around to see why it says bit doesn't support HDR10 though. Just installing Forza 3 to play when wife goes to bed.

I had some credit on my old account so bought a couple of games. How can I play them on my new account?

Have you downloaded the latest firmware for the TV yet as I think this feature was only recently added.

As for the second question I would speak to Microsoft they might be able to merge the two accounts into one for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got HDR working now. I had to enable full UHD colour for the input.

I thought I'd be able to sign in with another account like PS4 to download and play the games on my account? Bought Ori and the original Black Ops.

One last question. Will BF1 be available on EA access or will it be like Titanfall 2? If so, I'll save my month's free EA access til then
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    One last question. Will BF1 be available on EA access or will it be like Titanfall 2? If so, I'll save my month's free EA access til then
    It will be on EA Access but initially not all of the game will be playable.
    https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-play-first-trial-details
    EA Access* and Origin Access* members can deploy on October 13 when the Play First Trial for Battlefield 1 releases, giving members ten hours of game time at the dawn of all-out war.

Five maps and four modes will be available, including St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez in the Conquest, Rush, Operations, and Domination modes. There’s also a taste of the singleplayer campaign, with the missions Storm of Steel and Through Mud and Blood. Your progress carries over, too, if you decide to buy the full game after your Play First Trial ends.

After the release of the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition (October 18th), the rest of the maps and modes will open up (unless you’ve used all of your play time, that is).
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about time finally will be able to listen to a bitstream HD soundtrack off a blu ray now with the amp doing the decoding
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is the XB1 OS already clunky as heck? Mine has some serious slow down at times, dunno if its a preview program issue, though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the XB1 OS already clunky as heck? Mine has some serious slow down at times, dunno if its a preview program issue, though...

I would think about carrying out a factory reset of the console if I were you. Don't forget you can now carry out a factory reset without deleting the games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I would think about carrying out a factory reset of the console if I were you. Don't forget you can now carry out a factory reset without deleting the games.

Really? I've never had to do that with a console ever... Pretty much all my games are on an external drive so I guess that might help. I'll look into it, ta.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ran into a bit of an oddity.
    I was playing Forza Horizon 3 and decided to switch games to play Skyrim instead.
    I ejected the disc only to find the Skyrim disc was already in there.

It seems I am able to play Horizon 3 off the HDD?
    I definitely haven't downloaded it and I can't play any other game the same way. (thought it was a hidden gem in the last update for a moment)

Anyone else experienced something like this?
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing Forza Horizon 3 and decided to switch games to play Skyrim instead.

I definitely haven't downloaded it and I can't play any other game the same way. (thought it was a hidden gem in the last update for a moment)

Downloaded mine so can't confirm.

The temptation to sell the disc would raise its ugly head, although the consequences could be sever if they patch the glitch. Be interesting to see if anybody is the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I wouldn't put it past being a free play weekend due to Thanksgiving but it has not yet officially been announced by MS.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 months live membership for £24.99 Amazon and Game(if the site works)Some folks are getting an extra £2.50 taken off their orders from Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew, that's only £2 quid less than I paid for it back in June :D
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy I haven't got to renew now until July 2018 :)
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought The Evil Within for £4.95, not game I was interested in but for that price it's worth a shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Bought The Evil Within for £4.95, not game I was interested in but for that price it's worth a shot.

I'd missed that, is on on the store?