Re-watching BB13

HBICHBIC Posts: 180
Forum Member
I've decided to re-watch my favourite C5 series, BB13. I don't really remember much of it given it aired four years ago, but I'm looking forwards to revisiting it as I think it's quite an overlooked and underrated series imo.

Comments

• HBICHBIC Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Launch Night Rankings:

1. Caroline
    2. Shievonne
    3. Lauren
    4. Deana
    5. Scott
    6. Lydia
    7. Victoria
    8. Benedict
    9. Sara
    10. Adam
    11. Ashleigh
    12. Luke A
    13. Luke S
    14. Chris
    15. Arron
    16. Conor
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Are you on TibB?
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB13 is by far my favourite civilian series from the Channel 5 era. I was consdering giving up on Big Brother altogether after hating BB11 and switching off BB12 early on, but I was hooked on BB13. It's one of the few series where I actually did support one 'side' of the house more than the other. Every series seems to get spun into some kind of "goodies vs. baddies" thing regardless of whether it fits, but BB13 was one of the few it did fit. I was very much supporting the Outsiders, and Deana is to date the last time I have been in touch with the "internet favourite". But having said that, generally I did appreciate what most of the Insiders bought to the series as well, and I really liked the housemates which didn't quite fit into either group too, like Sara and Scott.

There were a few bad production choices in there I suppose (eviction after just four days, allowing them to discuss nominations, and the least said about the White Room the better), but on the whole I thought it was a good series.
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBIC wrote: »
    I've decided to re-watch my favourite C5 series, BB13. I don't really remember much of it given it aired four years ago, but I'm looking forwards to revisiting it as I think it's quite an overlooked and underrated series imo.

This is the only series I am unable to find the full episodes for - which is a shame to me as I was a big fan of Deana.

Would you be kind enough to advise me of where to find it ?

It will be much appreciated.
    Forum Member
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    This is the only series I am unable to find the full episodes for - which is a shame to me as I was a big fan of Deana.

Would you be kind enough to advise me of where to find it ?

It will be much appreciated.

Sure. I will Private Message you. :)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    13 is so good on rewatch. Maybe because we have suffered 15 and 16 since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure. I will Private Message you. :)

Thank you very much - I will look for forward to it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much - I will look for forward to it. :)

Have just received it - and many thanks again - very kind of you

I have replied via the Private Message so hope you get it OK.

Let me know if not because it is not clear if it went or not :confused: !
  • Watch BB on 5Watch BB on 5 Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    chiiiiiicken nug nugs x
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chiiiiiicken nug nugs x

I dunno who Hitler is and I don't care :p
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    I think the way that Channel 5 is going it wouldn`t surprise me if a lot of us started to go back on the older ones.
    Not looking forward to this years BB I am sorry to say.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Launch Night Rankings:

1. Caroline
    2. Shievonne
    3. Lauren
    4. Deana
    5. Scott
    6. Lydia
    7. Victoria
    8. Benedict
    9. Sara
    10. Adam
    11. Ashleigh
    12. Luke A
    13. Luke S
    14. Chris
    15. Arron
    16. Conor

It wasn't until I read this list that I could remember who won BB13
    Forum Member
    I'm on Week 2 now.

Chris is annoying me with his passive-aggressiveness towards Luke S for no reason. He's had a problem with him since Day 1 for no apparent reason and it all came out during the argument over the food.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Graceland wrote: »
    I think the way that Channel 5 is going it wouldn`t surprise me if a lot of us started to go back on the older ones.
    Not looking forward to this years BB I am sorry to say.

I don't think many of us are, not with the rumour about it being a mix of civilian and celeb HMs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It wasn't until I read this list that I could remember who won BB13

I could I am sad to say.

And I know who it should have been imo
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Deana, whats she up to now.
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »

She's starring in movies now. She's doing quite well for herself which is great to hear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's starring in movies now. She's doing quite well for herself which is great to hear.

She was quite successful before she went in to the house and has continued since - she is a level headed young lady ( see Venus Special which was recorded about one year after she left the house ).

I should love to see her back on TV - such as CBB but doubt that she would do it after the way she was treated both in the house and by the producers.
    Forum Member
    She was quite successful before she went in to the house and has continued since - she is a level headed young lady ( see Venus Special which was recorded about one year after she left the house ).

I should love to see her back on TV - such as CBB but doubt that she would do it after the way she was treated both in the house and by the producers.

I would too, but her and Channel 5 have history after she tried to sue them. It's why she's never on BOTS or anything BB-related since coming out of the house. Although, she does occasionally tweet about the show on Twitter so it shows that she still watches it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would too, but her and Channel 5 have history after she tried to sue them. It's why she's never on BOTS or anything BB-related since coming out of the house. Although, she does occasionally tweet about the show on Twitter so it shows that she still watches it.

Yes I know and I really thought she had every chance of winning her case against Channel 5 but it was not to be >:(
    Forum Member
    Watched the episode with Conor's infamous epilator rant yesterday. It was awful how both Conor and Arron ganged up on her just because she wouldn't eat the nasty food. Arron was just as vile to Deana, he kept accusing her of being fake, acting up to the cameras, pretending to cry, etc. He was even having a go at her whilst she was crying. >:(

Re-watching BB13 has actually made me realise how bullied Deana was in the early weeks of the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the episode with Conor's infamous epilator rant yesterday. It was awful how both Conor and Arron ganged up on her just because she wouldn't eat the nasty food. Arron was just as vile to Deana, he kept accusing her of being fake, acting up to the cameras, pretending to cry, etc. He was even having a go at her whilst she was crying. >:(

Re-watching BB13 has actually made me realise how bullied Deana was in the early weeks of the series.

Just a bit - and not just in the early days imo - and why I thought she had very chance to win her case against C5.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    She's appeared as the main star in a Bollywood film & had parts in other Bollywood films.

That eejit Conor should have been kicked out of the house for his bullying behaviour towards Deana, never mind being rewarded with 50k. Absolute disgraceful behaviour & the producers were complicit with it! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    She's appeared as the main star in a Bollywood film & had parts in other Bollywood films.

That eejit Conor should have been kicked out of the house for his bullying behaviour towards Deana, never mind being rewarded with 50k. Absolute disgraceful behaviour & the producers were complicit with it! >:(

And that indeed sums it up.
    Forum Member
    I'm on Week 7 now.

I'm still enjoying the series, it's highly entertaining and the house dynamics are brilliant. Turf Wars is one of my favourite tasks and Week 5 was one of my favourite weeks of BB ever. The ABCD eviction was glorious.

Becky has pretty much shifted to the dark side within the space of a few days. She's now bitching about Lauren with Ashleigh and Caroline, sucking up to Conor. The treatment of Lauren this week is awful. I'm not looking forwards to the face to face nominations where all the Insiders target her and treat her like crap to her face.