Options

Netflix - have they ever considered offering TV/films to buy like Amazon?

Looking around Amazon it seems there's far more to buy to be able to watch in the cloud than they've got as part of their Netflix like Prime streaming service, makes you wonder if Netflix have ever considered getting into offering TV shows/movies to buy (so called own) as well, being able to buy a series or a film from Netflix could safeguard against it being taken down and you could always have the ability to watch it, but if they did launch this alongside the streaming service people might accuse them of taking series down to compel people to buy them, but on Amazon it seems more accepted.

Would you like to see a Netflix where you can also buy series/TV shows, it might not be the best idea for them but I wonder if they've ever considered it.

Comments

• Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no no, things are perfect the way they are, even if movies take longer to come
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone want this? Netflix is fine the way it is!
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone want this? Netflix is fine the way it is!

I guess there is the problem of some movies & TV shows disappearing, and it would be good if they were more permanently in the cloud, I just naturally wondered if Netflix had ever considered it because it must have crossed their minds.
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess there is the problem of some movies & TV shows disappearing, and it would be good if they were more permanently in the cloud, I just naturally wondered if Netflix had ever considered it because it must have crossed their minds.

there are just so many movie to miss 1 + there are proxies. and even proxy dies, there are too many movies to miss 1. its fine (almost perfect) as it is
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a 'download and keep for 30 days' option though for when on the train and the free onboard wifi that runs at 0.00000000000000003mpbs isn't fast enough to load anything let alone stream video.