Interview at Sainsburys

2»

Comments

• AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they gave me multiple choice. It might be that it's a different process in every store. They're the same sort of questions that were on my application form. Did you not fill one of those in?
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Well they gave me multiple choice. It might be that it's a different process in every store. They're the same sort of questions that were on my application form. Did you not fill one of those in?

No I just handed in my CV and then got a letter today saying they'd like to see me in person and the details of the interview.
    Forum Member
    Just to let everyone know who was interested, the interview went well. It was one-on-one with a manager and she just made me fill in the application form and then asked me questions on different scenarios. I got a phone call today from her offering me the job so yay. :)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did they ask for references at Sainsbury's. My brother has an interview with them tomorrow for a Xmas job, and was just wondering cos he didn't have to fill them in on the form.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know who was interested, the interview went well. It was one-on-one with a manager and she just made me fill in the application form and then asked me questions on different scenarios. I got a phone call today from her offering me the job so yay. :)

Well done :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    did they ask for references at Sainsbury's. My brother has an interview with them tomorrow for a Xmas job, and was just wondering cos he didn't have to fill them in on the form.

They will need two references.. they probably won't ask for them until he has his induction.
  • Pepsi_Max_KidPepsi_Max_Kid Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had two interview's at Sainsbury's and got turned down both times! I don't really know where i went wrong! I thought I was polite answerd the questions right etc. but somehow they didn't think i was good enough hehe! But ahhhh well .. was a few years ago now and got a new job where i have been two years now so not too sad about it :p
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't ask for references until you have got the job and signed the contract - which is pretty bloody stupid if you ask me, which I pointed out to my trainer and she shrugged "it's just the way we do it".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also wear clothes (smart if you can) that are the same colour as the sainsburys work uniform (blue and orange?).

A little off the pace I'm afraid! :p A few "lucky" stores - mine included - now have a lovely purple/maroon uniform. You wouldn't want to turn up in the wrong colours! :eek:
    Forum Member

Sorry for the late reply. I also didn't put references on my form and they offered me a job so I assumed it was fine. Then yesterday, someone from personnel rang me up and asked for one reference, which I think is really stupid considering they've already offered me one. :confused: But I gave it and she said it was fine.
    Well done :D

Thanks a lot. :D