Emmerdale - Rhona and Vanessa Lesbian Affair

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Rhona has always been a questionable character, remember when she nicked Ashley's baby in Corrie?

Then she popped up in Emmerdale showing no remorse whatsoever - acting like it had never happened - whilst wooing both Marvin & Paddy.

Vanessa needs to know all this, does anybody have her email addy??
  • evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to bump this thread again because that's a pretty good prediction by the op and to post this link:

http://goo.gl/WbB7N

Ignore Ali and Ruby

So how long before Rhona is sneaking out of Venessa's room??:eek::D
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    Just had to bump this thread again because that's a pretty good prediction by the op and to post this link:

http://goo.gl/WbB7N

Ignore Ali and Ruby

So how long before Rhona is sneaking out of Venessa's room??:eek::D
    One thing is for sure, Vanessa and Rhona already have infinitely more chemistry together than Ali and Ruby. Talk about a mismatched couple.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa should be paired with Ruby. Ruby should get her nursing job back. What is it about these soaps that professionals are stripped off their profession and they end up doing either shop work or waitering. I used to think Ruby looked good in her nurses uniform.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she still has it, the Cafe is her second job
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time they got to the scissor action tbh. :p
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Vanessa should be paired with Ruby. Ruby should get her nursing job back. What is it about these soaps that professionals are stripped off their profession and they end up doing either shop work or waitering. I used to think Ruby looked good in her nurses uniform.

That might be a good idea. I always thought that Ruby was to good for Ali anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    That might be a good idea. I always thought that Ruby was to good for Ali anyway.

Thats not saying much a killer flesh eating virus is to good for Ali!
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Her first episode some seemed to have worked it out.:D Im sure there was a thread or 2 as well.

Emmerdaily 10/12/12: Bad News
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    They may have transplanted things. As you suggest, a dog's head onto a crocodile's body. Or a cat's legs onto a parrot's bum. I was thinking more of Vanessa's face onto Rhona's crotch.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    He's now going to try and find out if Rhona and Vanessa went through an 'experimental' phase in their University days...
  • fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Rhona has just got to such a stage in her addiction that to keep her source of supply, and at the minute she is down to her basic instincts she has realised that Vanessa has feelings for her, and as such has realised that she can play on that to get what she wants.
    Depends how far Rhona will go to get her fix, and suppose if that means that she has to start a relationship with Vanessa in order to keep getting that fix, then she will do so.
    Rhona realised Vanessas feelings when her tears were flowing on Friday, and instantly cottoned on to the fact that if she played on it she could get everything she wanted.
    It'll probably go down so to speak the Vanessa/Rhona road, but not because Rhona wants to, it will just be a means to an end, because she just doesnt care anymore. Rhona played a blinder on Friday and pulled Vanessa in like a spider to a fly.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    is vanessa that blonde girl ?

She'll always be Lizzie from The Royal, to me. :)

Why would they have a lesbian affair? Rhona's not a lesbian!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    That Rhona has always been a questionable character, remember when she nicked Ashley's baby in Corrie?

Then she popped up in Emmerdale showing no remorse whatsoever - acting like it had never happened - whilst wooing both Marvin & Paddy.

Vanessa needs to know all this, does anybody have her email addy??

And she's married to Cain, isn't she?
    They've kept that quiet!
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I'm not looking forward to this storyline tbh.... someone coerced into a relationship, for access to drugs, cannot be a good thing... the storyline could have been played out very differently, by simple attraction means, not this kinda sordid way...

so are we to see Rhona seduced, because she's vulnerable and needs the drugs, and will do anything for them.. eeeek
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to this storyline tbh.... someone coerced into a relationship, for access to drugs, cannot be a good thing... the storyline could have been played out very differently, by simple attraction means, not this kinda sordid way...

so are we to see Rhona seduced, because she's vulnerable and needs the drugs, and will do anything for them.. eeeek
    I'm wondering if it's likely to be the other way around? that she;ll play on vanessa's feelings for her and exploit this in order to get Vanessa to keep on supplying the drugs?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    And she's married to Cain, isn't she?
    They've kept that quiet!

It's 2 different characters in 2 different soaps played by the same actress, who happens to be married in real life to another actor on the same programme.

It's getting late & you're starting confuse matters! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Bring it on.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the little I have seen of them I prefer Ruby to Ali. I feel I agree Vanessa knows Ruby, if only from Vanessa being served by Ruby in the cafe.
    Flukie wrote: »
    She'll always be Lizzie from The Royal, to me. :)

Why would they have a lesbian affair? Rhona's not a lesbian!

I sometimes watch The Royal if it features Lizzie in the storyline, like it will this afternoon (and thus tomorrow morning's repeat).:) I shall comment on Lizzie's part in Saturday's episode in the Emmerdale Past & Present thread shortly.

There was mention in another thread about Vanessa and Rhona having perhaps "experiemented" at Uni. Could this come to light shortly?
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ruby wasn't a nurse. She was a carer - ie not very well paid, and not always having great working terms and conditions. Maybe she doesn't consider working in a cafe, with a decent boss, regular hours and customers she seems to like as a step down?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been stated on screen that Ruby doesn't do her carer job anymore? She was only part time before...
    ruby wasn't a nurse. She was a carer - ie not very well paid, and not always having great working terms and conditions. Maybe she doesn't consider working in a cafe, with a decent boss, regular hours and customers she seems to like as a step down?

One of my mum's close friends worked in a care home, had a bad experience with management and left, and now works as a cleaner at a hotel, which she much prefers. Like you say, the care industry doesn't pay well, plus it can be stressful at the best of times. It's not that unusual as career moves go.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if it's likely to be the other way around? that she;ll play on vanessa's feelings for her and exploit this in order to get Vanessa to keep on supplying the drugs?

D'you know... I never even considered THIS :eek: brilliant.. I see what you mean totally... let's see what rolls out.. gawd your good hahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    So with the rumours that Rhona and Vanessa will embark on a lesbian affair in 2013, who else thinks this storyline has potential?

I personaly think it could work quite well and will give Rhona a new dimension.

What do you guys think?

To be fair this was called spot on by the OP. Weldone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Sounds like the usual DS BS to me. Won't happen, shouldn't happen.

I bet you feel a bit silly now? The OP was correct!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you notice Vanessa's last scene on Friday? There was the way she referred to how "it makes things easier" and had a similar beam to when she told Moira last Monday that there may be developments in her lovelife. I suddenly fear that Our Ness may be in denial, believing that Rhona's lies were merely "the drugs talking" and that they may have a future once Rhona is better.

I will admit that I preferred her in Friday's episode to a week earlier when she had that much-anticipated kiss with Rhona.