Options

Still Game new series

raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know when this is going to be shown?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    October
  • Options
    raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smashin'!
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be networked or only in Scotland ?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is being shown on bbc 1 in all regions
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It's a shame more people don't know about this show as it is one of the funniest out there
  • Options
    malcy86malcy86 Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back 7th October 9.30pm BBC1!

Here's a bit about the first episode
    Craiglang's residents can't resist the temptation of the Futuroo catalogue and its innovations to 'make life that wee bit easier'. However, it quickly becomes apparent these gadgets do anything but.

Meanwhile, Winston receives a registered letter which sees him prepare for the arrival of his brother, Walter. As Jack and Victor spar over whose gadget is best, there's a spot of sibling rivalry between Winston and Walter.

Later, Winston confronts Walter on the real reason for his surprise visit and Jack needs help after taking himself off for an unfeasibly long bath.

Short teaser - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxts5ZgD0a8

I applied for tickets for the 3 audience screenings of the series to record the laughter track. No luck on first 2, waiting to hear about 3rd. Not holding my breath, there was over 100,000 applications. Also applied for the Q&A screening but no luck on that either. Oh well, there's always next year!
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy86 wrote: »
    I applied for tickets for the 3 audience screenings of the series to record the laughter track. No luck on first 2, waiting to hear about 3rd. Not holding my breath, there was over 100,000 applications. Also applied for the Q&A screening but no luck on that either. Oh well, there's always next year!

Same here, applied for everything and rejected from all! Didn't know the ticket applications was that high - surely that's higher than the record-breaking Mrs Brown's Boys ticket requests.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is being shown on bbc 1 in all regions

Good that it's been "promoted" from BBC2 :D
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Did this ever get proper promotion on BBC Two, with trailers and the like?
    Rab C Nesbitt played well everywhere IIRC, so I'm thinking it can't have been the accents that worried the BBC.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,198
    Forum Member
    I thought we had to wait until November, excellent news!
    Verence wrote: »
    Good that it's been "promoted" from BBC2 :D

It's more been "reinstated" to it's old BBC1 Scotland slot on Fridays at half 9 (before it got networked) Always a good way to start the weekend :D
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wish they'd do a new series of Chewin' the Fat.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    I thought we had to wait until November, excellent news!

It's more been "reinstated" to it's old BBC1 Scotland slot on Fridays at half 9 (before it got networked) Always a good way to start the weekend :D

I never knew that... I wonder why it was put onto BBC2 when shown nationwide
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    Oh good, I'm looking forward to this. A decent sitcom on at last!
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has it been promoted? Is it because it seems that since its been off its picked up a new following from netflix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Why has it been promoted? Is it because it seems that since its been off its picked up a new following from netflix.

It was due to the fact that an original 4 show run at The Hydro turned into a 21 show run. It hasn't been on Netflix that long and Ford & Greg have said that since the live show the BBC were very interested in having it back and making it nationwide again. It's only making the natural move to BBC1 nationwide due to it's popularity in general.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still Game has a new intro, to accommodate for it being filmed in high definition.

https://youtu.be/7o3b2nsBIm8

Enjoy.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    Still Game has a new intro, to accommodate for it being filmed in high definition.

https://youtu.be/7o3b2nsBIm8

Enjoy.

:)

Been putting off watching them all day. Finally buckled. Don't like them :cry:
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy86 wrote: »
    Been putting off watching them all day. Finally buckled. Don't like them :cry:

Why?:confused:
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I like the new titles, They have been away so long they needed a new fresh feel to them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    Why?:confused:

Dunno really. They seem a bit dark, the standing up and sitting down at the end just looks stupid & is it just me or do Jack & Victor look younger in the end?
  • Options
    TOTP_81TOTP_81 Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    They are trying to flog a dead horse here just like Rab C Nebitt, mark my words, it won't be as funny as some are eager to see. I have the entire box set which mostly are funny.
  • Options
    maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this to come back next week.

Have been watching clips on Youtube. This one here with Navid is brilliant :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUbU5DLVKJE
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    maltshovel wrote: »
    Can't wait for this to come back next week.

Have been watching clips on Youtube. This one here with Navid is brilliant :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUbU5DLVKJE
    Navid is a real scene-stealer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭