Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Have you guys checked out the Ru and Michelle podcast 'What's the Tee?'. It's great! I love their relationship.

In one of the eps Michelle talks about meeting Jonathan Ross for lunch (he owns the UK rights to DR) and how they both agreed that Ru must host the UK version rather than getting a British DQ to do it.

The podcasts get better and better, especially when they start bringing in guests. New eps come out every two weeks.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/rupaul-whats-tee-michelle/id855749951?mt=2

http://www.rupaulpodcast.com/

Wish MV would do Celebrity BB. She would (sissy that) walk it.

<edit - there are mild spoilers in the podcasts relating S6 so if you are behind and haven't seen it you may want to avoid. I forgot S6 hasn't officially aired in the UK yet>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I listen every few weeks. The last one with TS Madison was fab!

As for Ru and Michelle doing the UK Drag Race (IF it ever happens!) well I'm not sure if it would work. I like to think it would, and lets be fair, we really don't have any high profile drag queens in the UK so are equivalent to Ru. We'll have to see what happens...
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I watched that drag queens of London and if that's all the UK has to offer I'd rather there wasn't a UK drag race. Most of those queens look busted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 6 is now available on UK Netflix. Gag. Still no Untucked though... >:(
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched all six seasons in two weeks and I LOVE this show.

Favourite Queens overall are Raven, Raja, Manila, Jujubee, Ongina, Latrice Royale, Detox, Adore and of course Bianca <3

Shangela is so annoying!

I think Season 3 was my favourite as I've always been a fan of Raja on ANTM and I loved the Heathers :blush:
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEWS.

Season 7 starts filming soon. Here's the Reddit speculation thread on who might be in this season, http://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/2bfhwt/season_7_speculation_megapost_2_electric_dragaloo/
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion alert but I must be the only person who doesn't think much of Bianca.
    Sure, she was funny but her drag did nothing to enhance that.
    Definitely the weakest winner out of all six seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion alert but I must be the only person who doesn't think much of Bianca.
    Sure, she was funny but her drag did nothing to enhance that.
    Definitely the weakest winner out of all six seasons.

While I can say I understand your feelings about Bianca (personally I loved her, but then I'm prone to loving a bit of snark), I think you may have missed the horror that was Tyra winning. ;-) :p Yes I still have PTSD at Raven not winning.

When your best moment in the show is actually Lineshya impersonating you in the lip sync challenge, then you're doing it wrong. :D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Apparently the cast will be out later tonight. First drag queen confirmed is
    Miss Fame

Anyone know her?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Fame is actually quite famous already (no pun intended!) she's a pro makeup artist and literally looks flawless whenever I've seen her. She's worked with a lot of the RPDR queens and has done work with World of Wonder. She's one of the best known queens not to already appear on the show so her appearance is long overdue!

Pearl is also confirmed. She's often high up in polls of who should appear, but I know little about her.
  • Ryan_AdolphoRyan_Adolpho Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    All the Queens have now been announced. Can't wait for the new series.
    http://m.logotv.com/video/1103166/
    Forum Member
    Apparently the cast will be out later tonight. First drag queen confirmed is
    Miss Fame

Anyone know her?

Her makeup tutorials are outstanding

C'mon season 7 let's get sickening
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Still no clue why this isn't on one of the main 5 channels. (But it's interesting how many folk here still manage to be totally up to date within 24hrs of the US airing - and so blo right too)😎
    Forum Member
    wildangel wrote: »
    Still no clue why this isn't on one of the main 5 channels. (But it's interesting how many folk here still manage to be totally up to date within 24hrs of the US airing - and so blo right too)😎

*Cough*Torrents*Cough*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woohoo season 7 starts sometime this month.

First impressions, Mrs Kasha D has a real Joan Collins look about her, could be class. I'm totally buying the illusion from Miss Fame, Ginger, and dear gawd Pearl makes me want to cry about my looks (although cheap wigs ain't gonna cut it hunty!). Max IMO looks like this years duckling to swan storyline, I'll be glad to be proved wrong but his FB pics just look like a dude with lippy on. :(
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Shangela is so annoying!

I think Season 3 was my favourite as I've always been a fan of Raja on ANTM and I loved the Heathers :blush:

Shangela was amazing! I loved her!!! She was just so ropey, yet like so many queens, she came from behind to deliver a really explosive finale*.

You LIKED the Heathers!!! F*ck off. F*ck all the way off! :P

Before she lost the Lip Synch and was sent home, never to be seen - or heard from - again!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shangela has actually done very well since the show :)

And I liked the Heathers too. They were clearly taking the piss with the whole "booger" thing in my opinion..

Now post show Carmen.. that's another thing alltogether.
    Forum Member
    Gurl do not get me started on that hateful cow carmen.

C'mon season 7 hurry up
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Of the previews, like Kennedy Davenport (but seems to sweet to last) and Mrs Davis (bit fashion backward). But we all know those previews mean nothing when they're confronted by Mike Ruiz and a wind machine/pool/car wash/trampoline... :o
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been binge watching from Season 1 on Netflix and this show just gets better and better, On Season now and so gfar it's the best quality season. I can't stand Willam though, or Phi Phi. Sharon Needles, (even though I hate the name) and Latrice Royale are my favourites so far though.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaas I'm go glad there's a Drag Race forum here. Shout out to the good sis Margo Channing for mentioning it in the BB thread.

This show is my obsession like no other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I've been binge watching from Season 1 on Netflix and this show just gets better and better, On Season now and so gfar it's the best quality season. I can't stand Willam though, or Phi Phi. Sharon Needles, (even though I hate the name) and Latrice Royale are my favourites so far though.

Phi Phi was VILE. I don't think there's ever been a contestant more universally despised, the bitch had nothing good to say about anyone.

You've chosen well sis. Sharon Needles' week one runway outfit remains my favourite of all time. The post-apocalyptic zombie realness. I was living.

I'm sorry but Willam is an institution though,. She's like that one slutty friend you have who you really shouldn't associate with, but she's so outrageous you just can't be without her. You could never tell when she was being serious, that's the best part. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gray_v wrote: »
    Season 6 is now available on UK Netflix. Gag. Still no Untucked though... >:(

It's so annoying they never put Untucked up. I still need to see the Tatianna and Tyra post-wedding episode argument.

There are some classics on Youtube though. Namely this masterpeice. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qreW0UtZ2LM

To absolute FILTH. I love Alyssa Edwards so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phi Phi was VILE. I don't think there's ever been a contestant more universally despised, the bitch had nothing good to say about anyone.

I'm sorry but Willam is an institution though,. She's like that one slutty friend you have who you really shouldn't associate with, but she's so outrageous you just can't be without her. You could never tell when she was being serious, that's the best part. :D

Willam winding up Phi Phi was pure class. Girl knew how to suck on a straw and eye roll for maximum "I couldn't give a sh1t". :D

And Willam's Beatdown made me howl with laughter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQeCUKovIg for anyone who missed them.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result for Season 4 of Drag Race. The best woman certainly did win for me.
    This season has been my favourite so far, so I'm a bit aprehensive of starting with S5 incase it goes downhill.