Options

Dotd In 3d

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
Forum Member
Finally getting to see it as moff intended.. It is beautifully rendered in 3d. Highly recommended

Comments

• Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Destiny of the Daleks is in 3D? Well I be damned, is it in HD also?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    The moff is darn clever eh? Timey whimey... Went back.. Kidnapped Douglas Adams... Wrote a dalek story.. Imbued too much silly comedy.. Got criticised... Let Adams take the blame..
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darn. Thought they'd done some technical jiggery-pokery and you meant 'Day of the Daleks'. Imagine watching hordes of Daleks (all 3 of them) trundling towards that Manor House in 3D to threaten the third Doctor's cheese and wine party. ;-)

(sorry, just stealing Sora's idea there. :blush:)
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I was very impressed by the 3D in Day of the Doctor, actually. Unlike many films, I didn't find the 3D distracting. I think they got it just right.
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I LOVE 3D, it's what got me going back to the cinema again. I thought DOTD in 3D was stunning :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst it was good and a nice touch of respect to use the original 63 opening titles, I do however feel somewhat robbed in a way. As I was so much looking forwards to seeing the current titles rendered in 3D.

Still, at least the use of 3D was about right and certainly not over used. A shame the BBC has decided against working with the format as I like it when used properly. Would have been great to see some of the BBC wildlife programs in 3D. I partly blame Sky for the lack of 3D support by the main 5 channels by keeping the format as a premium product which in turn has probably slowed down or more limited the interest in the format by the viewers and TV networks.