Sky SD/HD new channels thread. Coming soon/launch dates.

Comments

• Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    how do I do that? I should clarify, it doesn't explicitly SAY that CNN is launching but includes it on its list of HD channels

Take a picture on your phone, camera ect load it onto you pc then upload it to somewhere like this http://postimage.org/ and post a link to the picture here

:)
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Take a picture on your phone, camera ect load it onto you pc then upload it to somewhere like this http://postimage.org/ and post a link to the picture here

:)

http://postimg.org/image/ucql47guf/
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks its the way they've done it confusing maybe, the reason I say it is because GOLD isn't in HD, nor is sky news and sky sports news till early 2015 on VM
  • mackersdublinmackersdublin Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sky2 isn't available in HD, unless that's launching soon too
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky2 isn't available in HD, unless that's launching soon too

It's just the way the header is worded. Its a list of various channels available, not just HD.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    It's just the way the header is worded. Its a list of various channels available, not just HD.

You should look at the Sky 2 logo on that page again, it actually has HD tagged on to it!
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    You should look at the Sky 2 logo on that page again, it actually has HD tagged on to it!

So it has! Other than that one I still think it is a general list rather than just HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    So it has! Other than that one I still think it is a general list rather than just HD.

Yes I agree it looks like a general list, but maybe Virgin are being a little sneaky making it look like they are all HD when actually they arent!
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That logo has to have come from Sky as Virgin cannot source broadcaster logos from anywhere else for copyright reasons, that suggests that Sky 2 is going HD
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    That logo has to have come from Sky as Virgin cannot source broadcaster logos from anywhere else for copyright reasons, that suggests that Sky 2 is going HD

Wonder what's taking them so long. Would have though Sky 2HD would have been on ages ago,
  • abwabw Posts: 157
    Forum Member

"up to 43 in HD1"

What does the footnote say?
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abw wrote: »
    "up to 43 in HD1"

What does the footnote say?

What I recall is that it says "Package dependant, Sky Sports and Movies HD require the Sky Premium HD pack"
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need the highest level TV Pack to get Sky Sports and Sky Premium HD from Virgin Media though, unlike some other companies... :D
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a new channel is coming but still very disappointing if not into football and sport like me plus it will be an extra £7.50 what a disappointing year for HD.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2019939

Am wondering if not more HD channels are added will people start looking else where to places like Netflix or Prime?
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm that's a big leap, from being FTV to being £7pm. Can't imagine them getting many subs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Hmm that's a big leap, from being FTV to being £7pm. Can't imagine them getting many subs.

Good point they would be better off keeping the SD channel ftv and make the HD channel part of the Family pack, they are likely to get more money that way.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any plans for Al Jazeera English HD on Sky?
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on UTV Ireland launching? commences broadcasting on Jan 1st so tests surely not too far away if its going on sky.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now march 2015 and no new HD channels for ages?
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is Spike TV due ?
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do I do that? I should clarify, it doesn't explicitly SAY that CNN is launching but includes it on its list of HD channels

Is CNN intl in HD now then?
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Is CNN intl in HD now then?

Supposed to be launching in the UK sometime last year but no where to be seen.
    It IS now produced in HD, so its a CNN issue stopping it somewhere along the line
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Supposed to be launching in the UK sometime last year but no where to be seen.
    It IS now produced in HD, so its a CNN issue stopping it somewhere along the line

Thanks. I do wish it was in HD. The picture quality feels dire.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I do wish it was in HD. The picture quality feels dire.

Agree with you there. Its appalling
  • rparslowrparslow Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Agree with you there. Its appalling

Well they do deliver in SD & HD see here for Tech specs http://www.turner.com/#/company/distribution-information

But I guess it's a matter of cost saving for the redistribution.
This discussion has been closed.