Apprentice final beats the soaps in the ratings!

Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
Forum Member
Last night, The Apprentice got 8.9 million peaking at 9.49 for the last 5 minutes. Corrie only got 7.7 million, Eastenders only got 6.7 million and Emmerdale only got a measely 6.1 million.

Comments

• peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well done apprentice, do you know how this compares to previous finals?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    well done apprentice, do you know how this compares to previous finals?

Yeah, last year's got 5.86 million, series 2 got 5.95 million and series 1 got around 4 million.

Put it this way, this year 'your hired' alone managed 5 million, meaning it was only about 860,000 down on last year's finale!
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: wow, thanks - amazing ratings... (for an average series imo )
    Forum Member
    :eek: wow, thanks - amazing ratings... (for an average series imo )

It wasn't average, it had Raef, but it did in away play to the mass public rather than the hardcorers.

It was last night's most watched programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Apprentice is huge now. It looks like all sorts of different people have taken an interest in it. Even Gordon Brown! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450282.stm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Last night he won the 42 Days Task but only by bribing the DUP and Sir Alan won't look kindly on that in the boardoom.
    Forum Member
    The Apprentice is huge now. It looks like all sorts of different people have taken an interest in it. Even Gordon Brown! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450282.stm

Lol, as long as they don't sell out too much, that's a good thing. I think next year, the ratings will rise even further, perhaps we could see it getting soap ratings every night? :eek:
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a great series so I am really happy it is doing well. I was surprised how many people at work and socially talk about the series so it is popular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow

That's great :D
    I've really enjoyed this series and I'm glad that the Apprentice seems to be growing in popularity
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised.

The soaps are very poor at the moment and are on far too regularly.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Yeah, last year's got 5.86 million

What? The final last year got around 6.8 million in overnights, and 7.1m officially.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night, The Apprentice got 8.9 million peaking at 9.49 for the last 5 minutes. Corrie only got 7.7 million, Eastenders only got 6.7 million and Emmerdale only got a measely 6.1 million.

Me and babeth predicted the final might get close to a 10 million peek in the final after the first two episodes on another thread...nice to be proved right.....;)

Shame it was such a rubbish final is all....:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,543
    Forum Member
    It was a great series, pity its culmination was not so great. Can't believe he won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Me and babeth predicted the final might get close to a 10 million peek in the final after the first two episodes on another thread...nice to be proved right.....;)

Shame it was such a rubbish final is all....:(

Bravo Muttley-indeed our prediction was spot on. :p

I would echo your sentiments-this series has not been my favourite. Its fast becoming BB 2. :eek:

But I found a favourite candidate ever in RAEF, closely followed by Simon. So it was not too bad for me-am sure for you too. I am really looking forward to what Raef does next?;):D

Babeth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babeth wrote: »
    But I found a favourite candidate ever in RAEF, closely followed by Simon. So it was not too bad for me-am sure for you too.

You and me are like two peas in a pod....;)

I am really looking forward to what Raef does next?;):D

well, there's 8 out of 10 cats tomorrow for a start....;)
  • lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That means nothing.

It wasn't on until 9 o'clock, so wasn't in competition with any soap.
    Probably people were turning on at 9.49 for the news.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Last night he won the 42 Days Task but only by bribing the DUP and Sir Alan won't look kindly on that in the boardoom.

:D:D Good one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apprentice final beats the soaps in the ratings!

The Apprentice is a soap! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote: »
    That means nothing.

It wasn't on until 9 o'clock, so wasn't in competition with any soap.
    Probably people were turning on at 9.49 for the news.

If it means nothing then why is it that it hardly ever happen? ;)
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    This year the Apprentice (UK version) beat the US version HANDS DOWN in percentage terms - and, in actual fact, by absolute numbers. 7.9 mill v 9.7 mill!

The US version has declined massively over the last few years, but then, who wants to watch the Donald(lol)???