Options

Patti Smith at Glastonbury 2015

Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
Forum Member
✭✭
The festival has announced a list of 75 artists set to play

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/14/patti-smith-pharrell-williams-and-more-sign-up-for-glastonbury-festival-2015

This will be my 30th Glastonbury { going back 36 years } so well pleased to see her again

Comments

• Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy Florence is there
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    TreyC wrote: »
    So happy Florence is there

I'm very impressed they've got Florence but not headlining - I was convinced she would be top of the bill or nothing this time round! Interestingly though the Sunday headliner remains unconfirmed, wonder who it is?
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I'm very impressed they've got Florence but not headlining - I was convinced she would be top of the bill or nothing this time round! Interestingly though the Sunday headliner remains unconfirmed, wonder who it is?

Blur are one of the strong rumours, though it seems to soon to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone lucky in the resale ?

it lasted for 16 minuets so a fair number of returns.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    30 times is impressive. I went once in 94 or 95. Probably 94. It was very hot. Can't even really remember all the bands - bit hazy. Oasis in the afternoon. Blur. Mike Scott possibly?

Patti Smith is a great name to add to it. I'd definitely go and see her. Will they ever get Bowie again? I'd love to see his new songs live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30 times is impressive. I went once in 94 or 95. Probably 94. It was very hot. Can't even really remember all the bands - bit hazy. Oasis in the afternoon. Blur. Mike Scott possibly?

Patti Smith is a great name to add to it. I'd definitely go and see her. Will they ever get Bowie again? I'd love to see his new songs live.

Oasis was 95 also playing was The Cure, Orbital, P J Harvey, Simple Minds, Portishead and Al Stewart and many more and not forgetting The Bootleg Beatles who were excellent as always.

Tickets were £65 Attendance was 80,000 not counting the ones who got in when the fence was taken down.

I think I was working in the backstage compound so very handy to reach NME Stage { was renamed The Other Stage in 1997 } and then back again so missing the crowds going to the Pyramid area { as the Pyramid Stage burnt down just before Glasto 94 so there was no actual Pyramid in 1995 }

Bowie last played 25th of June 2000 and I was there to see him.

Wild Is The Wind
    China Girl
    Changes
    Stay
    Life On Mars?
    Absolute Beginners
    Ashes To Ashes
    Rebel Rebel
    Little Wonder
    Golden Years
    Fame
    All The Young Dudes
    The Man Who Sold The World
    Station To Station
    Starman
    Hallo Spaceboy
    Under Pressure
    Encore
    Ziggy Stardust
    "Heroes"
    Let's Dance
    I'm Afraid Of Americans

He has a open invite but who knows if he will ever appear again.

Mike Scott was at Glasto 95 played in the Acoustic tent
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems The Who have got the Sunday headline slot. Bit of a strange choice, but rather them than Taylor Swift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have seen The Who three times

Hyde park 1996 { with David Gilmour }
    Hyde park 2006
    Glastonbury 2007

what was interesting about Hyde park 1996 was it was not held in its normal spot { have not a clue why }

it ran parallel to Bayswater Road with the stage to the west - there was thousands who showed up without tickets

I have lost counts at how many times I have worked at a concert where Paul Weller was playing.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti Smith is amazing. Easter is one of my favourite albums.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Patti Smith. I've seen her live 5 times over the years and every time she's been amazing. Her gig at Nottingham Rock City in 2002 is quite possibly the best gig I've ever been to (it's a toss up between that and Kate Bush's Before the Dawn). I'll definitely be watching out for her at Glastonbury. I hope the BBC screen her full set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    Love Patti Smith. I've seen her live 5 times over the years and every time she's been amazing. Her gig at Nottingham Rock City in 2002 is quite possibly the best gig I've ever been to (it's a toss up between that and Kate Bush's Before the Dawn). I'll definitely be watching out for her at Glastonbury. I hope the BBC screen her full set.
    If the listings/timings don't change Patti Smith will be at The Park Stage at the same time as The Moody Blues will be at the Acoustic stage and Kanye West will be at the Pyramid stage so I doubt they will show her full set unless its on a red button.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    If the listings/timings don't change Patti Smith will be at The Park Stage at the same time as The Moody Blues will be at the Acoustic stage and Kanye West will be at the Pyramid stage so I doubt they will show her full set unless its on a red button.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up!

Now its only http://clashfinder.com/s/g2015/ claming its Saturday night and its in the Park so they may have the day wrong - the stage wrong and the time wrong - it will all become clear the closer we get to it.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Show-off! But seriously, Patti Smith is playing 'Horses' in its entirety on June 7th in London.
    I'm not sure if she'll ever play live again, but if you ever see Joni Mitchell live, babelogue, then you've seen the Holy Trinity, in my opinion!:)
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing Patti Smith at Field Day festival in London next month. Cant wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there was a secret resale this afternoon { lasted for about 20 minuets }

did anyone try for it ?

people have a alert system in place and just like sods law ' many people were not at home ' and did not have their registration number with them and by the time they got back the sale had gone .

this was the address they used http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/last-few-tickets-on-sale-now/