Options

Dancing on ice Sunday 21/2/2010 offical discussion thread

vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
Forum Member
Who will be leaving tonight?? Will Sharon have another outfit like a swimsuit or will Jason be nice tonight??

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reckon Sharron will be out tonight...
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will be leaving tonight?? Will Sharon have another outfit like a swimsuit or will Jason be nice tonight??[/QUOTE]

'Yes' and 'No':D
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Reckon Sharron will be out tonight...
    Emily deserves to go, but I guess she'll escape yet again.

So long as none of Hayley, Kieron, Daniella or Mikey go, I'll be reasonably happy. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    I hope Sharron will be out tonight. I thought Emily was better than her last week.

I could see one of the boys in the bottom again, pretty much any of them could be except Mikey.

I can't warm to Danny and wouldn't be surprised if he is in bottom again. Don't think Frankie helps his situation by moaning about their scores.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Danny. Hes a decent skater and seems like a nice bloke. Shame he doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Unless something disasterous happens then I think we have to be losing one of Emily, Danny or Sharron tonight.

My bet would be on Sharron - but I'm surprised each week that she keeps getting the public vote (barring the 1st 2 times she skated).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet would be on Sharron - but I'm surprised each week that she keeps getting the public vote (barring the 1st 2 times she skated).
    I think its mainly just the Jason thing.

I'm hoping the marking might be a little less crazy this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »
    I think its mainly just the Jason thing.

I'm hoping the marking might be a little less crazy this week.

Probably trye andI'm guessing the bottom lot in the voting probably quite close, so Jason's constant criticism of her is probably giving her a slight edge over the others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised sharron is getting lot of support now although I think that is probably down to Jason's comments.

After the Doc going last week I think now Emily and Sharron's time is probably up aswell. I guess it's just a matter of who will go first.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, as much as I like Emily and Fred (and yes I like them both, not just Fred!) I feel that this or next week is there time.

I hope Sharron is out this week. From the little preview on Friday of Emily, she looks like she is more relaxed and not as incompetant as usual! Hopefully having a audience and the judges won't effect that!
  • Options
    vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    I think there might be a shock exit tonight ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love a shock. Actually I would quite like to see two of they guys skating against each other.

I actually like Emily (and Fred :D) and i felt sorry for her last week. I thought she was better than what the judges marked her. Hopefully this week will be a good week for her. I know a lot of people think she is a spoilt brat etc but I just don't see that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We could be due to Gary v Danny skate off soon - its bound to happen sooner or later [bit like Jess vs Zoe last year]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yea I think so too. Gary has been injured this week so will be interesting to see how it will affect his skating and Danny I just don't think he is getting a lot of public votes.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Yea I think so too. Gary has been injured this week so will be interesting to see how it will affect his skating and Danny I just don't think he is getting a lot of public votes.

Its a shame because he is a decent skater and appears to be nice. Jason's poison tongue has done it. In the earlier weeks didn't he accuse Danny of being arrogant and I feel the label has stuck. People feel sorry for Sharron, because Jason really does go over the top with his insults. I hope Danny is given a break tonight.:)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Is it strange that the females seem to be avoiding the skate off ? Surprised Keiron, Danny and Gary have been getting less votes than Sharron or Emily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Its a shame because he is a decent skater and appears to be nice. Jason's poison tongue has done it. In the earlier weeks didn't he accuse Danny of being arrogant and I feel the label has stuck. People feel sorry for Sharron, because Jason really does go over the top with his insults. I hope Danny is given a break tonight.:)

I wouldn't say it was because of Jason, I would say its because he hasn't improved that much - he's still not giving clean routines and it all feels rushed. Plus he's being overshadowed in all the areas by the other 3 male skaters remaining; even Hilary was overshadowing him because of comedy and sympathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was because of Jason, I would say its because he hasn't improved that much - he's still not giving clean routines and it all feels rushed. Plus he's being overshadowed in all the areas by the other 3 male skaters remaining; even Hilary was overshadowing him because of comedy and sympathy.
    At least he puts a bit of personality into his skating though. I'd rather watch him than the tedium of Gary any week. :p

I hope the two boys getting furthest are Mikey and Kieron though - they deserve it, I think. :)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. IMHO, Jason keeps on harping on about his routines not being clean every single time, just like he goes on about something as far as Sharron is converned. I think he has improved a lot and at least skates unlike some.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that this week we will see a Gary v Danny skate off with Danny going.

I know a lot of people have carped about Hayley being overmarked but I feel last week that Gary was the one who was the beneficiary of some generous scores & him being 2nd on the leaderboard as opposed to 4th or 5th where he should have been IMO helped him escape being in the bottom 2.

Gary is a good skater but I am getting frustrated with his lack of performance. I just don't feel he has improved in this area since week 1 & it would have been good to have seen at least some improvement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I know a lot of people have carped about Hayley being overmarked but I feel last week that Gary was the one who was the beneficiary of some generous scores & him being 2nd on the leaderboard as opposed to 4th or 5th where he should have been IMO helped him escape being in the bottom 2.

Gary is a good skater but I am getting frustrated with his lack of performance. I just don't feel he has improved in this area since week 1 & it would have been good to have seen at least some improvement.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Gary has been very lucky with the judges scoring of him so far. But on the other hand, they seem to like consistently giving him over-high marks, so there's no reason that will necessarily change this week...
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Danniella, Mikey, Danny :o and Emily:o avoid the skate off.
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    As long as Daniella,Mikey,Hayley are save, i'll be happy. I see a Danny Vs. Gary skate off tonight.
    Looking forward to tonight though, finally its a real competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »

He is an ok Skater but I think the other guys are better than him. I can't warm to Danny and I felt last week they went on about their scores too much. Frankie said they should have got higher than 17 but I think they were marked about right.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Keiron's on first, he does nothing for me. :yawn: Hope he goes tonight. :)

I wonder when Hayley will skate. She's due an early slot.