Options

Dancing on Ice - Week 1 - ITV1: 6:15pm Live Show/8:30pm Skate-Off: Sunday 6th January

1464748495052»

Comments

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lot of women wanted Pam out I see :p
    Problem is they lost their eye candy too lmao

How the hell did that extremely basic routine get cheggers through?[/QUOTE]

He did not stumble and he did not have wardrobe malfuntion I think.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »

How the hell did that extremely basic routine get cheggers through?[/QUOTE]

He did not stumble and he did not have wardrobe malfuntion I think.
    Doing his routine I don't think a 1 legged chimp could have stumbled :p
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it, if half of next week are as bad as they look it's the producers fault for making the first episode talent top heavy.

They will lose viewers over their poster girl going week 1 like her or not.

Who would the casual viewer tune in to watch? Pamela Anderson or Oona King?

No disrespect meant to Oona.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Of course Pamela Anderson wasn't going to stick around for 12 weeks :D

She was probably drafted in specifically for the first show (for the ratings).

This is my point also, but most people have fallen for it and think ITV will be gutted and their voting process must be fair.

lol, people :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I really cannot believe that Pamela is such a bad skater. She is Canadian and I cannot believe she grew up in Canada, with their long, long winters, and never learnt to skate as a child! It seems to me that this was planned, her exit. She was employed to advertise the show and I believe the ITV producers over-estimated her popularity. What has Pamela done over the last few years? She has appeared on one Reality TV Show after another. Sadly, she has turned into a Reality TV Queen. She looked rather faded and I thought it was a bit sad that she is still playing the "Sex Kitten" at what, 45 plus? I guess (alledgely) she has a huge tax bill that has to be paid. She was even in UK panto last year!! EKKKKKKK What next, SPLASH???

I think Christine has had such a lot of criticism about DoI but honestly, I think the advert breaks, the constant nonsense fillers, how often can they say "This is the Best Group of Celebs We Have Ever Had in Dancing on Ice"!!!!! is the main problem. Also, who ARE these people who we are told are CELEBS?? If Pamela was their "big name" and "going to save Dancing on Ice", they are in serious trouble. How many times can you watch a programme on Reality TV filled with the same Z listers who are desperately trying to revive dying careers?? Now we even have "Reality Stars" starring on Dancing on Ice!!!!! Hilarious.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

?

That's what I thought. I imagine that most voters are women and they didn't want their menfolk ogling Pam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    At least the judges were honest, unlike the X factor when they send home the best contestantst. They could have easily kept her for entertainment value but I am glad that they didn't. It is a good show with or without her

That was the whole point I think. I doubt Pamela had any intention of ever working for weeks and weeks on a UK Ice Show! She was there for publicity and to convince the public that the panel cannot be bought! Hilarious, it worked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    That's what I thought. I imagine that most voters are women and they didn't want their menfolk ogling Pam.

I would be very surprised if the menfolk ogled Pam. Lets be honest, she is getting a bit old for that. She was gorgeous, I remember seeing pics of her as a model/actress BEFORE the cosmetic surgery, large boobs, thick lips etc. She was stunning so goodness knows why she went down that route. Sadly, she looks rather faded now.

If the men found her so sensation, why did they not vote for her??? She must have had very, very few public votes as she was originally in the middle of the group and ended up in the Skate Off!!
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They tried the same with Charlene Tilton and she out either week 2 or 3 :confused:
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    They tried the same with Charlene Tilton and she out either week 2 or 3 :confused:

I really liked Charlene:)
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How the hell did that extremely basic routine get cheggers through?

It was a clean skate and it was very dramatic and entertaining to watch. However, I would say that all the best bits of it (like the Paso jumps) were done by the pro skater and not by Keith.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Yes, another "Big Hollywood Star" that did DOI!! Charlene is not exactly overworked on US Telly. I do not think she has worked for YEARS!!!!
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell did that extremely basic routine get cheggers through?
    Because Pamela messed up her routine and stumbled a couple of times. Keith's routine may have been more basic but he didn't make any stumbles or mistakes.

I know Keith & Olga won't get to the final but I'd really like to see an Olga-choreographed Bolero; perhaps next year she'll be back and with a contestant who makes it to the final.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only just got around to watching the opening show.

I'm so pleased they reduced the number of contestants, and those who are taking part seem to be decent, with the exception of Lauren. I knew in advance Pamela was going, which spoiled the tension a bit, and made me sad watching her as I thought she did have potential and seemed quite keen.

The weak contestants seem to be on next week, so possibly a bit unfair. I was shocked at how bad Shayne was, as he always came across as a confident dancer, but perhaps that was all camera whizzery. I didn't think he'd go. He's got a pre-formed voting fan-base, and came across as likeable enough to justify a sympathy vote for the first few weeks at least.

I had no idea that the Eastenders guy was a dancer, so him being very good was a pleasant surprise. Not that much actual skating, but what he did looked confident and they may even have limited his ice time so it's not too obvious how good he will be. I'm excited about Beth too, although I thought the comments about her performing skills were fair. It's very early days and she's got time to improve, but that's no reason not to mention it. I liked that she took it all in her stride and admitted that certain things were different, such as having a "game face", and I found Robin's comments about holding tension very interesting.