His & Hers

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Don't forget the episode set in a traffic jam, and the ep of bottom set entirely at the top of a ferris wheel!

This could be a whole new thread...

I'll run with it. :D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    am i the only one loving it?:o.....
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »

No, you're not :D

I'm enjoying it a lot - especially exaggeratedly evil Laura. Her character is absolutely horrible, but massively compelling to watch!

Becky and Steve are more sweet and less gross than they were in the first couple of series (well, they seem to me to be, anyway), so it balances out just fine to me.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    The fact that it manages to base the entire series in one flat and no other location at all is an achievement in its self.
    I think the 3rd series is fine, at least its not getting boring.

Agreed, just like Ideal I'm enjoying the series :D
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    Agreed, just like Ideal I'm enjoying the series :D

For me its the best comedy of the week (of any format) by miles.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    No, you're not :D

I'm enjoying it a lot - especially exaggeratedly evil Laura. Her character is absolutely horrible, but massively compelling to watch!

Becky and Steve are more sweet and less gross than they were in the first couple of series (well, they seem to me to be, anyway), so it balances out just fine to me.

Becky and Steve are so believable as a couple. All the shared looks and just the way they interact during the episodes. Brilliant performances.
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    No you are not I think it's great :). I haven't seen the first series so I haven't seen how Laura's character has developed. All I know is that the actress manages to portray Laura's completely vile character very well. I think that both Laura and Paul are unhinged but very watchable.

The only thing I find hard to understand is that they seem quite blase about the other characters stealing from them, being nasty and treating them like poo. Nigel (Becks and Laura's dad) is such a kn*b!
    Forum Member
    maltshovel wrote: »
    No you are not I think it's great :). I haven't seen the first series so I haven't seen how Laura's character has developed. All I know is that the actress manages to portray Laura's completely vile character very well. I think that both Laura and Paul are unhinged but very watchable.

The only thing I find hard to understand is that they seem quite blase about the other characters stealing from them, being nasty and treating them like poo. Nigel (Becks and Laura's dad) is such a kn*b!

I wonder is Steve will ever propose to Becky after Nigel's reply when he asked for permission? I know it would have put me off! Laura definitely takes after her dad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing I didn't like, sorry:o but a vulnerable woman who gets emotionally abused by her 'best friend' is now possibly about to get taken advantage of by her friends father? I hope that storyline doesn't develop into anything uncomfortable. Fine if they'd shown her flirting with him, but they had her trying to avoid him. I feel it may be set up to show her getting coerced by him, I hope I'm wrong.

Does anyone feel we could be heading towards quite dark territory in general with this series?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Another thing I didn't like, sorry:o but a vulnerable woman who gets emotionally abused by her 'best friend' is now possibly about to get taken advantage of by her friends father? I hope that storyline doesn't develop into anything uncomfortable. Fine if they'd shown her flirting with him, but they had her trying to avoid him. I feel it may be set up to show her getting coerced by him, I hope I'm wrong.

Does anyone feel we could be heading towards quite dark territory in general with this series?

Yes, having watched it from when it started, I've only watched one of this series, where they were burgled and really didn't enjoy it, so I've not watched the rest. I don't want to sit in my own home watching a man like the Father and a girl like the sister bullying their family and friends, even if it is just a TV programme. It made me feel angry, sad and upset. The Father and Shelley thing was absolutely vile and if they go further with this, it'll be wrong. They've spoiled this programme by going too far...so they've lost a viewer here and I'll not be surprised if they lose a lot more. :(
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I still think it's fantastic! Laura is a highlight! :D
    Forum Member
    Yes, having watched it from when it started, I've only watched one of this series, where they were burgled and really didn't enjoy it, so I've not watched the rest. I don't want to sit in my own home watching a man like the Father and a girl like the sister bullying their family and friends, even if it is just a TV programme. It made me feel angry, sad and upset. The Father and Shelley thing was absolutely vile and if they go further with this, it'll be wrong. They've spoiled this programme by going too far...so they've lost a viewer here and I'll not be surprised if they lose a lot more. :(

The last series they had Dan being in an abusive relationship with a woman. Anyone remember that scene when Steve sees Dan with his hair and beard cut off? It was pretty dark.
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, this series is hard to get into. Episode two and three were what the show is, but last weeks....it was not right with Laura and the Dad bullying everyone, and I didn't even laugh once.

Seems to be a habit of third series syndrome this one......
  • dippydoradippydora Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Is the actress who plays Laura currently on an advert for a sandwich toaster? It looks like her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    No one discussing the first date?

I thought it was brill to see the awkwardness. You take it for granted how well they get along and gel but all that was taken away this ep. Pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a generalisation people head to digital spy when they want to complain and pick fault, the last one was pretty great imo. Back to basics with an interesting twist. I loved it!

I'm guessing that is the general consensus hence why not any comments! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never seen this series before last week, and I'm really enjoying it. I'd only ever heard Sarah Solomani in radio sitcoms before, where she played nice wholesome middle-class girls.
    Absolutely love Shelly.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was almost as if it'd been broadcast in response to some comments saying they preferred it with just the two of them. Found the comments he made about her sister quite funny, given how he lets her get away with so much.

One thing I get really annoyed at (in a shout at the telly way) is when they let people just help themselves to stuff, money, umbrellas, without saying anything...or maybe I'm just more confrontational?

I did like seeing something of the relationship he had with Dan beforehand, it shows that he is a 'friend' even if he's also the annoying neighbour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like that one. It was funny and sweet :)
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovin series 3, but its no good for my health, as I frequently find myself mentally aiming a sniper rifle at Lauras head..:mad:...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    Lovin series 3, but its no good for my health, as I frequently find myself mentally aiming a sniper rifle at Lauras head..:mad:...:D

She's the greatest character in it. So fantastically self centred and totally indifferent to the feelings of others. A real monster.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Can't resist the urge to comment on the latest series any more...

It's awful.

I really enjoyed the first 2 series' but this one seems to be far more heavy-handed and cliched than the previous two.
    It's like it's turning into an old-fashioned 70's sitcom, where the main characters are there, then all the other characters arrive and "hilarity" ensues.

Main thing is that, IMO, they seem to have eroded the sympathetic nature of the protagonists.
    It used to be that Steve and Becky were fairly sensible characters who the viewer could empathise with as a lot of strange things happened to them.

For the third series, however, they seem to have written Steve and Becky just like the other characters; as amoral halfwits with no redeeming qualities and, in doing so, all that remains is a show about a bunch of yobs acting like yobs.

So far it's been about as funny as watching monkeys in the zoo flinging shit at each other.
    Which is not to say it's completely unfunny. It's just not the show it was. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    This is my favourite show on tv at the minute great couple however i hate the sister so much hahaha
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "first date" was an amazing display of subtle acting, and it was really good to see the "back story" of how it all started. It wasn't the funniest episode, but I still got a lot of enjoyment from it.

My top three giggles at the moment:
    1) Him and Her (am I the only one to notice this thread has the wrong name)
    2) Peep show (not as good as it was, but still better than most other sitcoms on at the moment)
    3) HIGNFY (as 2, except not a sitcom)

I also liked Grandma's House and Friday Night Dinner. I hope they make more of both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

For the third series, however, they seem to have written Steve and Becky just like the other characters; as amoral halfwits with no redeeming qualities and, in doing so, all that remains is a show about a bunch of yobs acting like yobs.

Can't agree with that. As an example, the way Steve interacted with shelly's kid at the end of the last but one episode and the look on becky's face while he was doing it showed a depth and goodness in character that in a very simple and sweet, but effective way moved their characters on.