Comments

• Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    6 in her left ear, 4 in her right, lip, tongue and belly button

oh,..that's 13. oh well. a lot.

That leaves one other place I can think of for the 14th... (fnarrr! :cool::D)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a212426/scodelario-is-wuthering-heightss-cathy.html

She seems to be getting a lot of work since finishing Skins. :)

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bump. :)

any news on what the cast have been doing since they finished Skins?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    bump. :)

any news on what the cast have been doing since they finished Skins?

Kaya (Effy) is going to be Cathy in the new Wuthering Heights movie and someone said on imdb she's down to the final two for a role in the new Hobbit movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kaya (Effy) is going to be Cathy in the new Wuthering Heights movie and someone said on imdb she's down to the final two for a role in the new Hobbit movie.

I heard about her part in wuthering heights. :) that's good news. I still need to see lord of the rings in full. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Well. So we went to the open auditions for series 5 yesterday in Bristol. We were expecting a crowded hall but in fact there was a queue outside the venue that snaked round the corner and down the road. People had come from all over the UK, and just behind us were some who had flown over from Ireland for the day. The queue to get in was about 4 hours and I reckon some 1500-2000 young hopefuls were there.

When we finally got to the front the auditionees went inside and were separated from the bored/anxious/bemused parents. My lad told me about the audition itself. They were split into groups of 4 and went into a room with 2 Producers. There, they were given a scenario to improvise and allocated roles. In our case this was that they had seen through a window the father of one of them dressed as a woman and hoovering. Then they had 3 minutes to work out a plan for the scene where two had to take the p!ss and 2 had to defend.

The 5-minute audition took about an hour to do and then the kids were ushered out into another room to be told who had a callback. My son didn't get one, but then there was a lot of competition, many evident stage school luvvies and some absolutely stunning girls.

To liven up the day Ollie Barbieri (JJ) came out a few times and mingled. He's a local west country lad so was probably asked to be there for the "behind the scenes" footage and to liven up the long queue a bit. He's just like his character, though not Aspergers himself of course.

Anyone who's going to the London open auditions next Monday, I would advise:
    1. Get there early. The queue doesn't get any shorter during the day and you don't want to run out of time!
    2. Don't go looking like one of the characters from past series. They have already shown them once, why would they want them again?
    3. Don't assume the above improv is what you'll get - they will have a range of scenarios and are looking for who you are not what you have prepared.
    4. People say "Be Yourself" and this really is true. Acting experience may help but really, you have so little time to make an impression that no amount of experience is going to get you the part in a 3-minute group improv audition if you're not immediately what they're looking for - and nobody but the producers know that!
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've said they're announcing the cast of series 5 and 6 at 5pm next Thursday (5th August).
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skins series 5 cast photo: http://www.e4.com/skins/series5/pictures/cast-reveal.html

Includes Dakota Blue Richards, who was the lead in The Golden Compass movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Skins series 5 cast photo: http://www.e4.com/skins/series5/pictures/cast-reveal.html

Includes Dakota Blue Richards, who was the lead in The Golden Compass movie.

I was just about to post this.

Dakota looks really different now. :) Hope her acting has improved since TGC..she wasn't very good in that, imo.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone staying on from the previous generation like Effy did?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Anyone staying on from the previous generation like Effy did?

from the promo picture, it doesn't look like it. I thought Karen would stay on, doesn't look like that's happening though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching series 4 at the moment, JJ's episode. Just realised where I'd seen the old woman before (the one who buys sweets at the beginning)...She played Doris in Gavin & Stacey. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seeing as there is nothing else to do, I'm going to watch the first series again today. I haven't seen it for ages. I've got so used to the series 3/4 cast.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    The official skins site has been updated, and the pictures of the new characters are on the main DS page. The characters look a lot better now that they have been "skinsified" and I'm looking forward to series 5 a lot more now!
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    i gotta say im not loving the fashion style of the promo pics for the new gang its embrassing IMO

i know 80s stuff is sorta back but the stuff there wearing is blehhh lol
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright me babers.

Have you checked out the full character profiles on the E4 site?

I love the sound of Grace. I think shes going to be rather cool character and I think Mini may be a bit of a biotch!
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    whats the mojo with THE MOVIE!!!!!!!:mad:

effy will be 40 at the rate there going:D

i heard it was suposed to be filming in the summer this did not happen though theres beeing no word whatsoever about it:confused::(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new US version looks awful. I would have at least thought they'd come up with their own stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    The new US version looks awful. I would have at least thought they'd come up with their own stuff.

According to Wikipedia (jug of salt required), the pilot will follow the UK version, but everything after that will be different.
    LucyKay18 wrote: »

The new cast look a little on the plain side. No Naomis, Effys or Lukes to perv at. :(
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer looks amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure about the new titles, don't like the music. The music still doesn't beat Generation 1. Looking forward to it though. :) I love Skins