The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:
    Unless the "ex-friend" was Katie Price, I don't quite see the relevance of this post.

Abortions were mentioned and someone said that it was a woman's right to end a pregnancy, which i agree with, but surely to keep aborting a child is not the answer, the answer is to learn by previous mistakes
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I have a ex friend that has had 4-5 abortions, for no other reason than she did not use any contraception and slept with many men, but will willingly weep and give the sob story of how she is now unable to become a Mother, so yes it is totally a woman's choice, but common sense surely would tell these women,that after such a traumatic experience, not to make the same mistake again, abortion is not a form of contraception :mad:

Good point.

I know of a young woman who had 2 abortions because she was careless about contraception. She fell pregnant for a third time and hoped she'd be able to get another, as the child wasn't wanted. Her GP wouldn't let her have a third termination. Now she has a child who's neglected and unloved. It's a totally callous thing to do to rid yourself of a life for the sole reason that it interferes with your own. I AM pro-choice, and yes, anyone can make a mistake, but I'm not in favour of terminations for women who are careless about contraception over and over again.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point.

I know of a young woman who had 2 abortions because she was careless about contraception. She fell pregnant for a third time and hoped she'd be able to get another, as the child wasn't wanted. Her GP wouldn't let her have a third termination. Now she has a child who's neglected and unloved. It's a totally callous thing to do to rid yourself of a life for the sole reason that it interferes with your own. I AM pro-choice, and yes, anyone can make a mistake, but I'm not in favour of terminations for women who are careless about contraception over and over again.

Surely this is an argument FOR termination.
    An unwanted child is undoubtedly far worse(FOR THE CHILD) than an unwanted pregnancy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An unwanted child is undoubtedly far worse(FOR THE CHILD) than an unwanted pregnancy.

And contraception is even better
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abortions were mentioned and someone said that it was a woman's right to end a pregnancy, which i agree with, but surely to keep aborting a child is not the answer, the answer is to learn by previous mistakes

I agree that continual abortions are not a good thing but what is the answer? If someone has that careless a regard about their own body then surely education rather than judgement is the answer?

No, I wouldn't do the same but being pro choice means accepting that some bad choices will be made but the good far outweighs the bad imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if contraception's not used, the morning after pill is a choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree that continual abortions are not a good thing but what is the answer? If someone has that careless a regard about their own body then surely education rather than judgement is the answer?

No, I wouldn't do the same but being pro choice means accepting that some bad choices will be made but the good far outweighs the bad imo

We now have sex education in Junior schools, i was horrified when my son at the age of 7 was being enlightened on such a subject, yet still we have the highest teenage pregnancy in the Europe, so education has not worked. My friend was advised by her GP after her first abortion and the second, she was refused the third on NHS, so the others she had to pay for, she was even told of the risks of being unable to get pregnant in future if she carried on, its was only when it was to late did she realise, there are plenty of contraceptions available, there lays the answer
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if contraception's not used, the morning after pill is a choice.

It did not work for my daughter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    It did not work for my daughter!

But the choice is there.

It only prevents implantation of the egg, it doesn't cause an abortion, and it's only effective if it's taken up to 72 hours after intercourse, but preferably in the first 24. Your daughter was either just unfortunate that it didn't work or she took it too late for it to be effective.

My daughter took it twice after a condom broke and it worked both times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a. Pro Choice... someone else's reproductive choices are absolutely non of my business.

b. Pro Choice the moral minority... someone else's reproductive choices are my absolute right to pass moral judgement on.

c. Pro Life the liberal... if mother or baby will die termination is allowable.

d. Pro Life the conservative... only God can choose who lives or dies regardless of circumstances.

In the 21st century you would think b,c and d would be far behind us...sadly not.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I used contraception.. Yet my son is here..... Sometimes these things happen
    None of us have the moral right to decide who should do what with their body.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, how many Dads (sorry uncles) has Harvey had? Dwight Scott Matt Pete Alex Leo Kieran. How old is Harvey?

Harvey has one dad ... Who has hardly bothered with him..
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey has one dad ... Who has hardly bothered with him..

Don't you mean has NEVER bothered with him???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you mean has NEVER bothered with him???

I believe Dwight has seen Harvey a few times.. But I don't know how often and when.. Where etc
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No - it's an argument for using contraception.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Sorry, how many Dads (sorry uncles) has Harvey had? Dwight Scott Matt Pete Alex Leo Kieran. How old is Harvey?

How old is the little girl ? 5/6?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    How old is the little girl ? 5/6?

I think she is five and has lived with her mother and her father, two stepfathers and a significant other... it sounds so terrible when put into the context of her life... I don't think any woman should put her life on hold because she has children... but this is so extreme.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is five and has lived with her mother and her father, two stepfathers and a significant other... it sounds so terrible when put into the context of her life... I don't think any woman should put her life on hold because she has children... but this is so extreme.

Absolutely agree. No one expects her to live the life of a nun but the apparent revolving door to her bedroom can not be good for the kids. It's nothing to do with judging her sex life but it's the fact these guys are all moved into the house within a few weeks that isn't good.

My daughter is 5 and I find it sad that there are kids in her class whose parents are no longer together. Princess is the same age and already on step daddy number 3 :(
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    No - it's an argument for using contraception.

Well OBVIOUSLY using contraception would be the best way to prevent pregnancy.
    Unfortunately,no contraceptive is 100% effective and accidents do happen.
    I'm not saying that termination should be used as an alternative to contraception,but I am saying that termination should be used as an alternative to an unwanted child.
    There are many,many reasons to criticise KP.
    I just don't feel that it's for me (or anyone else) to start condemning her specifically (or any woman in general) for the choices she makes as far as her reproductive health is concerned.

It's interesting that no-one is mentioning the fact that none of the men in question seem to mind the fact that she isn't using contraception, and that none of them take any responsibility for their own sexual health either.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well OBVIOUSLY using contraception would be the best way to prevent pregnancy.
    Unfortunately,no contraceptive is 100% effective and accidents do happen.
    I'm not saying that termination should be used as an alternative to contraception,but I am saying that termination should be used as an alternative to an unwanted child.
    There are many,many reasons to criticise KP.
    I just don't feel that it's for me (or anyone else) to start condemning her specifically (or any woman in general) for the choices she makes as far as her reproductive health is concerned.

It's interesting that no-one is mentioning the fact that none of the men in question seem to mind the fact that she isn't using contraception, and that none of them take any responsibility for their own sexual health either.

If her reproductive health was kept private, fair enough, I'd agree, but she's the one who broadcasts it. Therefore people will judge her on it, just as they judge her on everything else she says and does publically.

Yes, the men are also irresponsible, but this thread is about KP and we're discussing her. She's irresponsible in her attitude to contraception and I'll criticise her for it because she's put it out there in the public domain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    If her reproductive health was kept private, fair enough, I'd agree, but she's the one who broadcasts it. Therefore people will judge her on it, just as they judge her on everything else she says and does publically.

Yes, the men are also irresponsible, but this thread is about KP and we're discussing her. She's irresponsible in her attitude to contraception and I'll criticise her for it because she's put it out there in the public domain.

Hear, hear. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont agree having the kids on tv.. Even when they where together... And I do think Junior is mostly affected by this.. But I still believe they have a stable life

So you think Junior is most affected by being paraded on tv, yet not being affected by men moving into his home, that he has not met? Are you serious :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you really want to get into this here goes.. I believe Peter is building his son up for a massive fall..he is telling him he will be a star etc and what happens if he doesn't become that star? .. I didnt campare anything .. I was saying i find it damaging that they filmed their kids and peter still does,.. The kids DON'T call anyone but Peter daddy....

Yes lets get into this, as you really seem to have a problem with Pete having his kids on his show, yet its not a problem for Harvey to be shown? Now before you start with the " Katie is showing what its like to bring up a child with disabilities" can i ask other than what you have read, what have you learned about bring up a disabled child similar to Harvey from her show? Katie has always said that Pete is Harveys Father, yet Pete is not allowed to show on camera, the struggles HE faces, as a single Dad, bringing up a child with disabilities. Katie shows Harvey on her show for no other reason, than there is no one legally allowed to stop her. She wanted Pete to stop showing the kids, because she thought without the kids Pete would not have a show, and its as simple as that! Katie controlling as per.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you think Junior is most affected by being paraded on tv, yet not being affected by men moving into his home, that he has not met? Are you serious :o

I have no idea how the kids are affected.. And neither do you.. But I do think their dad pushing junior to be the next michael jackson is not a good thing...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how the kids are affected.. And neither do you.. But I do think their dad pushing junior to be the next michael jackson is not a good thing...

You have no idea how the kids will be affected by countless men, yet you seem convinced that Junior will be affected by doing what all kids do, by showing off in front of a camera, perhaps we should all stop posting videos and pics of our kids on facebook & twitter then :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.