Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metallica are kicking arse!.:cool:
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Bugg....sounds alright.

in fact as much as i like Metalica... but turning over

Jake just sounds mellow and harmonious and helping my headache and ears.

yeah sure
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Great set from Bryan Ferry so far!! :)
  • scarpa1scarpa1 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a slow one for the oldie's watching.

Well for a little bit.
  • saint paulsaint paul Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Stu_Mck5 wrote: »
    Where are they on?

Ladytron the song not the band.
    Was on Roxy Music's first album, to be honest I loved Roxy Music's first two album's the rest was Meh. Not that keen on his solo stuff either.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I walk into the room just as Enter Sandman starts. :cool:
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I walk into the room just as Enter Sandman starts. :cool:

It doesn't get any better.:D
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was nice of Metallica to allow their whole set to be broadcast.

Other bands should take note and save the BBC having to cut away or miss bits.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Well it was nice of Metallica to allow their whole set to be broadcast.

haha yeah quite amusing really considering their history.

Not a fan of their music (other than nothing else matters) but to be fair they seemed to put on a good show and genuinely seemed glad and thankful to be there.
  • jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a fan of their music (other than nothing else matters) but to be fair they seemed to put on a good show and genuinely seemed glad and thankful to be there.

^^^^^^^^^ this.

theyt soo wanted to be ther and that energy vibe really came across.

Previous Non Glasto type headliners have been so up thier own ass and not getting the vibe.

Well done Metalica......bad boys gatecrashed and energised......anti establishment Glastonbury back for a few hours ......aahhhhhhh

now back to the corporate, middle class, society event sheep , establishment rest of it.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this MGMT track. It's the only one I've heard of theirs though.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Metallica at all but I couldn't help but be kinda hooked by their set (plus I was looking out for my friend who was one of the people stood at the back). Happy for them that they got to play.

Was watching back some of the other sets earlier, CHVRCHES and HAIM were excellent.
  • debdawdebdaw Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Awww give him a chance he is pushing 70
    And it is a bit past his bedtime

True, maybe I was a bit hard on him! Decided to give it another go anyway, and it is a good set. Really like the backing singers, drummer and saxophonist, great enthusiasm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW who is the drippy woman on the red button 2 in the colourfull dress.She is awful.

Those Clean Bandit on 1 seems okay.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^^ this.

Previous Non Glasto type headliners have been so up thier own ass and not getting the vibe.

Well done Metalica......bad boys gatecrashed and energised......anti establishment Glastonbury back for a few hours ......aahhhhhhh

now back to the corporate, middle class, society event sheep , establishment rest of it.

Yeah Metallica were great, I thought they would be. They have a powerful, dynamic sound but anti-establishment? Nah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

gedouttahere. they are pantomime rock and appeal 100% to the misunderstood middle-class teen. a moshpit full of spotty lads all wearing corporate marketing band t-shirts is as sheep-like as it gets. I've got nothing against the hairy goblins, but they are about as anti-establishment as coldplay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metallica may have their faults but comparing them to the insipid, <words too rude for DS> C**dplay is beyond the pale.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What history?
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasabian are maybe the worse thing to happen since WW2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep it did. I liked the photo they took at the end with the crowd behind them. I also liked that they acknowledged several times that some might not like this type of music or even like metallica. But they tried to get everyone involved and it seemed like they played a varied set. So fair play to them. Seemed to go down well on twitter at least.

I think to a certain extent it's an age thing too.. when groups get older I think they realise they're not gods gift and that they're lucky to still be doing what they do in front of an audience. Some younger groups just turn up, go through the motions and expect everyone to love them with minimal effort on their part.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornslippy wrote: »
    gedouttahere. they are pantomime rock and appeal 100% to the misunderstood middle-class teen. a moshpit full of spotty lads all wearing corporate marketing band t-shirts is as sheep-like as it gets. I've got nothing against the hairy goblins, but they are about as anti-establishment as coldplay

Bit harsh, but they are the acceptable side of Thrash Metal.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All bands start off as rebels, and ant-establishment, but as you get older......I mean Roger Daltrey doing American Express Adverts, Mick Jagger at Wimbledon
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasabian are maybe the worse thing to happen since WW2

They are about as rock as Bucks Fizz or Coldplay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    What history?

They tried to go after people who were sharing their music online way back in the day before anyone really took copyright seriously. It's a lot different now but back then Metallica tried to take a stand against it and ended up looking a bit silly. I wasn't being totally serious... the full footage comment just made me remember it. :)