Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Living inbetween two neighbours who literally shout over your head to converse with each other when in front/back gardens.
    Especially when one guy is the son of the previous owner, a lovely old guy, the other neighbour never had a good word to say about his Dad,yet is up the son's arse.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you're in someone's way but instead of them saying excuse me so you can move they just try to push past or lean over you.

I'm thinking of times at home like when I'm washing up and someone comes over to use the tap and just leans straight across. Or when I'm preparing food on the sideboard and someone needs to get in the cupboard above it and just reaches over instead of allowing me a chance to get out of the way. Grrrrrr.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours who always slam their front door. I live in a terraced row and my house shakes when they do it :kitty:
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those little seals on some loaves of bread that are supposed to be easily pulled apart but most of the time i need to take a knife to them or rip the bag. That bugs me for some reason.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The plastic stuff that covers the bottles of Listerine.

They are a bu**er to get off
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Neighbours who always slam their front door. I live in a terraced row and my house shakes when they do it :kitty:

My sympathies. Actually this wasn't a trivial thing for us. We had constant door slamming in the basement flat below our maisonette, making the whole house shake. This, amongst other things, became so unbearable that we had to move house in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    electron wrote: »
    Posters quoting HERE, with no indication of where that can be>:(

Yes, I remember a poster who kept doing that. You were expected to remember that they were in Australia - if you were lucky enough to catch an earlier post where they'd mentioned it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somedays, you just feel great and manage to be able to get loads of things done, and then the next it just feels average and you can't be bothered to do anything. What's up with that? I should be productive like that everyday.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who insist on referring to terraced houses as "a row of cottages". I live in that row of cottages on the bank. No you don't, you live in a terraced house.

This is a terraced house
    www.google.com/images?q=terraced+houses

This is a cottage
    www.google.com/images?q=cottage

and this is a row of cottages
    sandinmysneakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DSC_0292.jpg

Please stop trying to make your two up two down house sound posher than it is. It's a terraced house NOT a cottage.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Places like Kickstarter whose search thing starts searching whilst you're still typing what you want to search for. Please stop that and start the darn search when I press return dammit.

Also those search things with SEARCH written in the box so you have to make sure to delete that before searching otherwise things get all screwed up.

And those search things like tvrage where you enter a specific search like "Expendables 3" and it finds things with that EXACT expression but then goes on to list a whole bunch of near misses. Please stop that too.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're looking at items at the supermarket and some parent barges up roaring WHAT KIND OF ICE CREAM DO YOU WANT to their 13 children who will all hustle around you while the parent breathes down your neck and basically shoves you out of the way.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Somebody crunching on crisps>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some words and phrases I find annoying:

"Meh"
    "pension pot"
    "going forward"
    "the joys of diversity"
    "faux outrage"
    "passive-aggressive"
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

My dad hates that as well.
    I used to work with a bloke years ago who sucked and slurped on boiled sweets all afternoon every day and it used to drive me mental.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    People who insist on referring to terraced houses as "a row of cottages". I live in that row of cottages on the bank. No you don't, you live in a terraced house.

This is a terraced house
    www.google.com/images?q=terraced+houses

This is a cottage
    www.google.com/images?q=cottage

and this is a row of cottages
    sandinmysneakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DSC_0292.jpg

Please stop trying to make your two up two down house sound posher than it is. It's a terraced house NOT a cottage.

I soooo agree
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're taking a multiple choice exam, on a question where you've eliminated two of the four answers and its a toss up between the other two, 80% of the time you always seem to pick the wrong one. It defies all the laws of probability:confused::confused:>:(
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

Don't get me started on that one.

Particularly on trains when the person behind you doesn't realise that they are chewing them right next to your ear. It's even worse when they try to eat them slowly and quietly. They end up being twice as loud and for about ten times as long.

Eating crisps on a train should get you an ASBO.

Quavers should get you ten years hard labour.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The phrase "not being funny but...".

I didn't know you were trying to be funny.
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosey people.

I went into a well-known high street shop yesterday to buy a gift voucher for my fiances mother who has her birthday next week. In the two minutes that I was at the checkout, the shop assistant asked me the following questions:

"Who has a birthday?"
    "When is it?"
    "What is she doing for it"
    "Is it from you and your fiance or just you?"
    "When are you getting married?"
    "What date are you getting married? You should get married on **insert date here** because its my birthday"

I understand these people have to be friendly and chatty but this really took the mickey. I felt like telling her to mind her own business.

I quite like the general pleasantries (hello, please, thank you, goodbye) but I felt like I was subject to an interrogation!
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosey people.

I went into a well-known high street shop yesterday to buy a gift voucher for my fiances mother who has her birthday next week. In the two minutes that I was at the checkout, the shop assistant asked me the following questions:

"Who has a birthday?"
    "When is it?"
    "What is she doing for it"
    "Is it from you and your fiance or just you?"
    "When are you getting married?"
    "What date are you getting married? You should get married on **insert date here** because its my birthday"

I understand these people have to be friendly and chatty but this really took the mickey. I felt like telling her to mind her own business.

I quite like the general pleasantries (hello, please, thank you, goodbye) but I felt like I was subject to an interrogation!

A while ago, I went to Asda and bought butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs.
    The cashier was
    "Oohh are you baking today ?"
    "What are you baking ?"
    "Is it someone's Birthday ?"
    I couldn't wait to pay and leave the shop !
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cbe21ok wrote: »
    My dad hates that as well.
    I used to work with a bloke years ago who sucked and slurped on boiled sweets all afternoon every day and it used to drive me mental.

I slurp my garlic.
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A while ago, I went to Asda and bought butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs.
    The cashier was
    "Oohh are you baking today ?"
    "What are you baking ?"
    "Is it someone's Birthday ?"
    I couldn't wait to pay and leave the shop !

Did you answer those questions or walked away and completely ignored the cashier in question?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Was at a comedy gig last night and the compere says please don't heckle or shout out and don't chat amongst youselves when an act is on.

So what happens? A bunch of women sat behind us keep shouting out and chattering away to themselves all though the gig. :mad:
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you have butter in the fridge at work and someone has used it and left toast crumbs in it......bloody annoying without asking
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    When you have butter in the fridge at work and someone has used it and left toast crumbs in it......bloody annoying without asking

Toast crumbs in butter is up there with coffee granules in the sugar jar because people can't be bothered to use a clean dry spoon. It might be OK for coffee drinkers but I don't want someone else's second hand coffee granules in my cup of Earl Grey when I go to put my sugar in.
This discussion has been closed.