Options

Is Lola's rejection by Cheryl all part of the plan?

AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So far she's played the perfect game - she says all the right things, cries on cue, loves her grandparents, dresses modestly, has confidence issues, and sings beautifully. Even messing up at bootcamp somehow makes you root for her more.

Having Cheryl not put her through in her top 3 is just going to give people even more of a reason to vote for her when she's given the wildcard. The powers that be clearly want her in the final. It's so clever!

BTW I don't think she *is* playing a game, but it is all playing out rather nicely for her!

Comments

• Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer Kerrianne to be the wild card.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I heard about the wildcards and that Simon would be choosing Cheryl's I thought Lola wouldn't be put through so that she could be the wildcard. I'm not usually one for conspiracy but I know Simon loves to push an underdog and this would make her out to be the underdog. I would be surprised if Lola isn't the wildcard. It kind of reminds me of when he sent Melanie home in x factor USA and then brought her back, and I know it's a totally different circumstance because it's a wildcard and not an admission of making a mistake, but I have a feeling they hope the voting goes the same way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes.

Typing extra characters here because apparently that was too short.
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as they the other Judges pick wildcards for others they should then snatch the act they pick as the judge did not want them anyway etc.

it would make It more interesting.
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pic posted on twitter which looks like Lola in the house...

https://twitter.com/AdamLake/status/518868720220114944
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I think having her rejection being the last thing on tonights show was pretty telling, I thought it was weird not ending the show on a positive!, but keeping her in the viewers memory as they play out the wildcatd advert!
    (also the female legs in the advert look like they probably belong to her)
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also looking at the girls' tweets tonight is quite telling...

Emily..

So tonight the X-Factor journey ends for me but I would like to say thank you so much for the support! Good luck to everybody in the lives❤️
    I love you all so so much! Thank you😭❤️ Good luck to my other girls!
    I'll keep doing what I love! I had the most amazing time of my life and met such lovely people, thank you @TheXFactor

Kerrianne...

I'm so gutted guys! 😢 but hopefully this is only the beginning 😘❤️ Thanks for all the support love you all! And all them girls are amazing😍

Lola...

Commiserations to @kerriannecovell and lovely @emilymiddlemas_. And a huge congratulation to @CHLOEJASMINEW & @laurenplatt7 @StephanieNala.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola really isn't very good. A Gamu/Jade-type scandal this certainly isn't
  • Options
    shepster34shepster34 Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think having her rejection being the last thing on tonights show was pretty telling, I thought it was weird not ending the show on a positive!, but keeping her in the viewers memory as they play out the wildcatd advert!
    (also the female legs in the advert look like they probably belong to her)

I saw the legs and hoped they would be kerrianne's. still gutted miss covell wasnt picked. I thought she had a great voice and was my choice to win it.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered whether they would build her up to knock her down, like Lucie in 2009. If Lola does turn out as a wildcard this would be more like Amelia Lily or Chris, the wildcard from about 3 years ago. I think both came 3rd in their respective year.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen a clearer set up to have her as the wildcard.

I'm glad though. I thought she should have definitely been one of the chosen three.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get her appeal at all. But then I couldn't see the fuss about Gamu or Jade either
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu was my favourite ever contestant.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not. I much preferred Emily. Lola and Kerianne are boring and come across as entitled.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she the one married to a footballer?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not her dad was an 80s footballer he wasn't famous though
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lola? Her dad was a footballer and football manager so she's not had quite the humble 'I gut fish for a living' background they're promoting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her dad was Torquay manager for a few years and went on to be Gazza's agent
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Who ???
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her version of ' make you feel my love ' made my spine tingle, best JH performance EVER! It was an absolute travesty that she was sent home after that. If there were visa issues as rumoured they should have just been honest about this on the show, somehow
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola massacred a beautiful song this evening, screeched like a fish wife at boot camp, she must have been ****ing amazing in the auditions for people to still be rooting for her. But, it obviously wasn't memorable for me as I can't recall it, so I really can't understand the support for her to be brought back.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who the hell is Jade?
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they're putting Lola through as the wildcard, she's so screechy. I was hoping it would be Emily or even Kerrianne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Who the hell is Jade?

Fat Scottish girl who sung Adele and was ditched at Judges Houses twice. The first year she was seen as a certainty to get through.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily and Kerrianne are both far more talented and interesting than Lola. She has a pleasant voice and seems like a nice girl, but she isn't a star.