The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

Another fairly dull episode which if it wasn't for Priya confusing behaviour would be very boring.

1) Priya so very confusing behaviour.

So lets see Priya recent timeline
    Dumped by David before wedding day
    Pregnant and has eating disorder.
    Has baby
    Decides she wants Arranged marriage.
    Chooses Rakesh
    Then before wedding has doubts because her feelings aren't as strong as with David despite the fact with arranged wedding they are not supposed to be
    So pulls a strop, stops eating and tells her doubts to Rakesh so Rakesh naturally calls off the wedding
    Which naturally ()stirs up amorous feelings for Rakesh and she decides she has feeling afterall and drags him off to bed.

Not confused at all make your mind up about stuff Priya.

2) Rakesh no doubt is very confused about Priya

3) Georgia - With a mother like you no wonder Priya is confused.

4) Poor Julliette she had the worlds worst birthing partners in Nicola and Jimmy.

5) Jimmy when a woman goes into Labour on your couch don't flap your arms and say don't panic like Mr Jones from Dad's Army

6)Charity went a screamed for a bit in the woods and screawmed and screawmed.

7) Lisa ate some Lettuce and turned into a tree

Other stuff may have happened but its not worth talking about.

Excellent point. David's advice to Rakesh to tell her he loved her really backfired! Hopefully now Rakesh will realise that David is actually a pretty numpty and his advice isn't worth the breath or paper it's written on, lol!

It was also nice to see Zak really trying hard to eat that salad and help his wife in her healthy eating regime eh? *roll eyes* FGS, it was a few lettuce leaves not dog poo! Must try harder Mr Dingle.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    What an absolutely woeful episode last night. :blush: I thought episodes this badly written were left behind in the Blackburn era. Apparently not! :o

As soon as Oates manages to string together a few good episodes she's lauded for being a brilliant ptoducer. All her worshipers keep very quiet during the long periods of complete trash she churns out. I will continue to slag her off because she and her team are lazy. Simple as.
    Also I don't care what anyone says the standard of acting under her has fallen sharply. Hardly anyone acts normally anymore. Too many look hyper and over do it. Too much panto and carry on style acting. Watch ED then watch EE and see a world of diffrtence.
    ED acting makes Danny Dire look like an oscar winner.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I find it frustrating that ED can go from the heights of a copule of weeks ago to the depths we have been plumbing the last couple of nights.

It could be a completely different programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    As soon as Oates manages to string together a few good episodes she's lauded for being a brilliant ptoducer. All her worshipers keep very quiet during the long periods of complete trash she churns out. I will continue to slag her off because she and her team are lazy. Simple as.
    Also I don't care what anyone says the standard of acting under her has fallen sharply. Hardly anyone acts normally anymore. Too many look hyper and over do it. Too much panto and carry on style acting. Watch ED then watch EE and see a world of diffrtence.
    ED acting makes Danny Dire look like an oscar winner.

I'd rather have a week of ED hyper-comedy than a nanosecond of EE hyper-gloom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Thank God for Jimmy and Nicola, the rest was tedious.

Please tell me you are joking?

The only good scene was Zak Lisa and their dog sitting on the sofa all strangely starting to look like each other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only good scene was Zak Lisa and their dog sitting on the sofa all strangely starting to look like each other

:D That's true that!

They really are starting to look incredibly messy aren't they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it frustrating that ED can go from the heights of a copule of wee ago to the depths we have been plumbing the last couple of nights.

Even when its good it can be two different shows within the same episode.
    You can hsve some normal characters acting normally then have a load of hammy,camp panto carry on style acting going on
    I didn't mind when it was just Bernice and Val but now its also Jiimmy, Nicola , David, Leyla Alicia, Eric , Georgia, Kerry, Dan and now Priya's annoying cousin.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, me too! :D

Btw, kudos to you Cit for being brave enough to start an EE-related thread that wasn't metaphorically entitled 'EE wuz amazin' tonite innit'. :cool::cool::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

Another fairly dull episode which if it wasn't for Priya confusing behaviour would be very boring.

1) Priya so very confusing behaviour.

So lets see Priya recent timeline
    Dumped by David before wedding day
    Pregnant and has eating disorder.
    Has baby
    Decides she wants Arranged marriage.
    Chooses Rakesh
    Then before wedding has doubts because her feelings aren't as strong as with David despite the fact with arranged wedding they are not supposed to be
    So pulls a strop, stops eating and tells her doubts to Rakesh so Rakesh naturally calls off the wedding
    Which naturally ()stirs up amorous feelings for Rakesh and she decides she has feeling afterall and drags him off to bed.

Not confused at all make your mind up about stuff Priya.

2) Rakesh no doubt is very confused about Priya

3) Georgia - With a mother like you no wonder Priya is confused.

4) Poor Julliette she had the worlds worst birthing partners in Nicola and Jimmy.

5) Jimmy when a woman goes into Labour on your couch don't flap your arms and say don't panic like Mr Jones from Dad's Army

6)Charity went a screamed for a bit in the woods and screawmed and screawmed.

7) Lisa ate some Lettuce and turned into a tree

Other stuff may have happened but its not worth talking about.

BIB the other stuff was time passing very very very slowly

Also I think an honorable mention should be made of Workerreh's arse which was looking mighty fine in that red dress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it frustrating that ED can go from the heights of a copule of weeks ago to the depths we have been plumbing the last couple of nights.

It kinda is... so much of the show revolves around the Dingles that when the writers are called upon to produce something for other cast members they just don't know how to do it because they do't understand / know the characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    :D That's true that!

They really are starting to look incredibly messy aren't they?

I thought it was funny the way they all sitting looking straight ahead while the camera slowly zoomed in on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    It kinda is... so much of the show revolves around the Dingles that when the writers are called upon to produce something for other cast members they just don't know how to do it because they do't understand / know the characters.

It's only become a problem under this producer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Despite the sickening overkill of the Carters it does at least resemble a British soap rather than a panto/carry on movie.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best scene was Megan stood alone watching the grave being dug. It perfectly summed up how nobody seems to care about her or her feelings any more. :(
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    The best scene was Megan stood alone watching the grave being dug. It perfectly summed up how nobody seems to care about her or her feelings any more. :(

Too be fair only possibly Jai and on occasion Declan ever really liked megan that much and nobody at all had any time for Robbie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »

Yes, the was the most poignant scene in the episode. In fact it summed up basically that no one really seems to give a monkey's in that village that a young man died at all, never mind died saving someone else. You'd think he'd be getting lauded as a hero much more, with at lease the oldies talking about him dying so young etc more than we've seen (my mum and her friends always do this when someone young or just younger than them die). It's almost as if in ED they've become immune to tragedy!

Megan really is alone because Jai's just going through the motions.

Does anyone think this will be the end of the character of Megan now? We know she doesn't inherit Home Farm (and I can't help thinking 'thank god' when I know what's coming) so what has she got to stay for? A wedding business? She might as well go and live with/near her dad old father Jack! Have they actually cornered the character of Megan and made her a bit redundant by wiping her family out?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too be fair only possibly Jai and on occasion Declan ever really liked megan that much and nobody at all had any time for Robbie.
    That's no excuse.>:( Whether you like someone or not it's just common decency to try and be there for them when they've just lost their only brother and only son. :(

Crikey, even Charity's been there for her more than t'rest of t'village, who've barely spared Robbie or HRD a thought. :cry:
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true Kwynne, but it seems so unfair. Apart from a few altercations with the Spencers, she's very nice most of the time but no one seems to want her. :( She made friends with Zak but he's be siding with Charity so he's no use. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Finn had time for Robbie till they just ended the friendship, now he's busy pinning over Aaron to even care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only become a problem under this producer.

not really.... the show has been about the Dingles to the exclusion of other cast members for a long time now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's true about Declan. The only friend he ever had was Jai
    .Robbie had a nice friendship building with Amy, Victoria and Adam at onetime but that fizzled out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    not really.... the show has been about the Dingles to the exclusion of other cast members for a long time now.

I disagree.
    Yes they' be been the shows dominant fiamily for a long timre but lots of other characters were given lots to do and it used to at least look like some effort was put in to their stories.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just looking in here, why do u all have to slate EE and it's fans, how sad lol aint ED entertaining enough huh you have to throw cheap digs haha...
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Was just looking in here, why do u all have to slate EE and it's fans, how sad lol aint ED entertaining enough huh you have to throw cheap digs haha...

I have also been looking through and there is a post saying if only the acting was as good on ED as EE. I wouldn't call that having a cheap dig.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

That was actually hilarious. :blush:

Jeez, I really was the only one who quite enjoyed last night's aren't I? I thought it was worth it for Kerry eating biscuits alone.
This discussion has been closed.