Peter Jackson

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
What happened to the whole Peter Jackson might do Doctor Who? I really would like to see this Happen as I'm really losing interest in this series. The story have mostly been pants up to now. Next weeks looks quite interesting though.

Comments

• TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Article from late July: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-peter-jackson-episode-will-probably-happen-64742.htm

Everything Peter Jackson does seems to be 3 hours or more. Do you think he'd actually be able to tell a good story in only 45 minutes (perhaps 90 minutes if they bring back two-parters)?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure what they were contemplating was a movie, directed by Jackson and written by Moffat, as opposed to Peter directing an episode of the show itself.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.j. wrote: »
    What happened to the whole Peter Jackson might do Doctor Who? I really would like to see this Happen as I'm really losing interest in this series. The story have mostly been pants up to now. Next weeks looks quite interesting though.

This has been a constant theme of nu-who. Next week's always looks better than the one you've just watched. They are great at making trailers, but less good at making episodes.

Its always "jam tomorrow".
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure what they were contemplating was a movie, directed by Jackson and written by Moffat, as opposed to Peter directing an episode of the show itself.

Given that Moffat's been quoted as saying that they were talking about an episode, and that both he and RTD have separately said that a film isn't a particularly good idea, I think it's likely that you're wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I was thinking a two or three parter from Jackson would be cool. gives him time to tell a great story.
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I think it's still on the table for both parties but getting things lined up is.....complicated.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,327
    Forum Member
    docman wrote: »
    I think it's still on the table for both parties but getting things lined up is.....complicated.
    They just need to tell him they want him to do a 'two doctors' type story where Capaldi meets Sylvester Mc coy's doctor and he'll soon find time in his schedule :)
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Article from late July: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-peter-jackson-episode-will-probably-happen-64742.htm

Everything Peter Jackson does seems to be 3 hours or more. Do you think he'd actually be able to tell a good story in only 45 minutes (perhaps 90 minutes if they bring back two-parters)?

I'll take a four-parter. :)
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not,I know I'm apparently in the minority but I found the LOTR movies far too long and pretty boring,I dread to think how he would drag out a Who episode
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes currently still busy in Post Production for The Battle of the Five Armies,so anything will only happen once the final Hobbit film is released,maybe even after the Extended Edition Blu Ray of that film is released next November
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    donovan5 wrote: »
    I hope not,I know I'm apparently in the minority but I found the LOTR movies far too long and pretty boring,I dread to think how he would drag out a Who episode

I loved LOTR
    I think that the story needs to be a four to seven parter as that's better structure as Nu-who scrap is just crap
  • Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I'd wait until he's over The Hobbit trilogy, and take on a whole series (ideally set right here in New Zealand, as opposed to the "UK is Earth" all the time) :)
    By then hopefully Moffat has moved on (or given the boot)