Options

Children In Need 2014: The Ghost of Walford

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
[news]BBC Children In Need 2014 plans revealed[/news]

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-resident-to-be-haunted-by-ghosts-from-the-past.php#results

Okay, this sounds amazing. Imagine if they got the likes of Pat, Den, Angie, Archie etc. back from the dead?

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds amazing! I'll cry if it's Pam St. Clement, I could cry everyday at how they killed off Pat!
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I'd love for the haunted character to be Phil. Plenty who would want harm to him :D

Hoping to see Den and Angie together again in this
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Amazing and never been done before. I'm very excited! I hope Danielle visits Ronnie to make up for that daft end to a storyline.
  • Options
    James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    This sounds amazing! I'll cry if it's Pam St. Clement, I could cry everyday at how they killed off Pat!

Me too. Pat should NEVER have been killed off.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Oh and the show itself will be broadcast from the Square. Similar to last year, but even more so. Wow.

There was something incredibly special about last year's because there were so many EastEnders references.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds good!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see big characters like Pat, Den etc. doing it. It will probably be the likes of Heather and Barry.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I can't see big characters like Pat, Den etc. doing it. It will probably be the likes of Heather and Barry.

Some might argue they are big characters 🙊
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Maybe Cindy and Lucy will be reunited!
  • Options
    James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine if Hev came back to haunt Ben Mitchell?
    Now that would be hilarious...and WELL deserved.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if Hev came back to haunt Ben Mitchell?
    Now that would be hilarious...and WELL deserved.

or all the bens in the sketch 😂
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I hope it's a decent crop of characters. I've wanted to see this type of thing for years!
    The hauntee must be an older character - Ian, Phil, Sharon - hopefully not someone like Billy - of course we know Dot is about to be reunited with her 'dead' son!

Pat & Kathy are the top names no -one wanted killed off; Imagine seeing Den & Angie behind the bar again?! Yes multiple ghosts at once please to have little reunions.

Barry, Hev, Cindy, Laura - maybe Lucy could provide a little teaser for the rest of the storyline?

I think this is a smart move in the run up to the big 3-0; remembering characters who the proper show can't bring back.

This minisode could top East Street!
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oohhhhh, or should I say, Booooo, :o
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Some might argue they are big characters 🙊

Lol that is a given :D
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds so good 😊
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds very interesting! I just hope we see a few good characters.

Hoping to see the likes of Pat and possibly Danielle and Bradley?

I can definitely see Heather and Barry appearing which is probably most likely to happen.

This would have been great for Halloween but close enough, I suppose. Just hope it's worth it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope we get like a 10 min sketch with lots of different scenes
  • Options
    the mogsterthe mogster Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I mentioned this in the EE Children in Need thread
    It seems TPTB do read the forums
    I'd love it if they could get past characters that had been killed off-screen (Cindy Kathy Pat Arthur etc) to come back and have a few scenes on the square, possibly throwing in Ian Dot Sharon Phil and having it as a strange dream sequence
    Maybe they can do something like this as a special or comic relief for the 30th anniversary

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2014239&highlight=children+in+need
  • Options
    the mogsterthe mogster Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think it will be Ian and the likes of Cindy Kathy Mark Lucy Arthur etc he has the strongest link to characters killed off
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry Lamb ;-)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of ghosts haunting the square....If I wanted to watch a horror I'd stick on a scary movie. I think I will be too freaked out to watch it:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds fun. A ghostly Heather confronting Shirley about covering for Phil and profiting from her death would be terrific. I know it's unlikely to happen but I wish they'd include the ghosts of Jase Dyer and Karen Brown. Jay needs reminding that he is not a Mitchell and a good dose of mum guilt for forgetting his mother would do him good. And bring back Bradders,
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    It's Ivy Tilsley. Oh wait...
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    This sounds so good 😊

I know! Sounds very refreshing and could possibly be a nice change from the usual musical numbers.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member

Heather and Barry back!!! I doubt it. Those branches of Poundland won't have celebrity opening by themselves.