Looking for info on the US Xbox One store

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Halo collection is available now! ... Currently giving it the download treatment! 👍
    (It's 45GB) 😉

45GB, plus a 20GB day one update :o

Still, it's understandable considering it contains four separate games (all updated for X1) along with every multiplayer map ever released for each of the four.

Plus, if you pre-load, it will download and install the 20GB update before release.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    45GB, plus a 20GB day one update :o

Still, it's understandable considering it contains four separate games (all updated for X1) along with every multiplayer map ever released for each of the four.

Plus, if you pre-load, it will download and install the 20GB update before release.

Yep! ... It's on my HD right now! 👍

(There was 3 or 4 separate files but I didn't take much notice! :blush: ... It downloaded while I was watching Gotham!) :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine's still downloading AFAIK (external HDD is flashing away).

70Mbps FTTC connection and still the Xbox Store can be pretty damn slow... PvZ: Garden Warfare took ages the other night after it went up on EA Access, and that was a lot bloody smaller than Halo: TMCC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Mine's still downloading AFAIK (external HDD is flashing away).

70Mbps FTTC connection and still the Xbox Store can be pretty damn slow... PvZ: Garden Warfare took ages the other night after it went up on EA Access, and that was a lot bloody smaller than Halo: TMCC.

my experience with X1 XBL on a 152Mbps connection! 😇

While on @ the home screen = lightening fast downloads 👍
    While on Standby = extremely slow downloads 👎

(So I start a download then have my X1 automatically switch off after 1 hour which is usually more then enough time to download my games) 😊

As for halo can't wait to play the halo3 online maps again cause there my favourites of the entire franchise! 😜🎮
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assassins Creed: Unity £29 via India store! 👍 ... Consider it done! 😊
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I bought Titanfall on the US store. What happens if I buy the season pass on the HK store? Will it all work still? (it's only £3 there!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    So, I bought Titanfall on the US store. What happens if I buy the season pass on the HK store? Will it all work still? (it's only £3 there!)

i bought the killer instinct season 2 pass via the hk store & it worked on my UK title ... so i guess dlc is region free aswell. :)
  • Alex_kingsleyAlex_kingsley Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Do people get charged by their bank for foreign transactions with these or not??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people get charged by their bank for foreign transactions with these or not??

1 or 2% via Visa / Bank handling charge iirc! :) ... (which is nowt imo) :)
  • Alex_kingsleyAlex_kingsley Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    1 or 2% via Visa / Bank handling charge iirc! :) ... (which is nowt imo) :)
    Cool, thanks. Got a credit card specifically for use abroad as it doesn't charge any fees, so might give a go with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks. Got a credit card specifically for use abroad as it doesn't charge any fees, so might give a go with that!

I've just had to buy a game with a US redeem code (with my US account) because the India / HK store aren't accepting my card anymore! :(

My card still works so it's obviously @ microsofts end! :blush:
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had to buy a game with a US redeem code (with my US account) because the India / HK store aren't accepting my card anymore! :(

My card still works so it's obviously @ microsofts end! :blush:

I tried to buy Sunset Overdrive on Tuesday via the HK website store and my card was declined. This was the first time I tried to use HK and tried the post code and phone number that you supplied earlier in the thread and just assumed my card company declined it.

I will try and order Halo this evening through the console and India store as that is how I did it before and see what happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to buy Sunset Overdrive on Tuesday via the HK website store and my card was declined. This was the first time I tried to use HK and tried the post code and phone number that you supplied earlier in the thread and just assumed my card company declined it.

I will try and order Halo this evening through the console and India store as that is how I did it before and see what happens.

Yep! ... It keeps saying ** try another payment methad *** :(

(Looks like we're back to buying US codes from PCGameSupply again!) :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! ... It keeps saying ** try another payment methad *** :(

(Looks like we're back to buying US codes from PCGameSupply again!) :blush:

That is what I got from HK, I just tried India via the website and it is just throwing up an error and to try again rather than payment declined.

Like I said I'll try this evening from home on the Xbox
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is what I got from HK, I just tried India via the website and it is just throwing up an error and to try again rather than payment declined.

Like I said I'll try this evening from home on the Xbox

I noticed it started last night aswell ... Hopefully it's just microsoft upgrading the xbox store rather then stopping other regions credit cards! 🙏
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a few people who have an issue online, so it could be Microsoft are closing the loop hole and the card need to fully validate with the card companies.

Guess I will have to use the US store and Xbox credit

Edit- I only saw one person online with the same issue. I would have thought Reddit would have had more people moaning if Xbox had changed their policy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a few people who have an issue online, so it could be Microsoft are closing the loop hole and the card need to fully validate with the card companies.

Guess I will have to use the US store and Xbox credit

Edit- I only saw one person online with the same issue. I would have thought Reddit would have had more people moaning if Xbox had changed their policy.

Yep! Having to use redeem codes (instead of my card) isn't the end of the world but it's still a shame if they've clamped down! :blush:

has anyone tried using their card on the UK site .. that way we'll know if our cards are blocked or its a store problem! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! Having to use redeem codes (instead of my card) isn't the end of the world but it's still a shame if they've clamped down! :blush:

has anyone tried using their card on the UK site .. that way we'll know if our cards are blocked or its a store problem! :)

My card worked fine on the UK site on Tuesday after not working in HK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My card worked fine on the UK site on Tuesday after not working in HK

Then it's been blocked! :( ... End of discussion! :blush:
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will giftcards still work? it works out about £3 more expensive, but once you take into account the tax we're charged anyway, it works out as £1.50ish more expensive per 600 HKD:

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-gift-card-hkd-600-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dtf.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought trials fusion with my UK card (£15 on the UK site) & It worked without any problems! :) ... They've blocked other regions using ya card! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will giftcards still work? it works out about £3 more expensive, but once you take into account the tax we're charged anyway, it works out as £1.50ish more expensive per 600 HKD:

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-gift-card-hkd-600-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dtf.html

Gift cards still work! :)

I've just tried a US one (on my US account) about an hour ago! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This probably isn't Microsoft but rather the card companies as it is fraud to use an invalid address.
    So as long as we can get Xbox credit from abroad, then we can still purchase from those stores.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TBH it was too good to be true and talking about it so brazenly on popular forums it was bound to happen, this is 100% from the banks end not Microsoft. Like deadmancarl says Store credit from other region will always work.