Options

Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friends list seems to be working OK but I can't access my Alerts. It looks like I've got 4 friend requests but can't do anything with them.

I'm not in the preview programme (yet) but I have had an invite, so thanks for that.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends list seems to be working OK but I can't access my Alerts. It looks like I've got 4 friend requests but can't do anything with them.

I'm not in the preview programme (yet) but I have had an invite, so thanks for that.

SimonB & Crimez are not going to be happy if they haven't got an invite....
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,464
    Forum Member
    Vine app now available.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB & Crimez are not going to be happy if they haven't got an invite....

Yep! FF gets in almost instantly 😏 & I get sweetFA despite you guys sending numerous invites! ... What a ******* joke! 👎 😡

(Maybe I'm not a good enough customer or summit?) 😏
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you updated to the latest version? Alerts work fine for me (I am in preview though, so maybe they fixed the issue?)
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Are you updated to the latest version? Alerts work fine for me (I am in preview though, so maybe they fixed the issue?)

Yeah, I think it updated overnight Wednesday and is all good now.

I'm working crazy hours at the moment, but I'll jump on the Preview Programme as soon as I get chance to check it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lied :cry:

After my PvZ session last night, I noticed my gamerscore jumped up by about 120. Not getting notifications for achievements, but I did get one mid game about my battery dying...
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Yep! FF gets in almost instantly 😏 & I get sweetFA despite you guys sending numerous invites! ... What a ******* joke! 👎 😡

(Maybe I'm not a good enough customer or summit?) 😏

It could be because he has a newer console so something may be slightly different about it compared to older ones. Therefore MS are trying to get a good mix of consoles to test on.

Note: I'm not saying there is a revised console, just there is a chance they try perhaps to get a spread of machines based on their age coming off the production line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    It could be because he has a newer console so something may be slightly different about it compared to older ones. Therefore MS are trying to get a good mix of consoles to test on.

Note: I'm not saying there is a revised console, just there is a chance they try perhaps to get a spread of machines based on their age coming off the production line.

Yep! ... Owts possible I suppose! 👍

(I wanted to be in the preview program for the DNLA functionality but that's now sorted! 🎉👏 ... Hopefully I'll get an invite but if I don't im not gonna lose any sleep over it now!) 😀
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to "buy" the 360 Games with Gold games like it is on PSN? Never had a 360 before, and thinking of selling my PS4 (not using it... no games out I want until mid 2015... regret buying it and wish I waited! Seeing it gather dust makes me depressed at the money wasted :p) and picking up a 360.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to "buy" the 360 Games with Gold games like it is on PSN? Never had a 360 before, and thinking of selling my PS4 (not using it... no games out I want until mid 2015... regret buying it and wish I waited! Seeing it gather dust makes me depressed at the money wasted :p) and picking up a 360.

Yes! ... just buy em for free & they'll download when ya eventually fire up ya 360! 👍

(I've got battlefield & darksiders queued atm!) 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! ... just buy em for free & they'll download when ya eventually fire up ya 360! 👍

(I've got battlefield & darksiders queued atm!) 👍

Thanking you! The better half ain't happy after he went crazy when I bought it to begin with :blush: BUT I powered it up for the first time since The Last of Us last night, and gawd it is pretty slow in comparison to XBO. When trying to open my preferences, it took around 30 seconds. I know it sounds stupid, but the wait irritated me. And the UI. Ugh. Honestly, going back to PS4 after playing XBO really feels like a downgrade to me. It left me sad I spent money on it to begin with. ALTHOUGH, I love being able to type by moving the controller around.. amazingly accurate!

I'll definitely pick another one up later, though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanking you! The better half ain't happy after he went crazy when I bought it to begin with :blush: BUT I powered it up for the first time last night, and gawd it is pretty slow in comparison to XBO. When trying to open my preferences, it took around 30 seconds. I know it sounds stupid, but the wait irritated me. And the UI. Ugh. Honestly, going back to PS4 after playing XBO really feels like a downgrade to me. It left me sad I spent money on it to begin with. ALTHOUGH, I love being able to type by moving the controller around.. amazingly accurate!

I got the new 500GB X1 lookalike version purely for the gold games! 👍 ... If you've got the cash then why not? 😉 ... As for my PS4 it'll get used for LBP & possibly drive club but that's about it for the foreseeable future! 😇
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanking you! The better half ain't happy after he went crazy when I bought it to begin with :blush: BUT I powered it up for the first time since The Last of Us last night, and gawd it is pretty slow in comparison to XBO. When trying to open my preferences, it took around 30 seconds. I know it sounds stupid, but the wait irritated me. And the UI. Ugh. Honestly, going back to PS4 after playing XBO really feels like a downgrade to me. It left me sad I spent money on it to begin with. ALTHOUGH, I love being able to type by moving the controller around.. amazingly accurate!

Going back to the 360 might be a culture shock, I still have my 360 and still use it, but boy is it slow :D quitting anything back to the dashboard seems to take ages, I guess were all spoilt by these new machines.

The xbo does have a great UI though and fast, the best thing about the xbo UI is being able to quit a game and do anything else (not start another game) and go back exactly where you left it. Even switch the console to standby :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to the 360 might be a culture shock, I still have my 360 and still use it, but boy is it slow :D quitting anything back to the dashboard seems to take ages, I guess were all spoilt by these new machines.

The xbo does have a great UI though and fast, the best thing about the xbo UI is being able to quit a game and do anything else (not start another game) and go back exactly where you left it. Even switch the console to standby :cool:

Hmm, yeah, but I'd expect the 360 to be slower :p

I don't want to start a console war, but I honestly don't understand the hate the Xbox One UI received upon launch when the PS4 UI got away Scott free... I don't want to say the PS4 is bad by any means, but other than graphics, I genuinely can't think of anything the PS4 does better than the Xbox One. It's just slow in comparison. And the UI on the PS4 is a joke...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree in regards to the resume function! 👍 being able to watch Netflix / switch off the system then instantly go back is fantastic especially when ya playing games with very few save points! 👍
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, yeah, but I'd expect the 360 to be slower :p

I don't want to start a console war, but I honestly don't understand the hate the Xbox One UI received upon launch when the PS4 UI got away Scott free... I don't want to say the PS4 is bad by any means, but other than graphics, I genuinely can't think of anything the PS4 does better than the Xbox One. It's just slow in comparison. And the UI on the PS4 is a joke...

because there are quite a few people out there who cant stand the Metro UI on Windows 8 let alone Xbox One,me it doesn't bother me,i only refused to buy one because of all the own goals they made before launch and only got one after they proved that all those problems had been fixed,now apart from the graphical difference i enjoy them both equally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I'm really looking forward to the extra smartglass functionality! 😎
    (Atleast us lot not in the program will get em in November so not long to wait!) 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One Deals of the Week, 21st-28th October, Gold-exclusive

Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass - 25% off
    Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut - 50% off
    Zombie Driver: Ultimate Edition - 50% off

Lazy deal considering Strike Suit Zero was free last month...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you play that D4 XBLA title without the kinect or did I waste money the other week? 😳 ... Haven't fired it up yet! 😇
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Another lame week :(

Where'd you find that out though? Major Nelson's not posted it yet.

Can you play that D4 XBLA title without the kinect or did I waste money the other week? 😳 ... Haven't fired it up yet! 😇

No need for Kinect, but from what I've heard from some people you may still have wasted your money ;)
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dashboard is normally updated on Tuesday, by 9am-10am with the new discounted games. I am going to wait till there Xmas sale before buying anymore games beyond halo and dragons age. Hopefully I will be able to pick up dead rising for below £20 for example.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is there a time limit to how long you get to spend money you have in your wallet for the store?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Another lame week :(

Where'd you find that out though? Major Nelson's not posted it yet.

No need for Kinect, but from what I've heard from some people you may still have wasted your money ;)

OXM posted it on FB.

OXM are also reporting that Dead or Alive 5 will be free to members of live in Japan.