iPhone tip sharing

xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just got myself an iPhone 4S. I really love it and I'm discovering something each day whilst using it. I thought this would be good place to enable other users to share little tips. One thing I discovered after a month of use! is that if you tap the space bar twice, quickly on finishing a sentence, you can enter a full stop without changing the keyboard screen.

Comments

• Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the world of iphone!

Seeing as your new to iphones ive got to ask, did you check that its running the latest software which is IOS 7.0.2?

Theres loads of tips and tricks if you look on the net or on youtube.

I will add a couple though, when browsing the net on safari, if you want to go back to the top of the page just tap the top status bar(with the clock,signal etc) once and it will go back up instantly.

When sending texts, if you look at the keyboard theres a globe icon, click that and it will give you loads of smiley faces and different icons to send in a text.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These aren't so much tips, but privacy features. Apple loves to track you, so limit what they can see.

Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking

Then go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure apps like Camera don't have access to your location (unless you want them to, but if you let the camera use your location, every photo you ever upload will have the location details in them)

Then try Settings > Safari > Do Not Track.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I turned off the space bar full stop function as I found it became too much of a nuisance at times.