Neighbours....oh brother!!

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
After 20 years of relative 'living in peace' to my next door neighbour, they've just suddenly flipped......all because of this!! :confused:

It's what i use to keep on top of the weeds in my drive and front.

First his wife came out yapping at me "they'll only grow again" to which i answered, "well you can always pull 'em out if they bother you that much....but that's why i'm using this".

Next her husband comes out moaning about the smell (the flamegun runs on parrafin), so i told him, "well shut your door and windows."

He didn't like that so he started telling me how i should weed my own f*ckin' drive!!!:o:o

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they read this thread then?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do they read this thread then?
    Hope so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be annoyed if you told me to shut my door and windows!
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the smell of paraffin. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I use Rosate36, diluted at slightly stronger than recommended and spray the drive with a hand pumped sprayer. Does a fantastic job, and kills the roots as well. Only needs done twice, maybe three times a year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be annoyed if you told me to shut my door and windows!
    I was annoyed by them moaning about me clearing weeds in my driveway!

I could just leave them to run riot and invade their precious garden. But they wouldn't like that either.

Christ......i was only at it for 30 mins.....not all day!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Rosate36, diluted at slightly stronger than recommended and spray the drive with a hand pumped sprayer. Does a fantastic job, and kills the roots as well. Only needs done twice, maybe three times a year.
    If only that was all i had to put up with! I have this crap which has invaded my back yard and i've spent an absolute fortune in various chemical weedkillers......all useless.

I bought the flamegun primarily to tackle that rubbish.....and it works. Even so the stuff will still grow again but the flamegun is the quickest and most efficient tool to keep it at bay.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having flashbacks to 'Nam now.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    charlie1 wrote: »

Charlie don't surf!
  • bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I own one of these Sheen weed burners- they are Bostin at getting rid of weeds etc. There is a silly cow at our allotments though, that thinks I am going to set fire to houses 50 feet away from where our allotment is! Dopey mare thought they ran on petrol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie don't surf!

Genuinely, my darling what do you mean? :):blush:
    I'm very innocent you know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    I'm having flashbacks to 'Nam now.
    LOL.....after discovering how difficult tackling Mares Tail is i 'shopped around' for some Napalm but settled on a flamegun instead. :D
    I own one of these Sheen weed burners- they are Bostin at getting rid of weeds etc. There is a silly cow at our allotments though, that thinks I am going to set fire to houses 50 feet away from where our allotment is! Dopey mare thought they ran on petrol.
    Don't laugh......but i did nearly set fire to my Garage when i first had it! I'd blasted away at a few weeds around the door frame base, then continued on down the drive and around the front. When i'd finished the front i walked back toward the Garage to see smoke billowing out from the side! :o

Fortunately i have a garden hose on the back wall of the house and Fireman Sam sprung into action! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can be my new neighbour! :D
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    LOL.....after discovering how difficult tackling Mares Tail is i 'shopped around' for some Napalm but settled on a flamegun instead. :D

Don't laugh......but i did nearly set fire to my Garage when i first had it! I'd blasted away at a few weeds around the door frame base, then continued on down the drive and around the front. When i'd finished the front i walked back toward the Garage to see smoke billowing out from the side! :o

Fortunately i have a garden hose on the back wall of the house and Fireman Sam sprung into action! :D

Oh that's a comfort! :o:D:D:D
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only that was all i had to put up with! I have this crap which has invaded my back yard and i've spent an absolute fortune in various chemical weedkillers......all useless.

I bought the flamegun primarily to tackle that rubbish.....and it works. Even so the stuff will still grow again but the flamegun is the quickest and most efficient tool to keep it at bay.

Horsetail, nout will get rid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can be my new neighbour! :D

:D Seriously I love the smell of paraffin, petrol, any kind of flammable liquid. :)
    I'm just a weird gal. :)
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Neighbours. Everybody needs good neighbours

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Oh that's a comfort! :o:D:D:D
    Napalm or my 'heated' Garage?

The Sheen flamegun is every amateur arsonists dream. Takes me back to when i used to set fields on fire for fun. I was only 8 or 9 at the time. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Napalm or my 'heated' Garage?

The Sheen flamegun is every amateur arsonists dream. Takes me back to when i used to set fields on fire for fun. I was only 8 or 9 at the time. :D

OMG...................:o I was referring to the handy hose and I think I was right:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Seriously I love the smell of paraffin, petrol, any kind of flammable liquid. :)
    I'm just a weird gal. :)
    My favourite as a kid was the fuel i had for a model aircraft engine. I think it was Ethanol or something similar.......mmmm yummy! Little did i know then that it was as bad as sniffing glue! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Neighbours. Everybody needs good neighbours

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend

Handy if you need a con Insurance job done? :D
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a jet wash instead! A noisy one and put it somewhere they will hear it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite as a kid was the fuel i had for a model aircraft engine. I think it was Ethanol or something similar.......mmmm yummy! Little did i know then that it was as bad as sniffing glue! :o

You have given that up I hope? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horsetail, nout will get rid.
    I know. Apparently it's virtually pre-historic and just like something out of Day of The Triffids! Damn evil stuff but at least the flamegun keeps it at bay and way way cheaper than any weedkillers.....most of which won't even touch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a jet wash instead! A noisy one and put it somewhere they will hear it :D

Only to be brought out when they're sunning themselves or enjoying a barbecue you weren't invited to. :D:D