Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know its not even started yet but ITV with their mini trailers for "I'm A Celeb" is already annoying!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest Confused advert with some guy playing Dubstep on his loud speakers and he's wearing a YOLO shirt >:(
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Agreed Absolutely.
    And why is there always an inane grinning vulture waiting at the door to greet customers on these adverts....it would scare me away.

Just give a decent rate of savings interest.

Agreed on all that. For the vulture, it's like when you go looking for something in a store and want to browse. Someone always comes along asking if I need help. I feel like saying "Piss off! If I need help, I'LL ASK YOU!!!!"
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted - messed up the quote!
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    All bank adverts are terrible.

Halifax have people singing, or champion supposed individuals, while Nationwide and Co-op have sickly sweet voices making you want to vomit, respectively saying, "Nationwide - on your side" and "Co-operative - Here for you, for life"
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIB: At least it's not "Gud with fud" :D:D You're right though, all bank ads are sickeningly patronising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way!?

It's not a 'Don't use text speak' one is it? rolleyes

They are so patronising.

LOL

Yes...that's all that the advert is about basically
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That IBIS "Room To Play" - making a short advert longer with that backward/forwards er, effect. :confused:
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    That GoCompare advert with the "wriggle workout" is driving me crazy!!! >:(
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen yet another patronising Barclays Lifeskills advert.

This time its yet another incoherent teenager basically telling us that how we dress for an interview can influence the impression we make on the potential employer - obviously they say this in the most insulting and patronising way possible.

What will be the next lifeskills lesson. I'm guessing it will be something like thing:-

Teenager in static camera shot.

Hey, if you are lucky enough to get a job, then do you want to make sure you're still alive to turn up for work?

Then don't forget to breathe!

If you know someone who has difficulty breathing then tell them about lifeskill.

Teenager pulls gormless, patronising face as screen fades to the Barclays Lifeskills website graphic.
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen yet another patronising Barclays Lifeskills advert.

This time its yet another incoherent teenager basically telling us that how we dress for an interview can influence the impression we make on the potential employer - obviously they say this in the most insulting and patronising way possible.

What will be the next lifeskills lesson. I'm guessing it will be something like thing:-

Teenager in static camera shot.

Hey, if you are lucky enough to get a job, then do you want to make sure you're still alive to turn up for work?

Then don't forget to breathe!

If you know someone who has difficulty breathing then tell them about lifeskill.

Teenager pulls gormless, patronising face as screen fades to the Barclays Lifeskills website graphic.

I HATE them. I recently had two job interviews, I "erm"d a fair bit (like any normal human being in a stressful situation) and didn't maintain creepy, permanent eye contact - got offered both jobs.

F*** off Barclays.
  • TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I don't need the advice of a stupid, under skilled, over opinionated, under employed middle class child, thank you very much. From a bank, no less! Almost as if Bob Diamond didn't exist, the hypocritical scum
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    I have just had the misfortune to hear a soppy-voiced female ripping the guts out of The Jam"s 'That's Entertainment' on the latest Renault ad.>:(
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can all those celeb women like Denise Van Outen and Nicole Scherzinger stop doing those awful yoghurt adverts please.
    The one with Denise "breaking up" with her yoghurt is particularly distressing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »
    Not even a proper gramophone, some 20 year-old art-director's idea of one. Pretentious cr**

I thought it was Audi having a pop at the Jaguar ad with all the British actors in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Dear heavens - Status Quo - with nothing on :o
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I've seen another of those incredibly annoying ads where they take an upbeat song and bring it down to a twee, barely sung whisper.
    This time they've destroyed That's Entertainment by The Jam.
    I'd love to hear what Paul Weller thinks of this arrangement.

EDIT: Seems a few posters above me can't stand it either.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haig Club whiskey ad with that vile tattooed chav Beckham, it just screams prentious shite and I have to say I have tasted far better blends than this bland product.

Vile advert, vile product.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I've seen another of those incredibly annoying ads where they take an upbeat song and bring it down to a twee, barely sung whisper.

Bloody awful 'version'
    It sounds like professional squeaky voice Cerys Mathews.

Instant mute.

Modfather, WHY!!!!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

He's probably rubbing his hands, laughing all the way to the bank !
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Can all those celeb women like Denise Van Outen and Nicole Scherzinger stop doing those awful yoghurt adverts please.
    The one with Denise "breaking up" with her yoghurt is particularly distressing.

Nicole Shit-singer
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole Shit-singer

:D:D:p:D:D
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that Irwin Mitchell ad, with the Dad who seems to start hating his daughter when he got injured. "Call us or else you'll reject your own children". Appalling message.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ikea have re-started their ad with the same song as the car ad started using, but now Ikea are showing a longer version.

Why did the car ad need the same song as the Ikea ad?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    The sunlife advert, She can't be a mother to the kids any more but she can still contribute with her life insurance

I get the sentiment but that advert is so weirdly done
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Ikea have re-started their ad with the same song as the car ad started using, but now Ikea are showing a longer version.

Why did the car ad need the same song as the Ikea ad?

Need a bit more info than "the car ad"
This discussion has been closed.