Looking for info on the US Xbox One store

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    If you buy from an international store, then the game will unlock when it launches in the territory you have bought the game from. So it will unlock at 8am tomorrow morning (Midnight Pacific Time).

Mine works now! 👍
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    Hasn't Forza horizon already released in America? It released last night

aha, you're right :D! Coulda sworn Amazon.com said 1st oct!

Well, I bought Diablo 3 from the HK store this morning and it's worked fine, so it doesn't seem they've stopped this...

Are they trying to download from the UK store? If so, then it will stay locked until release. It should be downloadable from the US store, though? Odd!
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aha, you're right :D! Coulda sworn Amazon.com said 1st oct!

Well, I bought Diablo 3 from the HK store this morning and it's worked fine, so it doesn't seem they've stopped this...

Are they trying to download from the UK store? If so, then it will stay locked until release. It should be downloadable from the US store, though? Odd!

I'm not sure it's over on the forza forum saying they have spoken to Microsoft and that they had clamped down on it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Mine works now! 👍

Forza Horizon 2? Have u had any problems?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza Horizon 2? Have u had any problems?

None whatsoever!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None whatsoever!!! :)

Wicked am gonna buy it now thanks:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have brought it but don't think it will work, as it didn't download automatically I had to go into games and apps and download it manually as if it still isn't unlocked:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wicked am gonna buy it now thanks:)

Yep! ... I fired it up & the main menu come on pretty much instantly! 👍

(Maybe folk having problems have downloaded it from the wrong store or summit!) :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! ... I fired it up & the main menu come on pretty much instantly! 👍

(Maybe folk having problems have downloaded it from the wrong store or summit!) :confused:

As I said above have a feeling it's not gonna work:( but will know when it hits 20% and It should say ready to start so fingers crossed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said above have a feeling it's not gonna work:( but will know when it hits 20% and It should say ready to start so fingers crossed

Well it should work cause I'm playing it right now! 👍
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I gather on Neogaf, the issue seems to be that people are buying it from US store, reverting their consoles back to the UK. This then locks the game until the UK release date. As long as you stay in the country you've bought the game, you should be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I gather on Neogaf, the issue seems to be that people are buying it from US store, reverting their consoles back to the UK. This then locks the game until the UK release date. As long as you stay in the country you've bought the game, you should be fine.

Yea if it works I'm gonna keep it on USA untill Friday, just out of interest,Simon did u keep urs on USA or have u changed urs bk to UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got my region on UK but I do have unotelly on my router so it's probably fooling the xbox into thinking its in the US! .... like I said previously it works perfect! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got my region on UK but I do have unotelly on my router so it's probably fooling the xbox into thinking its in the US! .... like I said previously it works perfect! :)

I'm at 20% and no ready to start so unfortunately doesn't seem to have worked for me, bugger
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to 23% and it said ready to start woo success, now hopefully will finish downloading while I go out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to 23% and it said ready to start woo success, now hopefully will finish downloading while I go out

That's good!!!!! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do we think I should leave it set to US untill Friday?
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound like it is linked to region that you downloaded it in. I ordered from the India store but downloaded from UK region.
    Guess I will have to wait till Friday as it still says locked even if I set my region to US
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound like it is linked to region that you downloaded it in. I ordered from the India store but downloaded from UK region.
    Guess I will have to wait till Friday as it still says locked even if I set my region to US

It's fantastic!!! 👍

(Just had a 30 minute session!)😄

makes unotelly (on my router) even more essential!!!! ❤️👍
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

Makes no difference really, it's solely dependent on where you bought the game from, even a VPN won't change that.

The wait for Friday (ok Thursday midnight :D) will be a torturous one, however it will be one that's worth it! I've steered clear of all video reviews , streams and footage which is the hardest thing to do when they push certain regions back for no good reason. Some US gamers had a problem last night downloading at midnight and had this game released at the same time for everyone I'm sure that wouldn't of happened. It better not bloody happen Thursday night that's for certain! ;)
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Hi we have a 2nd Xbox One in the house now with a another Microsoft account setup, where is the cheapest and best place to buy Forza Horizon 2 and we will try it?
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Hi we have a 2nd Xbox One in the house now with a another Microsoft account setup, where is the cheapest and best place to buy Forza Horizon 2 and we will try it?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ErXKP2Hwv3cB9Fa-cQ4_Z6SZByJrE8hAliFHAPmV5Vo/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Also just seen the cheapest one for the Evil within is the Hungary store £24.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ErXKP2Hwv3cB9Fa-cQ4_Z6SZByJrE8hAliFHAPmV5Vo/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Also just seen the cheapest one for the Evil within is the Hungary store £24.

Thanks for that spreadsheet. It just shows A) even on foreign digital stores you need to shop around B) How much we are ripped off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a HK / Indian account but I can't be arsed! ... it's such a bloody tedious process having to create yet more email addresses / microsoft live accounts! 😒 ... & are you u really saving that much compared to the US store? 😇
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Before I continue, if I have made a Microsoft account with a UK email address and have setup xbox live and EA Access on it can I use the same account to buy from the Hong Kong store? I have changed the region to Hong Kong on the Xbox One and put the debit card details in again but what home address do I use, my UK one? :confused:

Or is it best to use a different Microsoft account altogether and keep the UK account and Hong Kong accounts separate?