Is Emily Middlemas Cheryl's best hope for female success

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
In a weak year for females and no one expecting anything maybe once again it will turn for Cheryl in her favour.

Despite what people on here say the fact that you have cheryl as your mentor gets you votes anyway.

Do think emily was decent sang a bit more uptempo dropped the guitar and I though was the best of the females.

The various demographics will probably ensure she will get votes if she gets to the lives.

Maybe though she looks about 20 and is very confident will go against her as opposed the crying shop girls

Comments

• earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking someone like Lola would. She's Geordie, a bit frumpy, and doesn't have it all figured out. If she gets nixed initially but brought back as a wild card, you have a recipe for a winning journey.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    I was thinking someone like Lola would. She's Geordie, a bit frumpy, and doesn't have it all figured out. If she gets nixed initially but brought back as a wild card, you have a recipe for a winning journey.

Maybe as the two north eastern girls are slightly bigger and crying and the confidence things and you have the recipe for the journey
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she is scottish, they tend to do well on the show, ask Leon Jackson and Nicholas McDonald.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She worked the audience last night, but if you really listened, her vocals were pretty bad.

Her first audition was memorable, but I didn't think she deserved a seat last night.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God she was awful! The only reason Cheryl kept her was because there were overtones of Cher Lloyd. Weak generic voice, dreadful timing .........
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. At this point, based on what has been shown, Kerrianne and Lauren are.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. At this point, based on what has been shown, Kerrianne and Lauren are.

I agree with this - but I'd add Stephanie to the mix - she has a nice unique sound.

Not keen on Lola, Chloe or Emily. I won't be at all surprised if Emily and Chloe get through to the lives though. Emily , because of her youth and Chloe because she's "different"
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No....Lola could very well get back on track...she hit a rough spot in boot camp...there are some people complaining about her inclusion in the top 6 girls, but her performances justified her spot....she can do better, then we have Lauren Platt who has been great throughout and Kerianne too...could do well also...still lots of potential in the girls category... The other two Steph and Chloe I don't see having a shot...Steph because of she's virtually an unknown and Chloe Jasmine is just too polarizing, she's been getting the most hate for Monica not getting a spot...
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I do think people are underestimating Steph, Kerianne and Lauren. Emily is a bit meh. She isn't the type that teenage girls will like - they will go for the boyband type boys. She wont appeal to the older voters - with singer like Jay James, Jake, Ben, Paul and so on. I think she will be one of the ones who wont actually get many many votes. She doesn't have a powerful voice, she wont have a BIG moment. Steph, Kerianne and Lauren are all stronger vocalists. Kerianne has the biggest appeal for votes, but Steph and Lauren both can pull out the vocals that gets votes. Emily seems the weakest for me.

Also! People underestimate the "Old" voters - the grans, grandads and so on. They, despite her personality, could well like Chloe Jasmine. The old school, voice of the 50's has a big appeal to that age group and if her personality is kept positive in the edits, I wouldn't rule her out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She worked the audience last night, but if you really listened, her vocals were pretty bad.

Her first audition was memorable, but I didn't think she deserved a seat last night.

I agree she really wasn't all that, and kind of annoying too. I think Steph has the most potential in the real world
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    I agree she really wasn't all that, and kind of annoying too. I think Steph has the most potential in the real world

Steph agreed but she has little chance with the voters IF she gets through
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope Her best chance from what we've seen so far IMO is Lauren
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily has the best shot in the charts, but on a show like this where you've got to cry, scream, shout, do Whitney Houston and Adele songs, I'm tipping Emily to come about 5th place if she got to the lives as I think she would have one moment at the lives.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily is proving quite popular on youtube with the second highest number of likes from Bootcamp.
    Lauren- 84,060 views 3,247 likes
    Emily- 81,091 views 2,326 likes

You can check stats from the others here ( cheeky plug for my own thread :p)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2013421
  • Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily is the only star. There's a bunch of decent singers/shouters but we've seen they don't make stars because they are boring 1 trick wonders.
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Completely agree with the comment above. There are better singers than her, but not 1 of them have shown any kind of charisma or star quality.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emilie is super cute. I think she will do well.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll take 1 of Lola or Kerrieanne, 1 of Stephanie or Chloe and 1 of Lauren or Emily through to the live shows.
    Personally I'd think Kerrieanne, Stephanie and Lauren have been more consistently good, but Lola has also had a lot of coverage, getting the last room audition slot and the last arena audition slot.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've decided on a male/ male group win this year so she has next to no chance of winning - unless there are contestant walk outs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor has changed since series 1-5 where all a girl needed was a "good voice". I watch the X Factor pretty attentively and I honestly could not point out who is who between Kerrianne, Lola, Lauren and Steph - they are just immensely similar and bland to me plus have been seen on this show again and again and again. Therefore I would expect 1 of the 4 screamers to get through, along with Emily and Chloe. Therefore providing the audience with variety on Saturday night, seeing as the public all have different tastes this would also bring in a larger scale of votes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think this is a problem with all the categories all the acts still in look identical.

Is Lola the fishmonger with trainers.

Is Steph the shoe shop one with trainers

Lola is the Essex girl who looks very young who also wears trainers

Emily looks a little different way older than her years but also wears trainers
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think this is a problem with all the categories all the acts still in look identical.

Is Lola the fishmonger with trainers.

Is Steph the shoe shop one with trainers

Lola is the Essex girl who looks very young who also wears trainers

Emily looks a little different way older than her years but also wears trainers

BIB 1 - That's Kerrianne not Steph.

BIB 2 - That's Lauren not Lola
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *_* they should just merge lola kerrianne and lauren into 1 person and save us the trauma of listening to them all 1 by 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    BIB 1 - That's Kerrianne not Steph.

BIB 2 - That's Lauren not Lola

There you go they are too identical with very little individuality surely cole won't find space for two shouters from the north east who are presenting the work in a short identity
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    There you go they are too identical with very little individuality surely cole won't find space for two shouters from the north east who are presenting the work in a short identity

Steph is the mixed race girl who has a bit of a quirky edge to her so can't understand why you're confusing her with the others. Think she's from North East London rather than North East UK