Grantchester - ITV 6th October

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello,

Can you tell me if this is any good please. I've only been half watching it and I'm not sure if I can be arsed with the rest of it.

Yes, I am extremely lazy :D
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »

I think Robson Green and James Norton work well together.

So long as they don't start singing.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Hello,

Can you tell me if this is any good please. I've only been half watching it and I'm not sure if I can be arsed with the rest of it.

You'll only know if you think it's any good if you watch it and see and decide for yourself.
  • extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Looked frightfully chilly for a Pic Nic, what?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Flukie wrote: »
    You'll only know if you think it's any good if you watch it and see and decide for yourself.

I agree with that. I'm enjoying it but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    James Norton is so dreamy.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A vacuum cleaner. Very fancy for a local parish rectory.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vicar said he didn't watch football ...... After they'd discussed the Hungary win over England, implying he meant watching TV.

Is that likely in 1953? I don't think my family or hubby's had TVs until about 1960.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well yes obviously, I wasn't being entirely serious.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

I haven't seen James Norton in anything before, but he is reminding me of Damian Lewis a little bit.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    The Vicar said he didn't watch football ...... After they'd discussed the Hungary win over England, implying he meant watching TV.

Is that likely in 1953? I don't think my family or hubby's had TVs until about 1960.

It's possible. My parents got their first TV set to watch the Coronation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

He really is exceedingly beautiful.
    Forum Member
    I agree with that. I'm enjoying it but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm always bemused when someone asks if something is good so they know whether to watch it or not!
    I take no notice of critics opinions on things, for instance. I make me own mind up by watching something.

Which is probably why I only watch a few programmes these days!
    Everyone drooled over Broadchurch, for instance. i thought it was too slow and dragged out for too many weeks.

I loved Happy Valley's though! Sarah and James were both brilliant.
    He said in an interview he was playing Tommy during the day and going home to learn about playing a vicar in the 1950's. He said he had to make sure he didn't get the two confused! lol
    Forum Member
    He really is exceedingly beautiful.

He's gorgeous. He's got a lovely voice as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    It's possible. My parents got their first TV set to watch the Coronation.

Thanks. I guess we were out in the sticks a bit.:)
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen James Norton in anything before, but he is reminding me of Damian Lewis a little bit.

Watch Happy Valleys from earlier this year. His 'breakthrough role' He was brilliant. An evil, psycho killer. It's wonderful! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that little Mo from Eastenders?
    Forum Member
    Blimey, it's Mo Slater!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit dull. Struggling to stay awake
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always bemused when someone asks if something is good so they know whether to watch it or not!
    I take no notice of critics opinions on things, for instance. I make me own mind up by watching something.

Which is probably why I only watch a few programmes these days!
    Everyone drooled over Broadchurch, for instance. i thought it was too slow and dragged out for too many weeks.

I loved Happy Valley's though! Sarah and James were both brilliant.
    He said in an interview he was playing Tommy during the day and going home to learn about playing a vicar in the 1950's. He said he had to make sure he didn't get the two confused! lol

Happy Valley was a bit too bleak for me - it didn't hold back on the detail! I tend to watch shows for light entertainment; the only drama I watch is Downton Abbey and Doctor Who so this is a bit of a departure for me. I'm not sure why I'm like that; I guess everyone's different. :D
  • AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Is that little Mo from Eastenders?

Which one?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen James Norton in anything before, buit he is reminding me of Damian Lewis a little bit.

James has more kissable lips and a better jaw.

He was Alveston in Death Comes to Pemberley last year.

And was the chilling villain in Happy Valley earlier this year.

Not that I am a sad James Norton anorak or anything.... :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngelDoll wrote: »
    Which one?

Robson Greens wife.
    Forum Member
    Happy Valley was a bit too bleak for me - it didn't hold back on the detail! I tend to watch shows for light entertainment; the only drama I watch is Downton Abbey and Doctor Who so this is a bit of a departure for me. I'm not sure why I'm like that; I guess everyone's different. :D

Absolutely! Everyone IS different. I don't watch either of those two programmes. Never liked Dr Who. Never bothered with Downton.

The only things I watch at the moment in the drama dept is Our Zoo, New Tricks, (from Day 1) and Lewis, which is back this week.

And this, when I watch it in full!

I thought Happy Valleys was great. Bleak isn't a word I'd have picked to describe it, must admit. 'Hard hitting' I think suits it. The bit where he ran over the policewoman and then backed over her again to make sure, I can still see in my minds eye! And hear the crunching!

James said in an interview for this show that he went into work for this show, the day after that episode aired of HV and he knew who'd watched it cos they gave him a wide berth! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    It's a bit dull. Struggling to stay awake

I'm having trouble engaging in fully too, going to stick with it though I think.