Options

No sound on Destiny?

Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
Forum Member
✭✭
This game is starting to take the p!ss. Three times in 3 days I've started the game only to have no sound. The XB menus etc are fine, but when Destiny starts there's no sound. Re-starting the game does not work, but ejecting the disc and re-inserting it does. It plays fine after that.
Anyone else getting this?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get this every single time I start up the game. Press the xbox button on your controller then open the game again. Works every time for me, at least. No need to ever restart the game.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens to me. I think it's something to do with the 'instant on'. I just return to dash (Xbox button) and then back into the game and it's fixed in 3 seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks brb, I'll do that. I've also had a strange buzzing noise, probably part of the same problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, if I go to the dash and re-start the game all I get is a black screen. I'm getting seriously pee'd off with this game now, there's always something!
    Oh great - I completely re-start the XB, the game runs and I'm just about to attack but then it tells me 'contacting Destiny servers'....then an error message and the game bombs out.
    I've never had so much hassle from a game, surely it can't just be me?>:(

I think I'll put Wolfenstein back in - not the greatest game in the world, but it starts and runs every time.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Nope, if I go to the dash and re-start the game all I get is a black screen. I'm getting seriously pee'd off with this game now, there's always something!
    Oh great - I completely re-start the XB, the game runs and I'm just about to attack but then it tells me 'contacting Destiny servers'....then an error message and the game bombs out.
    I've never had so much hassle from a game, surely it can't just be me?>:(

I think I'll put Wolfenstein back in - not the greatest game in the world, but it starts and runs every time.

Destiny was my first proper game for the X1, so imagine my horror when I didn't get sound, and constant connection issues!! I thought I'd bought a faulty box! I googled and saw that this is a common problem. I believe it was supposed to have been sorted in last update. I couldn't tell you though, have been bloody hooked on Plants Vs Zombies :blush::D