Options

Dancing on Ice and This Morning

trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like DOI, and don't mind This Morning - though it's not as entertaining as it used to be - all fashion and soaps these days!
But why, oh why do we have to have someone from DOI on almost every day? It's Holly's turn this morning, and it seems as though its just self publicity for Phil's outside interests - which isn't fair, as it's probably not him who chooses the guests, but come on, let's keep the two shows separate!:confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern is jealous of Phil and Holly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think so?:D
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    It's beyond a joke now. I know Pip has to mention it every now and again in passing, seeing as they chatter about what else they do, but this is shameless plugging on a daily basis (and if you don't even like Dancing on Ice, it's a massive bore to have it inflicted on you as though it's the nation's favourite).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I think he has been at it with her backstage on the Dancing on Ice set
  • Options
    simsysimsy Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a few more week now and we'll be back to the usual.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    It's beyond a joke now. I know Pip has to mention it every now and again in passing, seeing as they chatter about what else they do, but this is shameless plugging on a daily basis (and if you don't even like Dancing on Ice, it's a massive bore to have it inflicted on you as though it's the nation's favourite).

It has one redeeming feature - Holly Willoughby :D (definitely an improvement from Schofield's days of presenting with Gordon the Gopher :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Guv wrote: »
    It has one redeeming feature - Holly Willoughby :D

Yes, I never thought the human face could radiate such pure vacancy straight from the brain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Yes, I never thought the human face could radiate such pure vacancy straight from the brain.

Wasn't thinking of her face when I wrote that :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a sweet girl, but I know what you mean,gkmacca :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    She's a sweet girl, but I know what you mean,gkmacca :D:D:D:D

Think yourself lucky Dancing on Ice isn't on the BBC - it would be presented by Graham Norton and Fearne Cotton if it was! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving have a chance I wouldn't mind playing with both of Hollys' brains. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like DOI but the plugging of it on other shows, especially This Morning, has become very tedious.

As for Holly, she seems like a lovely girl but something tells me she's not the sharpest pencil in the boss, bless her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think yourself lucky Dancing on Ice isn't on the BBC - it would be presented by Graham Norton and Fearne Cotton if it was! :eek:

:D

Ms Cotton is now at her spirtual home - ITV.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if DOI needed any more shameless promotion. OK, Phil, we get the picture now!! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's just one long plugathon on ITV until we get to the evenings - when the fictional shows about real ITV shows begin. Well done Michael Grade - you've really raised standards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just goes to prove how ITV has visibly deteriorated in recent years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Lady wrote: »
    I like DOI but the plugging of it on other shows, especially This Morning, has become very tedious.

As for Holly, she seems like a lovely girl but something tells me she's not the sharpest pencil in the boss, bless her.

"Pencil in the Boss" :eek:

:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh, I didn't notice that bit!! :eek: ;):D
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd love to put my tool in her box.:D

Oh no, what have I just said?:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As ITV2 hasn't done the backstage thing this year, this is the only way fans of DOI can get updates through the week.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. It's a symptom of not having the behind the scenes show, but it's the worst of both worlds IMO. Regular This Morning viewers might not be particularly keen on DOI, so that's rubbish for them, and so what coverage they do give it is much too shallow for the DOI fans. To be truly interesting, they should be going into more depth, details about the routines, the steps and insight for skating experts (not Jason), plus interviews with the professionals, not just Chris and Jayne and whoever went out that week saying they had a wonderful time.

I know it's cheap, easy and generally popular content for This Morning, but it's too much of a compromise.
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love DOI and I love This Morning, but this plugging is ridiculous. Every Monday morning we get the 'Ooooh it was a great night at the rink last night'. Then whenever a guest comes on from a soap or something Phil tries to get them to 'sign up for the next series'. Not to mention when a celeb gets injured and we get the producers texting Phil. It all look so naff and smug to me.

They promote X Factor and Im A Celeb too, but not to the same extent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,551
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's half as bad/ much as the time they spend on I'm a celeb... that gets half an hour every day doesn't it? :yawn:

Doesn't DOI just get the contestants on as guests (much like X factor), esp the ones who are evicted/ injured etc.. much like they appear on GMTV etc too. Plus they appear on some other features like Beat the stylist. If there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff then I must have missed it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to put my tool in her box.:D

Oh no, what have I just said?:eek::D

:eek: I'm sure you meant that quite innocently, as in>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qciAWZ3Sn4o

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It always happens - when you critique someone else's intelligence, your own goes up in smoke, too! :D