Options

AI..Top.5 Performances..ITV2..3/5/2012..7pm/9pm..UKPace ( No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    really annoyed with the song choices tonight btw

we were meant to be having a 60s round and then a britpop round but most of the britpop songs were 60s songs as well which kinda spoiled it for me

i was expecting a better selection of modern british songs

hollie was only one who did something contemporary

Joshua didn't know his Britpop (Manxpop?!?!) Brothers Gibb song.

Note to American Idol contestants of the future: stream a few Sounds of the Sixties and Sounds of the Seventies programmes from BBC Radio 2 and broaden your musical outlook:)
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Hollie and Joshua were by far the best of the night.

Skylar was okay but even though I have no problem with country she is jus fart too nasal for me.

I like Philip but he's very affected and you could live with it while he picked great songs. But he's felt self indulgent the last couple of weeks.

The other girl is so dull I can't even remember her name. She can sing but when she does the group songs she is weak compared to the other girls.
  • Options
    Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    Hollie and Joshua were by far the best of the night.

Skylar was okay but even though I have no problem with country she is jus fart too nasal for me.

I like Philip but he's very affected and you could live with it while he picked great songs. But he's felt self indulgent the last couple of weeks.

The other girl is so dull I can't even remember her name. She can sing but when she does the group songs she is weak compared to the other girls.

Yeah Hollie was the best of the night definitely far ahead of all the others. she deserved a standing ovation for the bleeding love song that was brilliant! But of course the judges wanted to give the standing ovation to thier favourite Joshua as he was on last (for like the third time now) so it wasn't blatantly obvious...

Jessica was the worst. 1st song was terrible and it just shows she cannot do up-tempo songs at all so all this "best singer in America" non sense the judges keep spouting is clearly false. 2nd song was nothing special either. If you go look on youtube and type in Alexandra Burke - You are so beautiful and then you'll see just how awful Jessica is.

Joshua was as usual rubbish, the 2nd song he just screamed through and the standing ovation never should have happened there. Average karaoke performances don't deserve standing ovations.

Skylar was ok, definitely better than Jessica and Joshua.

Phillip was alright but both songs were too similar, at least that is how he made them sound. He needs to do something different but even though i am no fan of his i would rather he won than the judges chosen two. At least he can sing.
  • Options
    Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    Standouts

Joshua and Jessica
    Hollie (although i bet she goes undeservedly)

Good

Hollie and Skylar - bet one of these go:(
    Phillip and Skylar

Go home

Phillip - but he will stay
    Joshua and Jessica - bet they both stay undeservedly

The corrections to this are in bold above.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good to have some judges who were more prepared to be critical - but I guess that by this stage of the competition they have got to know the contestants and want to keep all of them.

My rankings for last night are:

Jessica - not always my favourite, but thought her last performance was the best of the night

Hollie - I liked her first song, but thought that her second choice was too big for her. A competent version of Bleeding Love - but how Steve could say it was "flawless" when he didn't know the song Is a strange comment. Jennifer thought some of the runs were breathtaking - she obviously did not know how Leona sings it!

Joshua - I know the judges really, really like him but IMO he is good, but not that good.

Skylar - I want to like her, as I am a fan of country music, but she keeps falling a little short for me. She is very likely to have a career in country music (like Kellie Pickler).

Phillip - his affected style is different, but lacks variety. His duet with Joshua was I thought dreadful!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    The corrections to this are in bold above.

These aren't my corrections:confused:

You have a right to your opinions

but don't give the impression of correcting mine.:mad:

I hope Philip goes - he is dreadful and has been for a few weeks now. He is looking more smug by the week which is annoying me

It is bound to be a girl who goes because the viewers vote for the fit looking guys over their actual singing talent, plus the fact there are 3 girls and 2 boys, so it balances it up.
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollie had a great night, yeah what is it with the Joshua love fest that has characterised AI these last few weeks, totally OTT and actually detracts from what is not a bad voice allbeit wrapped in a bland exterior.

I think Skylar or Hollie will go (ironically and unfortunately)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    These aren't my corrections:confused:

You have a right to your opinions

but don't give the impression of correcting mine.:mad:

I hope Philip goes - he is dreadful and has been for a few weeks now. He is looking more smug by the week which is annoying me

It is bound to be a girl who goes because the viewers vote for the fit looking guys over their actual singing talent, plus the fact there are 3 girls and 2 boys, so it balances it up.

Agreed, Phillip was actually one of my favourites towards the start, but now I'm desperately hoping he goes.
    Seems like alot of people are hoping he goes too. lol

I think this week he has lost a bit of support due to being quite poor again, but Vote For The Worst have been backing him for the last couple of weeks which may give him enough votes to be safe incase the teen girl fanbase faulters (like they did with Colton).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxxfan wrote: »
    If Joshua wins this show I will give up watching it :yawn:

I'm still getting over Pia Toscano's ridiculously early exit last season :cry:

My order for this week:

1. Hollie
    2. Jessica

3. Phillip
    4. Skylar

5. Joshua

That just cannot be constructive. I know people dont like Joshua getting the well deserved praise but too put him last? That Phillip is so bland and can only sing one note - b flat. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Phillip was actually one of my favourites towards the start, but now I'm desperately hoping he goes.
    Seems like alot of people are hoping he goes too. lol

I think this week he has lost a bit of support due to being quite poor again, but Vote For The Worst have been backing him for the last couple of weeks which may give him enough votes to be safe incase the teen girl fanbase faulters (like they did with Colton).

I dont think he could possible win now - Surely it is Joshua and Jessica to fight out the final...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Hollie had a great night, yeah what is it with the Joshua love fest that has characterised AI these last few weeks, totally OTT and actually detracts from what is not a bad voice allbeit wrapped in a bland exterior.

I think Skylar or Hollie will go (ironically and unfortunately)

I have watched almost every singing talent show and I have never heard anyone that can sing like Joshua. I cannot think of anyone in the charts now that has is vocal ability. He is always on perfect and pitch and is range is huge. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Results time in 15 mins.....

I keep thinking the results show might suddenly be an hour earlier too, but fortunately not. ;)
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, and it's on...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ryan gets Joshua out, no messing around tonight.

Well, no messing around yet of course, they have a 1 hour show to fill.

I think Joshua is really good, but the judges acting like his personal fanbase is just going to put people off voting for him. I mean who listens to the judges. lol

Joshua safe.
    Judges crack out the champagne.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Glad Joshua is safe. He is amazing.Stood out a mile in auditions but not every week in the lives. He can win.

Love Coldplay.

Oooh Holly & Philip, could it be Philip in bottom 2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh we know Ryan, live with Results...and thankfully only an hour long too...;) :D

Results...

Joshua...re Jimmy...reckons he's safe
    and he's indeed safe

Coldplay...Paradise....not too bad, catchy number, not too many words to it.

Back to Results...

Hollie, Phillip.....
    Jimmy.....critical week for Hollie, believes she pulled it off with Mountain High. 2nd song wasn't magical, neutral on B Love, but reckons she's safe

Jimmy...re Phillip....strong personality, character, did 2 very bland songs( Oh I agree), he should be in the bottom 2....

Hollie.....bottom 2...that's ridiculous!

Josh and Phillip are safe
    ads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hollie and Phillip next.

Well I thought Hollie clearly did a better job last night, but she's kind of taken Elise's spot as the bottom three survivor. I think she's got a taste for it. lol

Hollie in bottom two, yes bottom two, not three this time.
    Phillip safe.
    Which means both guys safe, it's a girl going home tonight.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well if Philip goes through with those two slightly mardy performances last night, then he has to be the winner surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    back to the Ryan show. ;)...and Carrie Underwood, with a uninspiring start to that song. Dress is a long white dress, nice, but don't think much of her song, or could be her voice has got weak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if Philip goes through with those two slightly mardy performances last night, then he has to be the winner surely?

Looking likely.

Although I sensed he lost some support this week, people who had been sure he would win started thinking he'd be in danger. Unfortunately it wasn't enough obviously.

There's a bit of an anti-Phillip thing building, which could benefit whoever faces against him in the final. But thanks to the judges there's an anti-Jessica/Joshua thing building too. LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skylar and Jessica last to hear their fate.

I thought Jessica was the best of the night, but will the judges having to save her come back to haunt her.

Seems like Jimmy hated Jessica's Proud Mary.
    I did personally think her dress highlighted how skinny she is. Maybe a bit much for a 16 year old.

Jessica safe.
    Skylar in the bottom two with BFF Hollie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Results...

Skylar, Jessica....

Jimmy....she's a fighter, thinks she did well, 2nd song was very strange to him, was less than she is capable of....(agree with him)

Jimmy re Jessica....Beautiful song was just that, magnificent, 2nd song, dress was too mature for her, Hollie won the night for him, think Jess will get hurt.

Jessica.....safe

Skylar...bottom 2

ads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to a nice top from Jen...and some fun with her and Ryan. :D

Coldplay again.....that song sounds better, I think...with some mad dance moves. :D

Jeeze another break! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I blanked out during both Coldplay's performances. :D

Hollie and Skylar.
    Going home is Skylar.

Quite a surprise, as the country girls always get alot of support.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last result of the night...but first Judges comments....

nearly 60 million votes...

Skylar goes Home!

Hollie...safe! (I am pleased) :D

Best wishes to Skylar. :)

Skylar with a stronger accent than usual, ending the show on a high as she walks the stage. :) One thing re her is that any stage she's on she'll own it. :)

See you all next week, and have a great weekend...-waves-:D