Scandal Season 2 (US Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen it as yet but is it definitely confirmed about season 3? :)

It hasn't been confirmed yet but it seems to be a done thing. I was looking at the renewal sheet on tvline and none of ABCs shows have been officially renewed but the press talks about Scandal and Revenge coming back for a third season so maybe it's just things are done at ABC and we'll get a confirmation of what we all know sometime this month.

Recent episode was beautifully directed by Tony Goldwyn, wow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this episode poor Cyrus almost having a heart attack seeing his partner interviewing the first lady,
    Does Jake and Charlie know each other? they both work for the same company, and is Jake a good guy or neither.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops so sorry guys if I spoiled it for anyone....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Not seen it as yet but is it definitely confirmed about season 3? :)

As the previous guy said, it's not confirmed yet but there is absolutely no chance in hell that it'll be cancelled. Its audience has grown over the season and wins the timeslot every week, plus it always has a huge social media buzz every week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I just read this:

Sabia Says: Just wanted to clarify the confusion that has been circulating about the ratings. In short - Scandal continues to kick ass! Keep your ear to the ground this week hopefully for an announcement of the Season Three renewal - the latest we could hear is May 14th at ABC upfronts, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear something this week.

As I always say, nothing is guaranteed, but Scandal’s renewal is definitely a safe bet! ;)

Granted it's from another blog but I thought it might be useful for some. http://sabiacoruja.com/post/49592803382/ratings-scandal-dominates-10-oclock-drama-competition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    As the previous guy said, it's not confirmed yet but there is absolutely no chance in hell that it'll be cancelled. Its audience has grown over the season and wins the timeslot every week, plus it always has a huge social media buzz every week.
    I would agree with you, that everything I've read indicates a third season. yeahhhhh!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd welcome a third season but only if they kill off Quinn. She served a plot purpose in season 1 but she's been a waste of space in S2.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've preferred Quinn in Season 2 than I did in Season 1, more specifically her being taught by Huck was great. I prefer her to Abby.

Thursday's episode was great... Even though it won't be plain sailing for them (where would be the drama in that?!) the Olitz shipper in me was over the moon. And I've had "You're All I Need To Get By" stuck in my head ever since.
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys it really would be very surprising if it wasn't renewed I totally love this show!

YAY for Olitz but it's not going to last is it? :( I worry for Cyrus too have a feeling a heart attack could be on the cards :( Tony Goldwyn is such a talented guy agree with Bobsir brilliantly directed and acted!

Only 2 more to go :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the chances that Fitz won't find out that Liv slept with Jake?
    And because Shonda has a tendency to write all her men as slightly chauvinistic & sexist he will inevitably be mad at her about it even though he had told her not to wait for him and the fact that he was forgiven for sleeping with Amanda Tanner :yawn:

I'm still puzzled about who the mole is though... Only person left that I can think of is Sally Langston.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will find out about Jake maybe Cyrus will use it somehow to get him back to Mellie although he's no right being mad as they weren't 'together'!

Maybe Liv will tell him to go back to Mellie?

I'm stuck too with the Mole thought it might be Cyrus but Sallys the only one I can think off too!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think it might be Mellie but if they ruled out Cyrus because he already knew about Defiance then that rules out Mellie too... Which is why Sally is the only candidate left, unless it turns out to be a character we've never met before.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Great article from AVclub: http://www.avclub.com/articles/how-scandal-became-the-perfect-distillation-of-ame,97303/
    The great thing about Scandal is that it can be enjoyed purely as melodrama—and it’s terrific melodrama. Like most great romances, it features one hell of a plot, memorable characters, and a propulsive sense of momentum. But the longer the series goes on, the more it seems like a deeply cynical mash-up of the worst fears Americans have had about their government post-September 11. To ask Scandal to be “realistic” is to fundamentally miss what it’s trying to do. Scandal isn’t trying to re-create Washington politics any more than the swooningly romanticized West Wing was. Like that series, it re-creates Washington politics as a dream—only here, all has been lost to nightmare, and no one yet tastes the ashes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I did think it might be Mellie but if they ruled out Cyrus because he already knew about Defiance then that rules out Mellie too... Which is why Sally is the only candidate left, unless it turns out to be a character we've never met before.

I also thought it might be Sally, now i have a feeling Some how Fitz is connected to the mole.
    Cyrus will use his knowledge of Jake and Liv's relationship to end the affair between Liv and Fitz. Someone said that all the clues are within the episode if you go back and watch it from the beginning..
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samanda wrote: »
    I also thought it might be Sally, now i have a feeling Some how Fitz is connected to the mole.
    Cyrus will use his knowledge of Jake and Liv's relationship to end the affair between Liv and Fitz. Someone said that all the clues are within the episode if you go back and watch it from the beginning..

Yes, that's very true. The ending to this week's episode was rivetting, and the way Fitz' dilemma was solved was genius. Such a great show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Harrison aka Brolivia Pope was fantastic this week... Him telling Olivia "You are my client" was a great moment.

Is that all we'll be seeing of John Barrowman, his role was quite hyped up (typical Shonda) so I'll be disappointed if that's it.

My Olitz love is at an all time high right now... I hope they find a way for Fitz to have it all, Olivia and the presidency.

I'm not exactly surprised by David, OPA did ruin his life, but I am disappointed as I thought he made a good addition to the gladiators. I'm a bit confused though, does this mean that he did kill that girl in his bed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shonda Rhimes anounced it on twitter, the show has officially been renewed. wooo wooo

http://tvline.com/2013/05/10/abc-renewed-shows-list-2013-revenge-scandal-nashville/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly surprised by David, OPA did ruin his life, but I am disappointed as I thought he made a good addition to the gladiators. I'm a bit confused though, does this mean that he did kill that girl in his bed?

There is a lot about the mole storyline that is confusing me so I'm looking forward to watching the whole season again once it has finished to see it makes more sense on a second viewing.

Only more episode to go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    There is a lot about the mole storyline that is confusing me so I'm looking forward to watching the whole season again once it has finished to see it makes more sense on a second viewing.

Only more episode to go!

I did exactly that earlier this week, I wanted to make sure I fully understood the mole storyline (it had me confused) before the mole was revealed so I rewatched the season and I got it alot better after the second time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more interested in the mole storyline then Fitz and Liv, at the moment, because I know they cannot be together or the show would lose viewers,,,, who wants happy ever after? give me angst drama, love triangle etc.. I hope the final leaves me gob smack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That finale was near perfection, I was even ok with the way Olitz ended, but then Fitz had to go crawling back to Mellie and it ruined it for me...

I had seen lots of speculation online that Rowan was Liv's dad so that wasn't too much of a shock, but what kind of dad sends someone to seduce their daughter?! And did he try have her killed?!

I'm really looking forward to season 3... Hopefully we'll get more of Liv's backstory and it should be good to see her trying to fix being named as Fitz's mistress.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That finale was near perfection, I was even ok with the way Olitz ended, but then Fitz had to go crawling back to Mellie and it ruined it for me...

I couldn't tell but did Fitz give a sly smile when he was in Mellie's lap?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't tell but did Fitz give a sly smile when he was in Mellie's lap?

I've seen a few people say this, I can't quite see it myself though... Even if he is just playing her there is no need for it though.

If he was serious about running & winning while divorcing her and moving Liv in, then why can't he run & win while divorcing Mellie without Liv on the scene? I hate the way he shuttles between the 2 of them.

Plus if it was all just a plan then the Liv/Fitz/Mellie saga is pretty much where it was at the end of season 1, I want progression.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's Over :( It was a brilliant episode I too had worked out Rowan was Livs dad but there's so many unanswered questions her own dad sent Jake to sleep with her? Killed? Wonder who leaked Livs name!

We knew there wouldn't be a happy Olitz ending (but at least we got KitchenGate) :p

Didn't like the way Fitz went crawling back to Mellie though we seem to be going round in circles with Olitz how many times have they ended now?

Does Cyrus actually care about Fitz or is he more scared of losing power?

Roll on Season 3 (oh BTW I don't forgive David Rosan) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the finale - and I certainly didn't see the last line coming.

I'm not sure I understood everything tough. As I said above, I'm really going to have to watch it all again.